• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

The Sabres' starting ask is reportedly 4 assets equivalent to 1st round talent. Assuming that they'll eventually come down a bit, would any of you do this:

To Detroit: Eichel

To Buffalo: Veleno, Raymond, 2022 1st (top two protected).

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The Sabres' starting ask is reportedly 4 assets equivalent to 1st round talent. Assuming that they'll eventually come down a bit, would any of you do this:

If you could guarantee he'd be healthy?  Probably yes. I'd hate to lose Raymond but adding an actual elite 1C would mean that Yzerman has potentially now stacked the Red Wings at center, in goal, and on D for the next  5 - 10 years. 

Eichel

Larkin

Rasmussen

Johansson Seider

Edvinsson Hronek

Nedaljovic

Cossa

If that was all you had, you could build a contender around this. And the Wings have plenty of depth not listed above. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Logic says I should do it. With immense hesitation.

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Rumored that it's talked about Zibinejad going the other way in an NYR deal. Not sure we can compete with that.

Hope the Sabres are getting some nice futures by taking back a much older center. What a weird trade this would be. For both teams. Sure the Rags get a younger center with their younger talent. But at what cost?

57 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Hope the Sabres are getting some nice futures by taking back a much older center. What a weird trade this would be. For both teams. Sure the Rags get a younger center with their younger talent. But at what cost?

Agreed, I don't see any scenario in which NYR wins a Cup without BOTH Eichel and Zibinejad. And I don't really see why Buffalo would want him in return considering they're inevitably just going to have to trade him for a late 1st anyway. Seems to me that NYR 1st and Kakko are the real center pieces of a trade between those two teams and I think Raymond plus Detroit's 1st is a better starting point considering our pick will be higher and Raymond is just as good as Kakko.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, I don't see any scenario in which NYR wins a Cup without BOTH Eichel and Zibinejad. And I don't really see why Buffalo would want him in return considering they're inevitably just going to have to trade him for a late 1st anyway. Seems to me that NYR 1st and Kakko are the real center pieces of a trade between those two teams and I think Raymond plus Detroit's 1st is a better starting point considering our pick will be higher and Raymond is just as good as Kakko.

Rags and Philly man... Keep on making changes for the sake of making changes. Rags have finally been doing it right. It would be fitting for them to f*** it all up now. 

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Forget who, but someone was reporting that the Sabres and the rest of the league expect Buffalo to receive some veterans in return and then flip them again.

Soo we start with Nielson and add what else? Oh wait they wanted a tradable vet....dang it ....

12 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I'd agree if Jack Eichel were totally healthy, But with a herniated disc in his neck. he's not getting that kind of return.

The artificial replacement disc apparently has never been placed as high up on the neck on someone who plays pro sports - or so what the Sabres medical staff and mgt say...It's 'too risky'.

While not privy to his medical records  - I'm fairly certain Eichel's 2nd opinion from outside of the organization is probably as good as it gets and knows what they're doing.

Still risky trade nonetheless.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

The artificial replacement disc apparently has never been placed as high up on the neck on someone who plays pro sports - or so what the Sabres medical staff and mgt say...It's 'too risky'.

While not privy to his medical records  - I'm fairly certain Eichel's 2nd opinion from outside of the organization is probably as good as it gets and knows what they're doing.

Agreed. If we were talking about signing him as a free agent, that would be fine. You could just LTIR if need be. But giving up an elite prospect and potentially one or 2 more high end players in draft picks, would be a disaster if he couldn't play. You'd have to start the rebuild over.

16 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I wouldnt touch Eichel trade with a 10 footer.  

What about a 10 incher?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. If we were talking about signing him as a free agent, that would be fine. You could just LTIR if need be. But giving up an elite prospect and potentially one or 2 more high end players in draft picks, would be a disaster if he couldn't play. You'd have to start the rebuild over.

What about a 10 incher?

i would touch a 10 incher...

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2021/8/12/22606736/what-are-the-buffalo-sabres-options-with-jack-eichel-nhl-hockey

Lehner giving some comments based on his treatment

https://www.yahoo.com/now/robin-lehner-roasts-sabres-medical-staff-empathizes-with-jack-eichel-232541671.html

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

It's these revelations that really makes me 'lol'.

The Sabres will continue to be a joke alongside desert dwellers Phoenix.

It's 1 of the few times relegation has a purpose.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

It's these revelations that really makes me 'lol'.

The Sabres will continue to be a joke alongside desert dwellers Phoenix.

It's 1 of the few times relegation has a purpose.

Buffalo has a strong hockey following, but its still a smaller market. And pulling fans from the other side of the border doesnt work for the Sabres, like it does the Bills, as Buffalo is located so close to the most popular hockey team in the world.

Buffalo is also a blue collar city, so enticing fans to shell out a couple hundred bucks to attend a game, isn't an easy thing to do.

Perhaps their biggest problem is ownership. Pegula may be the 2nd worst NHL owner behind only Melnyk. And since dung balls run down hill, it's not surprising this team has been bad for a while.

Arizona is different tho. It was a large market with a lot of money to spend. Phoenix's population was booming at the time the Jets were relocated there. And although the native population were not hockey fans, the league was counting on the influx of ex-pats from Northern markets to generate support for the team and fill the seats. Essentially the same plan that was used for the Vegas expansion.

But there were major hurdles for AZ that Vegas didn't have. First is the arena issue. It was built in Glendale, a NW suburb of Phoenix. The Phoenix Metropolitan Area has 4.5 million residents spread out over 6 different cities. It is vast. And many of the fans attending the games were driving from the East Valley Area, which was a long commute to attend games. If they had built their arena in a better location, like downtown Phoenix, like the Suns, the drive would have been much more palatable for even casual fans. But that was never going to happen since the city of Phoenix was not going to pay to erect 2 arenas. But Scottsdale or Tempe would have been much better options.

The Coyotes also started off with bad ownership and management, and a mediocre team on the ice, which did nothing to generate a bigger local fan base. Vegas found almost immediate success because they were superior in all of those areas from day one.

With a new billionaire owner, who has a strong history of successful turnarounds, I think the Arizona Coyotes will finally succeed in the desert SW,  just as Vegas did. So long as they can get the arena issues resolved, and bring in better management. Both of which I think will get taken care of very soon, if Alex Meruelo's past business ventures serve as a predictor.