• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Off topic but just wondering when can an ncaa hockey player become a free agent if they refuse to sign with their team?? 

Once your over 20 at any time you choose?Last i checked Adam fox hasn’t signed yet, and fabbro is going to be 21 in June 

holding out hope they decide to test free agency and leave 

Fabbro or Fox would be an amazing get for this team, but I doubt either will just walk when eligible. I would think Poile or Waddell would know whether or not they want to sign before they're eligible to hit free agency. One thing though is that the Preds and Canes have arguable the best d-corps in the league, so they could probably afford to trade them. If I were Holland, these guys would be big targets for me.

With Hronek, Cholowski, McIsaac and Bowey all being 23 and under, adding another high-end defenseman in that age range would be huge...

Cholowski - Fabbro / Fox

DeKeyser - Hronek

McIsaac - Bowey

Not a bad top six in theory... with the possibility that any of Lindstrom, Regula, Barton, etc. develop into NHLers as well.

3 hours ago, kliq said:

This is what I found about Justin Schultz from 2012, I'm pretty sure its 4 years as he was drafted in 2008.

Anaheim Ducks drafted the West Kelowna, B.C., native in the second round in 2008 but failed to sign Schultz during a 30-day exclusive negotiating window after he left school and he was declared an unrestricted free agent on Monday.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-free-agent-justin-schultz-to-pick-his-team-saturday-1.1206491

So I guess according to this, Nashville and Carolina would have another full year before they have to make a decision on Fabbro or Fox?...

3 hours ago, kliq said:

This is what I found about Justin Schultz from 2012, I'm pretty sure its 4 years as he was drafted in 2008.

Anaheim Ducks drafted the West Kelowna, B.C., native in the second round in 2008 but failed to sign Schultz during a 30-day exclusive negotiating window after he left school and he was declared an unrestricted free agent on Monday.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-free-agent-justin-schultz-to-pick-his-team-saturday-1.1206491

Hey thanks a lot man , much appreciated 

I don’t if it’s 4 or not but looking at Schultz ,fox and fabbro the stats prior to college hockey and college years after Schultz signed are 3 each and fox and fabbro both have the same

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=113177

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170098

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=177791

im guessing if fabbro and fox decided to turn pro in the summer they’d have 30 days to sign or become a ufa? Or maybe this year after they finish playoffs ... maybe I should go bug  fox and fabbro on twitter to join the wings haha, Carolina and preds are both stacked at d , anyways hopefully we get lucky with one of them

37 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Fabbro or Fox would be an amazing get for this team, but I doubt either will just walk when eligible. I would think Poile or Waddell would know whether or not they want to sign before they're eligible to hit free agency. One thing though is that the Preds and Canes have arguable the best d-corps in the league, so they could probably afford to trade them. If I were Holland, these guys would be big targets for me.

With Hronek, Cholowski, McIsaac and Bowey all being 23 and under, adding another high-end defenseman in that age range would be huge...

Cholowski - Fabbro / Fox

DeKeyser - Hronek

McIsaac - Bowey

Not a bad top six in theory... with the possibility that any of Lindstrom, Regula, Barton, etc. develop into NHLers as well.

So I guess according to this, Nashville and Carolina would have another full year before they have to make a decision on Fabbro or Fox?...

Well if they want to walk and decide where they want to go they can no? Preds and Carolina can’t force them to sign and they can’t trade  them unless they agree to sign to that club which they also can’t control.

that what I was thinking maybe those dmen see their clubs situation and think I’m f’n out of here ... and looking at our d situation which is horrible and old and how exciting the forward group is why wouldn’t they think about coming here ?

that d is actually pretty solid f*** ... counter with 

trouba cholowski

hronek fabbro 

bowey mcisaac 

hoping in 2 years we trade one Michigan boy for another  and as exciting as is getting bowey having a crazy d Corp would already possibly make him the 7th guy if all turns out in 2-3 years which would be a good problem to have

anywaysss , it’s nice to dream haha 

if you look at fabbro and Schultz they both played 3 years in bchl and college hockey when Schultz decided so I don’t know if they have to wait another year

just noticed fox played 2 yrs not 3 prior to college and is older than fabbro so I don’t know how all this works out , in the end probably means we’d have to trade 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well if they want to walk and decide where they want to go they can no? Preds and Carolina can’t force them to sign and they can’t trade  them unless they agree to sign to that club which they also can’t control.

that what I was thinking maybe those dmen see their clubs situation and think I’m f’n out of here ... and looking at our d situation which is horrible and old and how exciting the forward group is why wouldn’t they think about coming here ?

They can and probably would trade them though. They could trade their rights, the same way you can trade any UFA's negotiating rights when you know they're not going to sign before July 1st. It would likely include some sort of conditional pick. I think either would be thrilled to sign in Detroit, original six team with a long history of winning, starting to build a solid young core, new building, etc. 

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

trouba

hoping in 2 years we trade one Michigan boy for another...

Trouba is another player Holland should be targetting for sure. Not sure which "Michigan boy" you're referring to that we could possibly trade for Trouba though... Larkin? Hell no... DeKeyser? Hard no from Cheveldayoff...

If we're going to get Trouba, I think it would come through free agency.

Scouts at our game last night included the Nashville Predators (2), San Jose Sharks (2), Tampa Bay Lightning (2), New York Islanders, Buffalo Sabres, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins and the Carolina Hurricanes.

www.twitter.com/m_bultman/status/1099120796432252934?s=09

Also, we had two scouts at the Vegas and Winnipeg game. 

Edited by amato

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

They can and probably would trade them though. They could trade their rights, the same way you can trade any UFA's negotiating rights when you know they're not going to sign before July 1st. It would likely include some sort of conditional pick. I think either would be thrilled to sign in Detroit, original six team with a long history of winning, starting to build a solid young core, new building, etc. 

Trouba is another player Holland should be targetting for sure. Not sure which "Michigan boy" you're referring to that we could possibly trade for Trouba though... Larkin? Hell no... DeKeyser? Hard no from Cheveldayoff...

Haha no I meant trading dekeyser and replacing him with trouba ... and I meant signing trouba as a ufa as I see no point in signing him this year when he’s available in a season , keep the assets it would cost and add possibly lafraniere next draft , and free trouba it’s a win win all around 

i been seeing a lot of stuff about the hawks and how they have a bunch of d prospects and no space especially with Keith and seabrook refusing to waive ntc’s and carlsson wasn’t listed in the top 3-4 guys

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=181814

i wonder if he can be had for a 3rd-4th rounder or 4 and 5 since we have 2 5’s although I doubt we’d do this with bowey now added , hronek and cholowski likely next year and then add another soon to be 22 year old but I’d do it , he seems to be having a pretty solid rookie season and we can never have too many d’s 

3 minutes ago, amato said:

Scouts at our game last night included the Nashville Predators (2), San Jose Sharks (2), Tampa Bay Lightning (2), New York Islanders, Buffalo Sabres, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins and the Carolina Hurricanes.

www.twitter.com/m_bultman/status/1099120796432252934?s=09

Also, we had two scouts at the Vegas and Winnipeg game. 

Ya I saw that I can’t imagine anything we’d be looking at from Vegas and jets , sometimes I think they just send these scouts away on trips to like enjoy life lol. There’s no chance of us getting a roslovic or niku from jets so I don’t know 

I’m sure some of those Scouts were checking Nyquist for sure but I’m probably naive but hopeful someone like tb/preds might wanna add a daley on the 3rd pair or a pens want to add vanek 

lets get them picks 

48 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski for Trouba.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, kipwinger said:

Are you sure Jensen is gone, or is that what the Social Justice Warriors want you to believe? 

Nah. Jensen's not a Supreme Court Justice nominee, a Catholic High School student, a MAGA hat wearer, or in law enforcement. No reason for them to make stuff up about him.

37 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nah. Jensen's not a Supreme Court Justice nominee, a Catholic High School student, a MAGA hat wearer, or in law enforcement. No reason for them to make stuff up about him.

Isn't their a rule about political posts?

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How do we know you're not a social justice warrior acting as an agent provocateur?  Isn't that exactly the kind of thing they'd do?

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Kenny threatening to re-sign his ufas as a negotiation tactic

blazing-saddles-gif-8.gif

Nyquist is the only one that worries me. If we bring him back for four or five years @ $5M+, I'm not going to be a happy camper. And I say that as someone who's generally pretty pro-Holland these days.