• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Post Epic Meltdown - er, Post Game Discussion

Rate this topic

Imagine thinking Zetterberg would help a team score with 30 seconds left.... Not much difference between him and andersson at this point of their careers.... Him getting all our #1 centre ice time and PP time makes the wings a worse team. He isn't even close to being a gifted offensive player anymore

The biggest problem we're having right now, in my opinion, is that we're not playing to our team's strengths. The strength of this team is its speed - we're one of the fastest teams in the NHL - and yet, towards the end of the season, the coaching staff leaned harder and harder on the slowest players because of an intangible that never materialized. I would be ecstatic if Blashill just said "screw it" and played the kids all postseason. Not only would it be better for our long term development, but I think it would give us a better chance of winning.

All that said, I think Blashill has done a good enough job in his first season. We barely made it last year with one of the better coaches in the entire NHL; for him to repeat that job is no small feat. I just hope he learns a lot from the mess that was this season.

Edited by Aethernum

Tampa is beatable but you can't win in the playoffs with 10 forwards. Somehow we have to figure out which one of Mantha, Jurco and Andersson to not only dress but give decent minutes to. (And AA also needs way more minutes.) If it's Mantha, he needs to go back to a top line, which presumably means moving Helm or Richards down. Probably Helm since Helm/Glendening/Athanasiou is a group that could play legitimate minutes.

Just put Mantha and Smith back in, and play AA a bit more. Please Blash.

They are considered defensive liabilities. I'm not sure I agree, but their absence sure tells the coaching staff thinks so.

This would be the smart thing to role in playoffs

Larkin-datsyuk-Z

Tatar-sheahan-Abby

Mantha-AA-Nyquist

Helm-glenny-Richards

Anyone else have there input on what should be going on?

Look at your left wing.

Larks

Tatar

Mantha

Helm

Except possibly for Helm they are all suspect defensively. Any coach in the playoffs would overload that side. Over 4 games you are cooked.

This would be the smart thing to role in playoffs

Larkin-datsyuk-Z

Tatar-sheahan-Abby

Mantha-AA-Nyquist

Helm-glenny-Richards

Anyone else have there input on what should be going on?

Those are good lines. Zetterberg needs Datsyuk to carry him. Abby would hopefully rub off on Sheahan and make him play tougher. However, the third line would be weak defensively and few coaches would be willing to have such a one sided line.

Nyquist is useless as a 4th liner, but he's been so poor recently that he doesn't deserve more minutes. I'd put Glendenning on that line with AA and Mantha. Nyquist I'd play on the 4th line.

Look at your left wing.

Larks

Tatar

Mantha

Helm

Except possibly for Helm they are all suspect defensively. Any coach in the playoffs would overload that side. Over 4 games you are cooked.

That's a good point, but no matter how you slice the lines, we have too many weaknesses in one form or another.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Mantha and Smith have to play. It's that simple.

Abs-hank-larkin

Richards-dats-mantha

Tats-sheahan-goose

Aa-disney.com-helm

Kronwall-smith

Dk-q

Green-e/Marchenko

AA and Mantha also need far more icetime. It's no coincidence that our powerplay has come alive with Mantha and died without him.

Edited by marcaractac

Nothing will be more hilarious than Philly choking and Boston still getting into playoffs.

especially since a few weeks ago philly fans were saying we would be out

Edited by sjr2012