28 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Per Darren Dreger...

Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!

Brodeur has had limited contract discussions with Devils. Could still sign before Sunday, but leaning now toward open market.

Brodeur's deal should have been done long ago. To put him in a position to have to consider free agency is tough for a player of his status.

Interesting that he may be leaning towards leaving Newark. Makes you wonder if Parise would even consider returning if Brodeur isn't there...

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#2 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Would love to see Brodeur in Tampa.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#3 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

I wonder how much he's looking for. He won't get $5.2 mil again. Maybe he's leaning towards retirement.

#4 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Good grab on this, the Star Ledger has nothing on it, it's all about Parise

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,921 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Surprising he wouldn't want to retire with the team he's been a huge part of for so many years. I think this is just trying to see what he's worth.

#6 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Perhaps the Devils money problems forced them to decide between Marty and Parise and chose Parise, leaving Marty to be a FA.

Edited by Wings4Life19, 29 June 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Think he would sign on in Detroit as Howie's backup? Yeah, probably not.

#8 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'd be happy if they'd split time for a season, give whoevers playig better the playoff start..

Also getting Brodeur will make it that much easier to get parise to come here. It's pretty much not gunna happen but an interesting thought nonetheless

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#9 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'd be happy if they'd split time for a season, give whoevers playig better the playoff start..

Also getting Brodeur will make it that much easier to get parise to come here. It's pretty much not gunna happen but an interesting thought nonetheless

It wouldn't surprise me if Holland took a run at Brodeur to bring him here as a 1a 1b situation and let the best goalie win come playoff time. He's definitely done it before when there was the opportunity.

I'm guessing Brodeur would look to go somewhere he'll be the clear starter. Unless he was okay sitting on the bench for half a season after a career of being played into the ground in New Jersey.

#10 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'd like to have Marty for one year as a 1B next to Howard. But I think you're right, he probably wouldn't go for that and with Howard going into a contract year, he probably wouldn't like it either. But that would be a heck of an upgrade over MacDonald. lol

#11 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

I see Toronto jumping on this because they need a 1-2 year solution. Seems like a perfect fit.

#12 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

How would the Devils' faithful react to losing both Zach Parise and Martin Brodeur? He'd probably be pretty upset!

#13 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

It would be strange to see Marty in another uniform. I don't think it will happen.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#14 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I doubt it too, but maybe he knows something we don't. Interesting...to say the least.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#15 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

I really thought that Brodeur would resign, I'm a bit shocked that he's going to try to test the market
IPB Image

#16 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Sundin did the same thing, didn't he?

Brodeur is hands down my favorite goalie of all time, i'd love to see him in a Wings jersey to finish his career. I really really don't see him going to another team though, it's probably gonna be NJ or retirement.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#17 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

He should retire as a Devil.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#18 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Rather have him start and have Howard backup. Sorry Howard.

#19 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I just don't see MB playing for any other team. Nor should he! Strapped for cash or not, they should sign this guy. He should also take a paycut, hes 40 years old and I am sure money is not an issue. Disrespectful to him to not offer/sign him. He's been a Devil his whole career, and should finish it that way. I hate when lifer's jump s*** near the end of their careers and end up stinking it up elsewhere. It tarnishes their legacy in my opinion.

Posted Image

#20 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I just don't see MB playing for any other team. Nor should he! Strapped for cash or not, they should sign this guy. He should also take a paycut, hes 40 years old and I am sure money is not an issue. Disrespectful to him to not offer/sign him. He's been a Devil his whole career, and should finish it that way. I hate when lifer's jump s*** near the end of their careers and end up stinking it up elsewhere. It tarnishes their legacy in my opinion.

Worked out for Luc Robatille

Edit: whoops
Didn't realize he had a brief stint early in his career outside of LA!

Edited by Echolalia, 29 June 2012 - 06:46 PM.