• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joesuffP

Where does Bertuzzi fit?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

If the wings pick up a primary top 6 goal scorer and we get more depth where does Bertuzzi fit? On which line does Bertuzzi play assuming Holland picks up all the players you would like to be signed to this team. Is he a good enough 3rd liner on a Stanley Cup winning team... I think a 4th line of Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves would be the perfect 4th line for a stanley cup run... no team could match up against it... Assuming they fall down the depth chart because of signings... but where does Bertuzzi fit in the grand scheme of things? My dream 3rd line would be big, strong, physical with a little scoring touch so we would have different looks on every line... I don't see how Bertuzzi can play on this team if we want to be a strong contender

Dude, get a clue - I am so sick of ppl chirping Bertuzzi. Is he going to put up 60-70 points next year? No, probably not. *But he was tied for 1st on the Wings amd tied for 9th in the NHL this year with a +23 - and that was against the oppositions top lines as he played the majority of the season on the top unit with Franzen and Datsyuk.*

So yeah - I am actually very happy with a guy putting up 40-45 points a year, is incredibly defensibly reliable, is a shootout wizard (tied for 2nd overall in the league with 4 shootout game winners) and is one of the very, very few physical, gritty guys on an obnoxiously soft roster sticking around for another couple years. Especially when his price tag is only 1.8 million a year.

Point your finger at someone besides Bertuzzi. The guy is incredibly valuable anywhere you put him.

YES.

His hockey sense, his vision, his hands, results in a lot of great passes and chances. One reason he still has a job is that he is so versatile he can fit it on lines 1 thru 3. I think he'd do great on a line with Datsyuk and Parise, or Filppula and Z, or Helm and Clears.

If you can keep him out of the penalty box.

Dude, get a clue - I am so sick of ppl chirping Bertuzzi. Is he going to put up 60-70 points next year? No, probably not. *But he was tied for 1st on the Wings amd tied for 9th in the NHL this year with a +23 - and that was against the oppositions top lines as he played the majority of the season on the top unit with Franzen and Datsyuk.*

So yeah - I am actually very happy with a guy putting up 40-45 points a year, is incredibly defensibly reliable, is a shootout wizard (tied for 2nd overall in the league with 4 shootout game winners) and is one of the very, very few physical, gritty guys on an obnoxiously soft roster sticking around for another couple years. Especially when his price tag is only 1.8 million a year.

Point your finger at someone besides Bertuzzi. The guy is incredibly valuable anywhere you put him.

You must be watching a difference team than I was last year because when he was on the ice and not in the box he was the worst forward when it came to defense.He got lucky his line scored alot of even goals.I wish they had not resigned him,he can't skate.

Bertuzzi actually had 38 points this year, so let's call that "35-40 points", not 40-45. And his cap hit is now $2.075M with the new contract. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want Bertuzzi back next year, but the signing may not have been the smartest one... contract done at mid-season, goes for 2 years, and for more money than he had been making... Holland could have waited until this summer and given Bertuzzi a one-year deal for $1.5M to $1.75M. He slowed late in the year and, other than standing up to Weber, wasn't effective in the playoffs.

Incredibly reliable defensively lol