• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Flyers 4 (OT)

6 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

We lost to reffing but also bad coaching. We had full puck possession in ot til dekeyser came out and just gave philly the puck. He is so bad this year. A shame kenny invested so much into him. Im wondering why the nhl even has video review when it cant even get calls like that correct though.

What play did you watch? Helm held the puck too long had it knocked off his stick creating the 2 on 1.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What play did you watch? Helm held the puck too long had it knocked off his stick creating the 2 on 1.

I don't blame Helm. Blashill made the dumb decision to have a guy who was 20% on faceoffs tonight take the most important faceoff of the game which eventually led to the game tying goal.

I mean I get it, Glendog adds a defensive role that Blashil values, but holy s*** put someone who wasn't struggling on the faceoff circle and have him on winger position.  

Nielsen was 57% on FO, Zetterberg 50% , Glendening 20%. Someone please explain to my why Glendening was told to take that faceoff. Anyone?

Edited by kickazz

This was a game that the Flyers dominated, and they won the game. Nothing more to that.

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Imagine if Howard was in net and gave up the lead and got scored on in overtime :lol:

Imagine if Howard actually played like an above average goaltender at any point since 2013-14.

The loss goes to horrible non calls. But you still have to make plays. Helm was one on the goalie and looked for the ***** foot pass when he should've shot it. Poor decision, especially in OT. Given my disdain for Helm, I'm surprised I'm not more mad at him than I am. Probably because the refs blew the game to begin with...

5 minutes ago, roboturner said:

I don't have to imagine it. I'm sure it's happened a number of times

It's starting to happen a lot more now that we have 2 of a kind. 

Call Coreau up :tounge:

------

Well I was hoping we were gonna win in Philly, oh well, next time. At least we got a point. I'll take it. 

Edited by kickazz

1) Why is Ericcson out there.  Ridiculous up the middle pass and turnover lead the their 2nd goal.  Why can't Ericcson sit and play Sproul and Ouellette.

2) So on a 6 on 5 you put Glenny on the draw and have Miller and Ericcson out there...Jeesh this is who we have out there at that time!  Just put your most skilled guys out there so they can get the puck and race down the ice.  So annoying.  Instead we sit back and wait for mayhem to occur in front of the net.

3) Helm just rip it...we played ice capades with the puck the entire overtime and never just get to the net and finish.

This whole thing is so frustrating...the whole thing...the Kenny Holland nonsense and his compromising, loyal, veteran-loving attitude, sit on his hands, kick the tires, playoff streaking, overpaying average, overpaying players way past their prime, over investing in a bunch of smurfy forwards, underinvesting in sized D men and wingers clown show.

And then our annoying coaching with their 4th line, grind line, non-scoring line, hiding AA, playing Ericcson routine.

And finally our players who seem to not have a killer instinct (Helm).

Waste of my time watching this.

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I don't blame Helm. Blashill made the dumb decision to have a guy who was 20% on faceoffs tonight take the most important faceoff of the game which eventually led to the game tying goal.

I mean I get it, Glendog adds a defensive role that Blashil values, but holy s*** put someone who wasn't struggling on the faceoff circle and have him on winger position.  

Nielsen was 57% on FO, Zetterberg 50% , Glendening 20%. Someone please explain to my why Glendening was told to take that faceoff. Anyone?

Jeff hasn't made many good decisions since he took off his glasses. I wonder if he can even see whats happening on the ice?

A minute to play. Up by one. D-zone faceoff. Flyers haved pulled their goalie and put their big guns on the ice.

Who do we put out? Four of our five are Glendening and Miller and Ericsson and Marchenko.

1330581329055_6705920.png

It's one thing to be a mediocre/bad team. It's another thing to be a mediocre/bad team that is run by people who consistently make poor, self-defeating decisions.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Who jinxed the Cubs earlier? Someone said "on the night they win..." I hate Cleveland sports teams. I seriously hope they do not win.

i agree they jinxed both times our win and the cubs :evil:

Anyone blaming mrazek tonight knows nothing about hockey. No way should he not get the next start. He was solid tonight. Not his fault he was prevented from making the save on the 3rd goal. This loss is the league and then coaching. Blash has zero handle on this team and how to utilize his forwards and dman. I would love to see ron wilson coaching these forwards.

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Zetterberg scores on the same night the Cubs win the World Series.  

The world is falling apart as we know it, folks.

It was you....!!! Lol

Just now, LeftWinger said:

I didn't say it.

I know, I'm agreeing with you lol sorry for the confusion. Trying to have fun on this s***ty night of sports now.