I'm sure someone will be along soon enough with the end of season grades, but in the meantime, here's your chance to vote for your MVP.
Now, before you all rush off and vote for Nyquist, let me remind you of two things. One, the season began in October, not after the Winter Olympics. Two, a win in October is worth 2 points, just like a win in March.
Right, onto the options
1) Daniel Alfredsson. 68GP, 18-31-49, +2. Joint top scorer.
2) Niklas Kronwall. 79GP, 8-41-49, Even. Joint top scorer, 10th in league scoring by defenceman.
3) Gustav Nyquist. 57GP, 28-20-48, +16
4) Henrik Zetterberg. 45GP, 16-32-48, +19. 2nd in league scoring before his back issues first flared up.
5) Jimmy Howard. 21-19-11, 2.66 GAA, 0.910 SV%
6) Jonas Gustavsson. 16-5-4, 2.63 GAA, 0.907 SV%
Now obviously Nyquist is going to be the popular vote for what he did down the stretch, but we have to remember that Zetterberg was in beast mode before Christmas. Remember when he (with Z and Alfie) was our only offence, and if they didn't have 3 point nights, we didn't win?
However, for me, the MVP has to be Kronwall. Through all the injuries to the captain, and every other Alternate to boot, he has become the de facto leader of this team. In the locker room, in front of the media, and on the ice, Kronner has been front and center. He's had a great year offensively, and for all the hate about his defensive play was still even.