• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Abdelkader on unconditional waivers for buyout

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I said this in the other thread, but I would have preferred a Nielsen buyout over Abdelkader. 6 years is a long time to have dead cap on the books... Abby is also a mil cheaper, and a better fit as the 12th / 13th forward than Nielsen in my opinion...

I would agree, but Abby does feel more replaceable than Nielsen. Although not by a lot ha. 

And the cap hit isn't very much.. so that parts kind of whatever to me. I just hope this was for a specific reason rather than just a roster spot. 

3 minutes ago, amato said:

I would agree, but Abby does feel more replaceable than Nielsen. Although not by a lot ha. 

And the cap hit isn't very much.. so that parts kind of whatever to me. I just hope this was for a specific reason rather than just a roster spot. 

Yeah, I've been advocating for a while that one should be bought out. Just would have rathered see Nielsen bought out.

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I said this in the other thread, but I would have preferred a Nielsen buyout over Abdelkader. 6 years is a long time to have dead cap on the books... Abby is also a mil cheaper, and a better fit as the 12th / 13th forward than Nielsen in my opinion...

Could have buried Abby in GR until Nielsen's contract ran out and still saved SOME cap space. Then either buyout or 4th line duties.

15 minutes ago, kliq said:

I dont get this move. Why couldnt he just have been sent to the AHL? We would have gotten rid of his contract in 3 years, now its on the books for 6 including years that we may be a contender. Other then just being able to say hes off our roster, I dont like this move.

Apparently saw some nonsense about the ahl being uncertain , maybe explains alzner being bought out . But thats bs , cause ahl is uncertain everyones gonna buy out garbage? Ah well

59 minutes ago, kliq said:

I dont get this move. Why couldnt he just have been sent to the AHL? We would have gotten rid of his contract in 3 years, now its on the books for 6 including years that we may be a contender. Other then just being able to say hes off our roster, I dont like this move.

That wouldn't be fair to the Griffins.  

Hard breakup for Abby and the Wings. They've been through a lot together. Always hard to face up to the fact that you're no longer wanted. Though, I'm sure if he tries really hard he'll can console himself by resting his head on the pile of money he made the last few years while being absolutely f*cking horrible at his job.

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hard breakup for Abby and the Wings. They've been through a lot together. Always hard to face up to the fact that you're no longer wanted. Though, I'm sure if he tries really hard he'll can console himself by resting his head on the pile of money he made the last few years while being absolutely f*cking horrible at his job.

And his super hot WAG

3 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Praise Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Alleluya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Guy goes dormant for a year only to come back for this. Probably never hear from him again now that he has nothing else to post about.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You don't actually believe this, do you?...

In general, yes.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And his super hot WAG

I have lots of friend in Muskegon and visit often. I'm sure I'll be seeing him, drunk and obnoxious, around town before too long. Being a West Michigan f*ckboi is what he's been working his whole life to accomplish. He's got the wife for it already.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Exactly my thoughts. I hope Stevie is up to something with this.

It's really not that hard to figure out. Having a couple million, and a roster spot, laying around might be the difference between a few more Marc Staal moves or not. Plus moving out trash, and moving more in, isn't blocking some kid either. At worst it's a lateral move. P

And then there's the signal that it sends to guys like Larkin, Mantha, Bert, Hronek, etc.

This is your team now boys.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's really not that hard to figure out. Having a couple million, and a roster spot, laying around might be the difference between a few more Marc Staal moves or not. Plus moving out trash, and moving more in, isn't blocking some kid either. At worst it's a lateral move. P

And then there's the signal that it sends to guys like Larkin, Mantha, Bert, Hronek, etc.

This is your team now boys. 

Wings have caps space all the way from Detroit to Europe and the roster spot could have been freed by sending Abby to GR. Honestly I can't see any other reason than making a big move at Krug or other big FAs. Which btw would mean we officially abandon the tank.

Just now, derblaueClaus said:

Wings have caps space all the way from Detroit to Europe and the roster spot could have been freed by sending Abby to GR. Honestly I can't see any other reason than making a big move at Krug or other big FAs. Which btw would mean we officially abandon the tank.

The AHL is most likely not having a season this year. So no, they couldn't have. Have you guys not been paying attention to all the news about that lately? The AHL season is HIGHLY in doubt. Which is why the Red Wings loaned guys like Veleno and McIsaac (who have no chance of making the NHL roster) to European league for the entire season, while the loaned buys like Seider and Zadina to Euro clubs with an "out" clause so they could play in the NHL.

23 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And his super hot WAG

Guy goes dormant for a year only to come back for this. Probably never hear from him again now that he has nothing else to post about.

In general, yes.

In general, yes. But there are a LOT of players playing in the AHL that are better than some players in the NHL (players that have been bought out in particular).

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The AHL is most likely not having a season this year. So no, they couldn't have. Have you guys not been paying attention to all the news about that lately? The AHL season is HIGHLY in doubt. Which is why the Red Wings loaned guys like Veleno and McIsaac (who have no chance of making the NHL roster) to European league for the entire season, while the loaned buys like Seider and Zadina to Euro clubs with an "out" clause so they could play in the NHL.

What about Rasmussen? Does he have an "out" clause I wonder?