Photo
- - - - -

I need a prayer answered, please.....no toot-toot whistles.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I fear I may lose my mind if people start blowing those damn things at the Joe....

What do you think?

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS, 08 January 2013 - 09:17 PM.

half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#2 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

So to toot or no to toot is the question?  I say if Tootoo brings reason to toot, then toot we shall, for Tootoo.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#3 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Please no. Let's try to continue not doing anything that resembles the Nashville fan base.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#4 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Please no. Let's try to continue not doing anything that resembles the Nashville fan base.

bringit.jpg

#5 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

No no no! Whistle would be as bad as those damn thunder-sticks. Gimmicky, loud, annoying.  I'll stick to my towels, pom-poms, and glow sticks.

aJDFQ.gif

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#6 S.H.M.B.

S.H.M.B.

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

I haven't heard a cowbell in a hockey game in some time. Bring cowbells. And stick the Christopher Walken references up your Bettman's right now.

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm all for the whistles.  Yeah they're a little annoying, but at the same time anything that gets fans into the game I generally support.  So whatever, if the whistle creates a more festive atmosphere then by all means lets do it.  And let's be honest, Wings fans have been watching the team win for so long that they've become fairly stoic anyway, might as well do something to lighten up. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

PLEASE NO!!!!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#9 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm all for the whistles.  Yeah they're a little annoying, but at the same time anything that gets fans into the game I generally support.  So whatever, if the whistle creates a more festive atmosphere then by all means lets do it.  And let's be honest, Wings fans have been watching the team win for so long that they've become fairly stoic anyway, might as well do something to lighten up. 

You implying that Red Wing fans need more reason to cheer?  Just put on "Best of Detroit Rock n Roll", it will liven up a crowd way faster than some dumb whistles.  Are we hockey fans or basketball fans?

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#10 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

First of all, that song is not even made by a Michigan band.  If our anthem was Alice Cooper, Iggy and the Stooges, or the Nuge then maybe I'd be with you on that one.  But Journey?  f*** Journey!

In all seriousness, I'm not saying we have bad fans, but I am saying it takes quite a lot to get them rowdy.  I've been to far too many games where a goal is scored and nobody gets out of their seats.  It's just a very matter of fact applause and on to the next one.  Nothing wrong with it, but I have to admit I like watching games where the fans are in a fever you know?  I used to live in DC, and while the Caps sucked balls, it was fun as hell to watch a game because the fans were going nuts.  A little of that wouldn't hurt.

For the record, Iggy Pop's "Search and Destroy" should be the Red Wings' song.  That's pure Michigan and pure badass!

Edited by kipwinger, 08 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#11 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I was initially against the idea but you make a good point.  If whistles liven up the fanbase and help bring passion back into the stands then I can't be against them.

#12 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

I won't lie... if he scored a goal, an assist, or made a big hit... heck, who am I kidding... even if he skated on the ice... if I had a big fat whistle in my hands I'd be tempted to blow it!!

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#13 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

What HockeyMatters said. Amen.

#14 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Too much alcohol will make some people do really, really, stupid things.

You want originality? Throw out a beluga whale.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#15 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Ever since Kenny signed him, I've been hoping that tradition wouldn't carry over to Detroit. It was the single most obnoxious thing whenever Detroit played in Nashville.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#16 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'd like to see Al Sobotka grab a beluga whale by the tail and swing it around.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#17 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

As long as there are a few enforcers in the crowd instructed to shove those whistles up any open orifice of the offending whistle blowers, then hell, I'm all for that. :glare:

#18 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

The only way those whistles will make the atmosphere festive is the applause generated by someone pummeling whoever is blowing said whistles.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#19 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have never been to a game at the Joe and probably never will.....SO BLOW AWAY!!!!! hahahahaha

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 09 January 2013 - 09:43 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#20 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I think Tootoo is very quickly going to become a fan favorite. One of those guys you love on your team but hate to play against.