• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Trash removal delayed 2 years

Rate this topic

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/03/red-wings-to-extend-coach-jeff-blashill-for-two-seasons.html

Awesome.  Two more years of a guy who often looks clueless on the bench, refuses to hold vets accountable, fumble in game adjustments, often has players come out flat and unprepared, and whose teams make the same mistakes at the end of the year that they do at the beginning.

17 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/03/red-wings-to-extend-coach-jeff-blashill-for-two-seasons.html

Awesome.  Two more years of a guy who often looks clueless on the bench, refuses to hold vets accountable, fumble in game adjustments, often has players come out flat and unprepared, and whose teams make the same mistakes at the end of the year that they do at the beginning.

I agree I think his voice has gotten stale. Need a fresh voice behind the bench.

Well - IF  Stevie Y returns, and takes up a job within the Wings organization - Blashill will at least be here 1 season (unless he's let go mid-season).

To me it's really no big deal...Regardless who we draft this summer we'll still be at, or near the bottom of the standings.

It's all part of the 'rebuild' folks :confused:

This should come as no surprise to anyone. Blashill is a good coach with a s***ty team. The young players (Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Hronek, etc.) that he has coached have all taken steps in the right direction. The old players (Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, Vanek, etc.) will be fading out over the next couple years, and we'll start to see even more youth (Zadina, Svechnikov, Veleno, McIsaac, '19 first round pick, etc.) coming in. I look forward to see what he can do with a good team over the next couple years.

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well according to a lot of wings fans on twitter blashill is doing great and developing the players, it’s amazing what a nice meaningless win streak can do to some idiots 

It's amazing that some "idiots" still think that Blashill is the reason this team isn't good right now...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's amazing that some "idiots" still think that Blashill is the reason this team isn't good right now...

HE'S NOT THE ONLY REASON BUT HE'S A BIG PART OF IT

HE AND KEN FAILAND NEED TO GO THEY ARE BOTH AWFUL

YZERMAN IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE THIS FRANCHISE

2474203254_09522e7f77.jpg

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

This should come as no surprise to anyone. Blashill is a good coach with a s***ty team. The young players (Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Hronek, etc.) that he has coached have all taken steps in the right direction. The old players (Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, Vanek, etc.) will be fading out over the next couple years, and we'll start to see even more youth (Zadina, Svechnikov, Veleno, McIsaac, '19 first round pick, etc.) coming in. I look forward to see what he can do with a good team over the next couple years.

Good coaches don't struggle with in game adjustments.

How good would this team be with Scotty Bowman as head coach? Or Mike Babcock? Or even a dug up Toe Blake? Its a bad team. People complain that we win games. Then they complain that we have a coach who isnt winning enough? I dont get it. Are we supposed to hire a really good coach when he wants to be, but is supposed to coach badly on purpose now so that the team loses? Who does that?

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Ha I never said he’s solely responsible for this team being garbage but to praise him for work he’s supposedly done is pure nonsense 

he has no bearing in larkin being the player he is and we been saying AA should be given more ice time for years, to give this dips*** the credit for them putting up numbers is beyond ludicrous 

58 minutes ago, Dabura said:

gOoD cOaChEs DoN't StRuGgLe WiTh In GaMe AdJuStMeNtS

You know just cause you rewrite what someone says in your little gimmicky ways doesn’t make you some smarty pants who’s right ;) 

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How good would this team be with Scotty Bowman as head coach? Or Mike Babcock? Or even a dug up Toe Blake? Its a bad team. People complain that we win games. Then they complain that we have a coach who isnt winning enough? I dont get it. Are we supposed to hire a really good coach when he wants to be, but is supposed to coach badly on purpose now so that the team loses? Who does that?

Doesn’t mean the coach gets praise for winning 6 of 7 to end the season in meaningless hockey games 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ha I never said he’s solely responsible for this team being garbage but to praise him for work he’s supposedly done is pure nonsense 

he has no bearing in larkin being the player he is and we been saying AA should be given more ice time for years, to give this dips*** the credit for them putting up numbers is beyond ludicrous 

You know just cause you rewrite what someone says in your little gimmicky ways doesn’t make you some smarty pants who’s right ;) 

Doesn’t mean the coach gets praise for winning 6 of 7 to end the season in meaningless hockey games 

Nyquist is the past

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

With Scotty Bowman? We’d make the playoffs. Babcock , probably miss it at 10th or 11th in the conference but not as bad. 

Team is bad, but Bowman was another level, and Babcock a tier below him. 

Blashill is in neither of their tiers. 

Edited by kickazz

44 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

AA is getting more minutes now because:

1. There are fewer top 6 forwards ahead of him on the roster now.

2. He's playing better now than he was last season. Maybe his coach had something to do with that?

LOL. This thread is totally rad. Bringing alllllllll the tools out of the shed. 

(secretly praying for a 3 year Kronwall extension, five more years for Holland, two more Rasmussen type drafts, and news that Steve's going to Edmonton)

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

With Scotty Bowman? We’d make the playoffs. Babcock , probably miss it at 10th or 11th in the conference but not as bad. 

Agreed with the last part. But I dont think theres anyway this team makes the playoffs. Not enough talent yet.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You're not even making an argument here. All you're telling me is that you're a big drooling baby who hates our coach for irrational reasons.

I've watched nearly every game the Wings have played under Blashill. I've obsessively tracked the development of our young players under Blashill. I've gone from disliking Blashill as a coach and thinking he's holding the kids back to firmly believing he's exerting a positive influence on these players and is helping them realize their full potential. I changed my mind about him because, as an obsessive fan who pores over e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, I've seen enough to be convinced that 1) the young talent is progressing nicely and 2) Blashill has had a hand in this.

"I've been saying AA should get more ice time. Now he's finally getting more ice time and he's scored 30 goals. Our coach couldn't see what was clear to me and this is why he is an idiot" is such myopic, narcissistic bulls***. Prior to this season, AA had been playing one-dimensional beer league hockey. Blashill wanted him to grow his game and earn more minutes and AA has responded by taking his game to another level this season. Larkin had to restructure his game and commit himself to becoming more than a speedy scoring winger. He didn't do this all by himself while Blashill played video games in the rec room. Same thing with Mantha. Same thing with all the young players who are blossoming before our eyes.

The bus is now being driven by young talent. If you're not going to give the coach any credit whatsoever, you're a jackass.

Edited by Dabura

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL. This thread is totally rad. Bringing alllllllll the tools out of the shed. 

(secretly praying for a 3 year Kronwall extension, five more years for Holland, two more Rasmussen type drafts, and news that Steve's going to Edmonton)

No like for you.

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

You're not even making an argument here. All you're telling me is that you're a big drooling baby who hates our coach for irrational reasons.

I've watched nearly every game the Wings have played under Blashill. I've obsessively tracked the development of our young players under Blashill. I've gone from disliking Blashill as a coach and thinking he's holding the kids back to firmly believing he's exerting a positive influence on these players and is helping them realize their full potential. I changed my mind about him because, as an obsessive fan who pores over e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, I've seen enough to be convinced that 1) the young talent is progressing nicely and 2) Blashill has had a hand in this.

"I've been saying AA should get more ice time. Now he's finally getting more ice time and he's scored 30 goals. Our coach couldn't see what was clear to me and this is why he is an idiot" is such myopic, narcissistic bulls***. Prior to this season, AA had been playing one-dimensional beer league hockey. Blashill wanted him to grow his game and earn more minutes and AA has responded by taking his game to another level this season. Larkin had to resructure his game and commit himself to becoming more than a speedy scoring winger. He didn't do this all by himself while Blashill played video games in the rec room. Same thing with Mantha. Same thing with all the young players who are blossoming before our eyes.

The bus is now being driven by young talent. If you're not going to give the coach any credit whatsoever, you're a jackass.

Nailed it.

25 minutes ago, kickazz said:

With Scotty Bowman? We’d make the playoffs. Babcock , probably miss it at 10th or 11th in the conference but not as bad

Please.

Babcock had his shot at coaching a crappy team into the playoffs. It ended with a last place finish and a lotto win. 

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

"I've been saying AA should get more ice time. Now he's finally getting more ice time and he's scored 30 goals. Our coach couldn't see what was clear to me and this is why he is an idiot" is such myopic, narcissistic bulls***. Prior to this season, AA had been playing one-dimensional beer league hockey. Blashill wanted him to grow his game and earn more minutes and AA has responded by taking his game to another level this season. Larkin had to resructure his game and commit himself to becoming more than a speedy scoring winger. He didn't do this all by himself while Blashill played video games in the rec room. Same thing with Mantha. Same thing with all the young players who are blossoming before our eyes.

Someone's just been sonned deep into Idiot Valley! 

U R the wind under my wings