• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Ferraro on waivers

Rate this topic

I think Turgeon actually has the potential to be a really good third line center some day. He reminds me a lot of Sheahan actually. Big, solid two way center, that plays a very sound defensive game (complete opposite of his old man...) From what I've seen, he's got some decent wheels too. He's off to a great start this season in Portland, which is to be expected as a 19 year old still playing junior hockey.

Would have liked to keep Ferraro around or at the very least down in Grand Rapids, but good luck in Boston. Hopefully he can lock down a full time roster spot.

Really never enjoyed seeing him on the team. I was hoping Holland would package some of these non-producers in a trade but guess that was asking too much.

Packing up 5 non-producers won't bring in anyone worth getting. They are non-producers for a reason. Every team can get 5 4th line plugs from their AHL affiliates.

Would you be willing to trade a new car for 5 rusted out pieces of crap that don't run?

A lot of crap is still crap. Adding more crap to it doesn't make it valuable.

lol exactly. Don't understand how so many people seem to think you can trade a whole ton of crap for something good.

Logic:

If Ferarro = 2

Pulkinnen = 6

Kindl = 4

3rd pick = 3

And Toews = 15

Well that's just fair for everyone!

Holland isn't completely stupid. If someone would have offered him a pick for Ferarro he wouldve taken it. He probably got claimed solely on the fact that he was a Red Wings 2nd round pick

Edited by WingsallTheway

My point in the Miller-Thread (why was that one deleted, btw?) get's stretched on WIIM, too:

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/12/2/9830650/the-glendending-draws-near

Yup..same for Drew and Luke...we should've kept Ferraro...

Because the person that started the thread and waved the flag for 8 pages declared his love Miller, Seinfeld style. Flippant or not, I'm guessing that signaled that it was time to end the follishness.

As to your point on Ferraro, Holland just said yesterday that Blashill wants to win, not develop players. Which is why for now, Miller and Glendenning get to play and Ferraro (who might improve with more development in the NHL) was waived.

Here's Holland's interview:

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/ken-holland-addresses-the-red-wings-2015-16-season-process-on-the-fan-590?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

My point in the Miller-Thread (why was that one deleted, btw?) get's stretched on WIIM, too:

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/12/2/9830650/the-glendending-draws-near

Yup..same for Drew and Luke...we should've kept Ferraro...

Ferraro did nothing to show he should have been kept.

Nahhhh. I like a good debate, but I could tell my points got through. So it was a good time to stop.

Through, huh? Okay... Sure. Fair enough. Hope mine got through too? At least enough for you to lay off slagging Miller for dubious reasons. Hatchet buried... ?

On the Ferraro front... He's doing well in Boston and good for him.

Edited by e_prime

Through, huh? Okay... Sure. Fair enough. Hope mine got through too? At least enough for you to lay off slagging Miller for dubious reasons. Hatchet buried... ?

On the Ferraro front... He's doing well in Boston and good for him.

Yah. You made a lot od good points.

I wish Ferraro had been given a better chance here.

Certainly. I guess I would have preferred Andy waived over Ferraro. In my eyes both are replaceable pieces until they proved otherwise and Andersson had his looks, time to make with the new.

For the most part Boston with Julien as coach plays a simply 'north-south' game of dump, and chase...Guys like Ferraro didn't seem to have the skills for Detroit, but will do fine in Boston.

Well Boston used to be one of the most entertaining teams in the league but with the loss of Looch and Thornton that's sadly gone. This team could have been a contender for years to come if they didn't trade away their future in Seguin, Hamilton. Looch was the face of that franchise.

Don't know if the system is simple or not it seems to be a good fit for Ferraro and I for one like that.

Edited by frankgrimes

Well Boston used to be one of the most entertaining teams in the league but with the loss of Looch and Thornton that's sadly gone. This team could have been a contender for years to come if they didn't trade away their future in Seguin, Hamilton and Kessel. Looch was the face of that franchise.

Don't know if the system is simple or not it seems to be a good fit for Ferraro and I for one like that.

Lucic was not the face of any franchise. Kessel trade turned into Seguin.

They made many other bad moves before trading Hamilton and Lucic.