• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Wings sign Brad Richards 1 yr, $3 million

Rate this topic

Oh no! I never thought of that. I'm a Feds lover and I don't want to see that. Maybe he could just choose one of the numbers around that like 90....oh wait.

So what # would you rather see retired, 91 for Feds or 90 just so no FA signing ever has to wear 90 in Detroit again?

The Richards signing kind of confuses me. I'm not sure what he brings to the table that we don't already have. I guess he is center depth but we already have so many third-line caliber centers. We already had veteran presence but I guess they felt we needed a bit more.

The Richards signing kind of confuses me. I'm not sure what he brings to the table that we don't already have. I guess he is center depth but we already have so many third-line caliber centers. We already had veteran presence but I guess they felt we needed a bit more.

Nobody knows when Pasha will be back and it's really a low risk, high reward signing.

Well with Richards on board, that makes 14 forwards (with Franzen still being hurt)

Tatar-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Nyquist-Richards-Zetterberg

Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

Miller-Glendening-Helm

Andersson/Ferraro

Callahan may beat out Ferraro, unless there is a trade upcoming to make room. I am not so sure Ferraro would clear waivers again, I am not even sure Callahan would either.

One year deal, whatever. If it works out he could help out when D or Z eventually miss some games. If he doesn't they can just bury him like Weiss. If this is the worst signing of the offseason I'm okay with it. If only it was Brad from 4 seasons ago...

I recovered. I was personally getting angry that a lot of teams were getting better and it seemed we were just going to go with the kids. I was really angry that Pit got better, but with our two signings, I do believe we got significantly better than we were last season. ESPECIALLY if the roster is filled out by the kids and not Franzen and Cleary. Still a log jam all over, but could be very good for us! The streak will live for sure and maybe even more!

We'll also have Mrazek here all season stealing Jimmy's job and Jimmy (hopefully) staying focused because he knows if he slips, his job is gone. Win win for us!

Better forwards, better D, better goalie situation....(plus a Jack Adams finalist behind the bench! (Hey, I see it happening!))

They were saying Z slots in as #1...I donno about that. I bet Pav stays as the #1 C.

They were probably were referring to the start of the season if Pav stays out.

Huge middle finger to Weiss. Funny in a way.

It's sad at the same time because Weiss is a great guy in general. Oh well, gluck to him.

Looks like Kenny is trying to give his new coach the best chance. I think he and babs had been in agreement to just make the playoffs and let babs go when his contract expired. He was good at first but Kenny is insistent on the youth movement and a fresh coach with that too. Definitely seems like too much of a coincidence.

I don't think it works that way lol. Kenny made it blatantly clear he wanted Babs to stay at 4 mill. Babs and Kenny wouldn't be discussing contracts the night before and basically the day of Babs decision to go to Toronto. Not to mention both sides families wouldn't have been involved if it was a mutual agreement to leave from the get go. No reason to be all the dramatic with the wives and kids just to have said "oh yea get to the playoffs and book it in a few months"

Looks like Z won't spend any time at center anymore

Thank god. He can play his damn original position now. Left Wing. Hope he goes back to some goal scoring, 25-30 goals from him in the season doesn't seem far fetched now. This will work great for his longevity and eventual conditioning in the playoffs.

I was shocked, but happy with this signing. Very low risk with it being only 1 year. Essentially he is coming in to play the role that Weiss was supposed to play, 2nd line center. I like that this move allows Zetterberg to play on the first line with Datsyuk, and that it puts Sheahan on the third line, a role that I think he will thrive in at this point in his career.