• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

1,817 posts in this topic

Just throwing it out there, I find it pretty hilarious that we seem to be the only team where none of our free agents have generated even the slightest bit of interest from other teams. Shows how desirable our players are.

Cleary

Bertuzzi

Tootoo

Samuelsson

Quincey

Not the subject of any buzz whatsoever, outside resigning in Detroit.

Edited by ShanahanMan
yztheman likes this

Ott strikes gold and signs a 2-year, 5.2 mil extension with St. Louis.

:shocking:

Edited by ShanahanMan

Just throwing it out there, I find it pretty hilarious that we seem to be the only team where none of our free agents have generated even the slightest bit of interest from other teams. Shows how desirable our players are.

Cleary

Bertuzzi

Tootoo

Samuelsson

Quincey

Not the subject of any buzz whatsoever, outside resigning in Detroit.

cleary, sammy, & bert are all old and washed up. no one wants them.

toots being sent down to GR on a very injured red wings squad probably hurt his reputation a bit..

and quincey... well, we dont need to get started there.

they're just not quality free agents and i'm glad most of them are gone. I don't think it has anything to do with the wings.. except maybe in tootoo's case as babs didnt really give him a chance for much past staged fights. I think he'll get picked up somewhere else though.... certainly has the best chance after quincey anyway.

cleary, sammy, & bert are all old and washed up. no one wants them.

toots being sent down to GR on a very injured red wings squad probably hurt his reputation a bit..

and quincey... well, we dont need to get started there.

they're just not quality free agents and i'm glad most of them are gone. I don't think it has anything to do with the wings.. except maybe in tootoo's case as babs didnt really give him a chance for much past staged fights. I think he'll get picked up somewhere else though.... certainly has the best chance after quincey anyway.

Yeah that's pretty much my point. These guys that the Wings had locked up in our system are pretty much garbage in the eyes of other teams.

I also think if Miller hit the market, he would be a late summer signing at best.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Yeah that's pretty much my point. These guys that the Wings had locked up in our system are pretty much garbage in the eyes of other teams.

I also think if Miller hit the market, he would be a late summer signing at best.

nill would take him :ninja:

Ott strikes gold and signs a 2-year, 5.2 mil extension with St. Louis.

:shocking:

That's the total contract value though, so it's only $2.6 mill a year.

If Tootoo was worth 1.9 million 2 years ago, Ott is definitely worth 2.6 that now.

Did Holland not want him or did he not want to come here?

Would've loved the chance at Heatley for $1M...makes you shake your head even more at the #kfq $4.25M...

Ducks look good this season...remember when we got the guy on a discount for one season all the time because we were always favorites? Ahhh...the good ol' days!

Wouldn't mind giving Stempniak a contract instead of Cleary, hell I'd rather have Penner than Cleary. Funny thing is Cleary will get MORE than Heatley....and that there, my friends, is LAUGHABLE.

You were right, I should never underestimate Holland's stupidity. Maybe i just like to live in a nieve little world where the wings are still winning cups and Chicago still sucks...

Vladimir Sobotka leaves the Blues for the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/vladimir-sobotka-leaves-blues-for-khl--maligned-steve-ott-back-as-plan-b-162438546.html

Also, Scott Hannan re-signed with the Sharks.

sobotka going for the KHL is really doing a disservice for any other Russians who want to play in the nhl. who's going to want to keep drafting Russians when they could bolt for the khl

sobotka going for the KHL is really doing a disservice for any other Russians who want to play in the nhl. who's going to want to keep drafting Russians when they could bolt for the khl

Not really is just him though. But can you blame them? Going back to their home country to be paid just as if not more handsomely?

Tampa Bay signs veteran forward, Brenden Morrow to a one year deal at $1.55M.

The same Brenden Morrow that had 19 goals and 39 pts. last year?

If memory serves me correct, Sobotka is Czech. I think with Stastny signing there, he realized he'd be the fourth line centre.

If memory serves me correct, Sobotka is Czech. I think with Stastny signing there, he realized he'd be the fourth line centre.

according to his agent, he wanted a one year deal at 3 mill... the blues offered him two years at that or one year at 2.7 mill.

sounds pretty selfish to me

source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/difference-between-sobotka-and-blues-was-300000-says-agent/

also, sounds like a lot to pay for a guy you'd think would be a fourth line center.. but that possibility could've easily factored into his decision.

according to his agent, he wanted a one year deal at 3 mill... the blues offered him two years at that or one year at 2.7 mill.

sounds pretty selfish to me

source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/difference-between-sobotka-and-blues-was-300000-says-agent/

I read the first part and thought you were talking about Cleary and almost spit my coffee out.

Edited by ShanahanMan
amato likes this

I read the first part and thought you were talking about Cleary and almost spit my coffee out.

i mean, why not just give cleary 3 mill at this point.... ugh. I really wanted to wake up this morning and have the cleary nightmare be over but it's just too real