• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's what I like to call the Red Right Hand Rule.

There are two parts.

First, if you are a right-shooting forward and a Red Wings prospect or fringe Red Wings roster player, you do not have a future with the Red Wings.

#Jarnkrok #Callahan #Glendening #Frk #Nastasiuk #Campbell

Second, if you are a highly skilled right-shooting forward who was signed by the Red Wings as a UFA, you will play one season with the Red Wings, perform well, and then f*** off.

#Brunner #Alfredsson #Vanek #Jagr(SOON)

It's science.

I hear ya, but Jagr is a lefty.

Just now, DickieDunn said:

Habs likely want a D.

Their top four is in pretty good shape with Weber, Markov, Petry, and [who cares]. Weber and Markov are old, but the Habs are in Cup-or-bust mode.

At center, they have Galchenyuk, Danault, Plekanec, Mitchell. (Bergevin seems to believe Galchenyuk isn't ready to be a full-time NHL centerman, but he's probably the best centerman they have.)

So, on the one hand, I think they'd want a C...and on the other hand, Bergevin is Bergevin, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hear ya, but Jagr is a lefty.

Good call. I always think of him as a righty, even when I'm watching him. No idea why.

Dreger reporting Buffalo is trying move Evander Kane once again, and that they may move Robin Lehner as well. Perhaps a goalie swap with Buffalo could work for us? Send Howard home to upstate NY and we receive a younger cheaper (not as skilled) Swedish goalie in return?

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dreger reporting Buffalo is trying move Evander Kane once again, and that they may move Robin Lehner as well. Perhaps a goalie swap with Buffalo could work for us? Send Howard home to upstate NY and we receive a younger cheaper (not as skilled) Swedish goalie in return?

My friends who are Sabres fans don't like Lehner but they would absolutely flip the f*** out if they ended up with Howard as a replacement hahahaha. Let's make it happen Kenny!

Hate to post more of the same, but the bobfather says all the talk right now is surrounding Hamonic, Brodin, and Vatanen. He believes, because there is so much talk, all three will definitely move. We're probably just waiting for one trade to go down, then the flood gates will open, and the other two will fall like dominoes.

Dreger reiterating that Montreal is going hard after Brodin.

Rangers entering the mix as well. They want to exchange Stepan for a top RH D-man. (guessing Vatanen is there guy, but not sure Ducks want another top 6 C)

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Hate to post more of the same, but the bobfather says all the talk right now is surrounding Hamonic, Brodin, and Vatanen. He believes, because there is so much talk, all three will definitely move. We're probably just waiting for one trade to go down, then the flood gates will open, and the other two will fall like dominoes.
Dreger reiterating that Montreal is going hard after Brodin.
Rangers entering the mix as well. They want to exchange Stepan for a top RH D-man. (guessing Vatanen is there guy, but not sure Ducks want another top 6 C)

Galchenyuk for Brodin. D5.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Sure seems like that's what'll happen

Also league-wide roster freeze begins tomorrow at 3 PM. Hoping tomorrow is like a trade-deadline, cause today, besides the "sexypants" rumors, has been slow.

7 hours ago, matt198913 said:

Just checking in on the old Red Wing rumor mill. 

Prediction we sign B Smith and Hudler 

I love Smith and I'd love to have him back, but there's no way we should re-sign him unless other major moves are made (there won't be). Convince Vegas to take Ericsson in the expansion. Kronwall tells the team he's not healthy enough and goes on LTIR. Trade Ouellet in some sort of package. If all three of those things happened I'd love to re-sign Smith, but they won't so we won't. I get that you're probably being a little facetious with this comment, but there's zero chance we sign Hudler, as the last thing we need is another small left-shooting winger.

14 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure seems like that's what'll happen

I don't know what's worse:

• the fact that Adam Larsson and Jonas Brodin can get you Taylor Hall and Alex Galchenyuk
  • the fact that the Red Wings are half a decade removed from losing Nicklas Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski and in all that time they haven't even produced a Larsson/Brodin

Probably the latter.

"Hey, Wings, you want a really good forward?"
"Boy howdy!"
"All we need from you is an unremarkable middle-pairing defenseman with limited upside who's younger than 25 and has spent enough time at the NHL level to convince pro scouts that he isn't likely to spontaneously burst into flames and is therefore A Real Good Defenser Who Can Do the Defendering So Good Wow Such Valuable Very Defend Wow."
"Well, um, see, the thing is..."
"...?"
"There's no hockey store. The reality is you have to draf--"
"Dude! Just give me a middling sub-25 defenseman with a couple years of NHL experience and some name recognition! Everyone has one of those! I'm literally trying to help you rob me!"
"..."
"You've spent the better part of the past decade tripping balls, haven't you."
"Maybe I have, maybe I haven't."
":pokey:"

Nugent-Hopkins, 24, has four-years left on his contract and comes with a $6 million salary cap hit.

A number of teams are believed to be inquired about his availability, including the Montreal Canadiens, Columbus Blue Jackets, Carolina Hurricanes and Detroit Red Wings.

So, maybe Kenny has a master plan for life after Z.