You know what else I love?
Firstly, that we're too
Secondly (and this is what the Chief was mainly saying), that people's memory stretches back only as far as 2012. (OMG KINGS OMG!!!) Huge upsets that no one could've predicted? They pretty much never happen. Just look at the Wings...
- '95 - Wings beat the Devils.
- '96 - Wings beat the Avalanche and went on to beat the Panthers.
- '97 - Flyers beat the Wings.
- '03 - Wings beat the Ducks. (What ever happened to that Mark Babcock fellow? He seemed nice.)
- '04 - Flames did upset the Northwest Division champion Canucks in the first round, but even if they'd somehow managed to knock off the Presidents' Trophy winning Wings in the second round (they didn't), the Pacific Division champion Sharks very likely would've been waiting for them in the WCF. Sorry, but the Flames were not going to eliminate three division champs. No one eliminates three division champs in a row.
- '06 - Wings beat the Oilers.
- '12 - Wings beat the Predators.
- '13 - Ducks beat the Wings.