• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

These are from The Athletic's Pronman, and I think say a lot about his evaluation system. When he ranked Detroit's prospect pool (released earlier this week) these guys were pretty far down the list. But when he scouted the European U20 camps later in the week look who impressed:

Albert Johansson, D, Detroit

Johansson was the top defenseman at Sweden’s camp. In the 2001 age group he’s historically been buried behind numerous first-round-pick caliber talents for Sweden on defense. But with all those players not at the camp, he had an opportunity to shine. He’s a very smart two-way player who can use his brain and feet to help his team’s transition game. “His game has grown a lot since playing all last season against men. He is stronger and more confident with and without the puck. He knows he can match his opponents,” Monten said.

Elmer Soderblom, RW, Detroit

Soderblom, drafted by the Red Wings in the sixth round in 2019, is trending up. He received praise from the coaching staff as one of Sweden’s top players at camp, along with Holmstrom and Johansson among the drafted prospects. Soderblom created chances for himself and others, and used his massive 6-foot-6 frame to get to the hard areas of the ice. “He’s a big guy but now he plays big. Gaining strength and quickness has helped his game become more efficient. He’s strong on pucks and takes them to the net hard,” Monten said.

23 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

These are from The Athletic's Pronman, and I think say a lot about his evaluation system. When he ranked Detroit's prospect pool (released earlier this week) these guys were pretty far down the list. But when he scouted the European U20 camps later in the week look who impressed:

Albert Johansson, D, Detroit

Johansson was the top defenseman at Sweden’s camp. In the 2001 age group he’s historically been buried behind numerous first-round-pick caliber talents for Sweden on defense. But with all those players not at the camp, he had an opportunity to shine. He’s a very smart two-way player who can use his brain and feet to help his team’s transition game. “His game has grown a lot since playing all last season against men. He is stronger and more confident with and without the puck. He knows he can match his opponents,” Monten said.

Elmer Soderblom, RW, Detroit

Soderblom, drafted by the Red Wings in the sixth round in 2019, is trending up. He received praise from the coaching staff as one of Sweden’s top players at camp, along with Holmstrom and Johansson among the drafted prospects. Soderblom created chances for himself and others, and used his massive 6-foot-6 frame to get to the hard areas of the ice. “He’s a big guy but now he plays big. Gaining strength and quickness has helped his game become more efficient. He’s strong on pucks and takes them to the net hard,” Monten said.

This upcoming season in the SHL will be very interesting for us and the Red Wings player development staff. Big seasons coming for these two and Jonatan Berggren, I hope.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anyone have stats on our prospects that are overseas on loans? I can't seem to find any stats to see how they are performing on these loan stints. Would be interesting to know.

As far as I know, no leagues have started up regular season yet. Just a few pre-season games. I believe regular season starts this week for some of the European leagues.

Apparently the team Zadina was on won gold in whatever tournament they were in and he assisted on the game winner...couldn't find any stats though. 

Edited by Wings3:16