I feel like one of Dr Rahmani's patients (pre laser surgery) could watch the video from last night's game and immediately punch a Franzen jersey. He destroyed every play.
Your newfound Franzen hate pleases me.
He is a lazy sack of crap who may score 30 goals but 25 of them will be scored in one game, and he needs to be packaged with a prospect and/or pick or whatever it takes to get a high-end defenseman with a sick first pass, and did I mention he's lazy?
1. Last night we were exposed by a brilliant, ballsy coach and a hungry, disciplined team. Tippett realized our blue line is actually garbage in its own zone, so he "pinch shifted" his entire team forward, putting our young, bumbling D under extreme pressure and duress, and, in turn, completely stunting our attack. I call this strategy "salting the earth." Kill the the ground, the soil, the ultimate foundation...and nothing will grow. It was incredible to see. We can only hope other teams don't try the same thing, because if they do, we're screwed.
2. Smith and Quincey may be the worst pairing in the league. One of them needs to sit for a game or two or three or four hundred. Brutal. Terrible. Garbage.
3. We have so many borderline useless fourth-line scrubs on this team. Get off your lazy ass, Holland, and do whatever it takes to get Nyquist back in this lineup ASAP. At the very least, we're sorely missing his speed.
4. Babs needs to get over his fear/hatred of kids. Play Tatar, let him run wild on a new Kids Line with Nyquist and Andersson.
5. Through four games we've played, like, 40 good minutes, if that. Wonderful.
All jokes aside, I really don't like our bottom six. It's like, we finally get an awesome top six (and I guess the jury is still out on that, though I do think it'll ultimately become one of the best in the league. Because I say so), and the bottom "bottoms out." mehhhhhh