• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingfan19

Cherry rips Holland

Rate this topic

Please add to your topic what was said. Few have access to CBC.

Sorry, I didn't take that into account.

I don't like to paraphrase but he basically called out Holland about not having a tough guy and how Detroit has never won a cup without one.

In a sarcastic voice he was saying how Holland is some sort of hockey god and how he has the NHL figured out etc. He also said Detroit will not win a cup when they have to go into places like Boston.

Video's of Caches Corner are uploaded pretty quick on youtube I will add it in the original post when its up.

The Wings haven't won a Cup without an enforcer. We haven't had playoff sucess the last 2 seasons and haven't made many changes, I haven't seen the video yet but it doesn't seem to me as though Don is saying anything but true things.

If he is sarcastically mocking Kenny then he can go on, but the toughness issue cannot be argued against.

Wings win. That's all that matters. Sounds like insecurities from him. Wings don't need a tough man to win. FACT.

Fact? Tell me one Stanley Cup they won without one? Sure they win in the regular season and give it a go in the playoffs, but where are the FACTS? I am not advocating an enforcer, just a tough guy who will fight when needed.

We should start a thread about how Holland should sign a tough guy.

I'll just summarize the responses for you here:

Crymson: "NO! The Wings are perfect and Holland had nice hair! They do not need a tough guy."

Konnan: "You're all just xenophobic euro-haters. They score plenty of points with 'soft-euros'."

Various: "Fighting in hockey is useless. You should just watch UFC, you don't even like hockey."

Holland: "The right deal just wasn't available, but we're confident that some players will take that next step..."

Crymson: "NO! The Wings are perfect and Holland had nice hair! They do not need a tough guy."

Konnan: "You're all just xenophobic euro-haters. They score plenty of points with 'soft-euros'."

Various: "Fighting in hockey is useless. You should just watch UFC, you don't even like hockey."

Holland: "The right deal just wasn't available, but we're confident that some players will take that next step..."

Yepp it's official your my new favorite poster on these boards :lol: About time we have more level headed thinkers around here like GMR and myself :hehe:

Don Cherry is definitely about 5 years from becoming intensely senile, but for the time being and for several decades now, he's been on point. The dude speaks the truth, no matter how it might come out of his mouth. I hope he's still on HNIC for years to come. Literally until the dude is spewing s*** that makes no sense and clawing at the camera guy, I hope he remains on HNIC. Also, I hope he keeps having different white bull terriers named Blue until the end of his existence.

Basically I do see what he's saying and I think he was making more of an observance than ripping Kenny

It's too bad that this is what enforcer debates have been reduced to: ripping the posters who oppose your viewpoints instead of actually entering reasonable discourse. On both sides.

Sorry, I didn't take that into account.

I don't like to paraphrase but he basically called out Holland about not having a tough guy and how Detroit has never won a cup without one.

In a sarcastic voice he was saying how Holland is some sort of hockey god and how he has the NHL figured out etc. He also said Detroit will not win a cup when they have to go into places like Boston.

Video's of Caches Corner are uploaded pretty quick on youtube I will add it in the original post when its up.

Because Boston has such a winning record against us? I'm tired of this tough guy garbage. Last playoff run the Wings dished out more hits than the teams we played, and San Jose was a bruising team. Yeah, Boston is tough, but tough isn't what wins. A proper balance of skills wins. I'm not denigrating Boston, they're the best team right now, but in a 7 game series I like our chances still.

EDIT: Like Mick said tonight, Boston didn't win the Cup because of their physicality. They won because Vancouver couldn't score.

Edited by VM1138

It's too bad that this is what enforcer debates have been reduced to: ripping the posters who oppose your viewpoints instead of actually entering reasonable discourse. On both sides.

Too bad, indeed. I have tried reasonable discourse, multiple times on this board. All it gets me is hyperbole thrown back, strawmen, and outright personal attacks. So, I fall back on humor.

For #1 Fan, I'll tell you one thing: if Boston ends up not making Shawn Thornton an offer for next year, I REALLY hope the Wings are waiting outside his apartment to get a deal done. He would be perfect for the Winged Wheel. Holland may even go for it because if I recall correctly, Thornton turns 35 this year and we could call it "veteran leadership".

You forgot the most important one:

"You don't like Hudler and Franzen? You are not a true Wings fan, why don't you go root for the Penguins?"

Chicago didn't have one in 2010

Wait, didn't they have both Adam Burish and Ben Eager on the roster that won the cup? Granted neither is, e.g. Steve MacIntyre level, but that's far more beefcake than the Wings currently have.

You forgot the most important one:

"You don't like Hudler and Franzen? You are not a true Wings fan, why don't you go root for the Penguins?"

:lol: I forgot about the Penguins comment.

Exactly who was theirs in 2008? Running from hockeyfights.com...

Downey? Won 7 of 10, but several in close decisions. Lilja? Three, all draws. Drake? Lost 3 of five. McCarty? Zero fighting majors.