Jump to content

LeftWinger's Photo


Member Since 02 Aug 2003
Online Last Active Today, 08:53 PM

Topics I've Started

Wings Need on D and Glaring Inconsistencies

17 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

OK, so it seems that every GDT and or any other thread eventually turns away from the subject and gets into a debate about what the Wings may need to get better on D and who is or isn't good anymore, who makes more mistakes or who seems to be taking the lead of this D Corps.  It gets tiresome jumping from thread to thread in order to keep up with a conversation, so I created this topic to direct all that talk into one place....have at it!


Mods, if you feel this thread is not a good idea, please feel free to dump it.

Leafs acquire Grabner

17 September 2015 - 11:37 AM


Versteeg traded to 'Canes

11 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Chicago has traded Kris Versteeg, Joakim Nordstrom and a 3rd round pick(2017) to Carolina in exchange for Dennis Robertson, Jake Massie and a 5th round pick(2017.)






...sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere else, but I didn't see it.



I was relieved when it wasn't for Staal!

It is also to be noted that after this trade, the 'Canes have 10, yes TEN picks in the first three rounds over the next two drafts!

Nyquist Files For Arbitration

05 July 2015 - 04:07 PM


The Future

12 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

..before you get upset, this is not another "What the team will look like next season" thread nor is it a "What I/You think this team needs" one.


It's simply this, even though it was The Hurricanes, but this is the first time we got to see the "future wings" play a game.  That is, without our current leaders.  That being said, sure the current leaders still have a few more years left to tutor and pass on experience to these guys, but soon the team, for the most part, you saw yesterday is going to be the team that carries on the torch and tradition.


Are you happy with the way the "new blood" handled the game yesterday and what impressed you the most or who?


I am so impressed time after time with how the Wings have so much new blood, yet can continue to not turn into to a "rebuild" team like Edmonton is, Chicago and Pitt were and like Buffalo is going to be.  It's simply amazing that players like Marchenko can come up and just play like he has been here and actually play better than Vets that have been here a few.  Can't say enough about Mrazek, once he finds that consistency he looks like he is going to be lights out.  Nyquist and Tatar along with Sheahan? My goodness, I can think of no less than 29 other teams that would sell their wives to have that trio on their team.


All in all, IMO, this team has the brightest future of at least 95% of the rest of the NHL, and the other 5% their future is starting right now or next year.  Once Pav and Z hang em up, these "kids" if we can even call them that anymore, are going to have so much more knowledge and experience, the Red Wings future, which may not start for another 3-4 years, is going to launch this organization into a new orbit.  I can only hope that these players (and the projected ones in GR) continue the direction they are headed!


Oh and I think the biggest reason the team can play so well without their leaders, most of these kids played and won a Championship together in GR. They know each other and know each other well!


Good on you Kenny Holland, for as many of us that question your draft picks, you just keep proving us wrong! Keep it up Kenny!


There is no reason that this (future) team cannot keep this winning tradition up for years and years!