• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/11 GDT : Flyers 1 at Red Wings 0 (OT)

2 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

This is an entirely winnable game.  It would be so frustrating if the Wings continued to not give Jimmy any offensive support and spoil this game, especially considering how desparate the Wings are for points in the league

I was close to posting something very similar. Jimmy has earned this win, it sucks that there's a goose egg up there after the fantastic effort he's put forward. All season he's given us every single chance to win every game, and they keep failing to put up offense. Vanek and AA need to be in the top 6. Make a Tatar Sheahan Nyquist 3rd line and a Glendening Ott Jurco 4th. 

What's going out on the ice right now isn't working, goals aren't being scored, it needs to change. Get Sproul back in the lineup and on the PP launching rockets from the point and getting those rebound opportunities. All Lashoff is doing is fumbling with the puck and shooting wide. 

After 3 minutes of never possessing the puck, Larkin promptly turns the puck over as soon as he gets it.  Every skater sucked balls tonight for hanging Howard out to dry and failing miserably to score on a backup goaltender.

Edited by barabbas16

There are so many clear problems with this team. For me, the biggest one is coaching. Blashill has to go. It is the same thing, over and over again. If I had to hear anymore about process tonight I think I was going to throw my remote at the tv. This team has no process and continues to get no results. Luke Freakin Glendening continues to play on the 2nd line even though he totally sucks. Blashill has no hand on this team and he needs to go.

The 2nd biggest problem is defense. I cannot count how many times our dmen have an easy pass to make, only to not be able to do so, and then we are stuck in our own end longer and get tired. Kenny needs to do something to address this. And Sproul needs to play because he can move the freakin puck unlike Dekeyser, Lashoff. 

So we need better dmen, and we need a coach who can actually do his job. With any other coach I bet Tatar and Nyquist score a lot more goals like they were doing when Babs was still here. 

Vets and young guys were both bad in this one. Decent effort defensively. Nobody stood out for the wings except Jimmy. Our rookies aren't that good and the vets can't carry this team offensively and defensively. Asking for more out of the young guys. Tatar and Nyquist are lost causes I've completely accepted that they are ineffective in all areas of the game