• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/11 GDT : Flyers 1 at Red Wings 0 (OT)

11 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I was close to posting something very similar. Jimmy has earned this win, it sucks that there's a goose egg up there after the fantastic effort he's put forward. All season he's given us every single chance to win every game, and they keep failing to put up offense. Vanek and AA need to be in the top 6. Make a Tatar Sheahan Nyquist 3rd line and a Glendening Ott Jurco 4th. 

What's going out on the ice right now isn't working, goals aren't being scored, it needs to change. Get Sproul back in the lineup and on the PP launching rockets from the point and getting those rebound opportunities. All Lashoff is doing is fumbling with the puck and shooting wide. 

I think getting Sproul back in is at least a start but the way the entire team is playing on the ice right now just isn't working, and line shuffles and changing up who's scratched isn't going to solve the problem.  Something fundamental needs to change, because this level of consistent underperformance is ridiculous.  Nyquist on pace for 12 goals this season.  Tatar on pace for 12 goals this season.  Larkin is on pace for 32 points this season.  Sheahan has yet to score a goal and has only 5 assists.  These are abysmal numbers.  Blashill needs to wake up and learn how to get our team rolling, or Holland needs to cut ties with him and find someone who does.

2 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

I think getting Sproul back in is at least a start but the way the entire team is playing on the ice right now just isn't working, and line shuffles and changing up who's scratched isn't going to solve the problem.  Something fundamental needs to change, because this level of consistent underperformance is ridiculous.  Nyquist on pace for 12 goals this season.  Tatar on pace for 12 goals this season.  Larkin is on pace for 32 points this season.  Sheahan has yet to score a goal and has only 5 assists.  These are abysmal numbers.  Blashill needs to wake up and learn how to get our team rolling, or Holland needs to cut ties with him and find someone who does.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

More of that sweet sweet goal support for Howard

I missed this game, but it looks like Howard is becoming the Verlander of the Red Wings in terms of support from the rest of the team.

Sorry but hose blaming the D are wrong. Our D did a decent job of moving the puck to the F's all game. It was the F's that time and time again took shots from 25+ FT away that were easily blocked. Philly had 9 blocks tonight-a ton. That is all on the F's. Tatar and Nyquist are both shooting under 8%-that is on them, not the Dmen. Defensively we are a mid pack team. Offensively we were 27th last I looked with a worse PP. That is all on the F's. They have to score.

This is where this team has me. I 100% honestly didn't even know they played today. I was busy so I wasn't on here, then came here and realized they played today. I honestly don't care that I missed it, or that I didn't even know they were on. Pathetic. Thanks Holland. 

we're getting shut out so much this year. Howard is probably playing as good as he ever has and this is what he gets. It's cool though we're on pace for like 85 points this year - so we'll be well out of the playoff picture. 

5 hours ago, kylee said:

we're getting shut out so much this year. Howard is probably playing as good as he ever has and this is what he gets. It's cool though we're on pace for like 85 points this year - so we'll be well out of the playoff picture. 

Wow I am surprised it's that many points...

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Not wanting to bring this about on a Monday morning, but history has shown most teams that are not in the top 8 of their respective conference at the end of the US Thanksgiving weekend aren't likely to make the playoffs come spring.

The Wings have been sitting in 9th thru 12th pretty much the entire season...I honestly don't think that'll change.

I wish Holland would realize this so they can at least get a good first rounder out of it. 

38 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Not wanting to bring this about on a Monday morning, but history has shown most teams that are not in the top 8 of their respective conference at the end of the US Thanksgiving weekend aren't likely to make the playoffs come spring.

The Wings have been sitting in 9th thru 12th pretty much the entire season...I honestly don't think that'll change.

It wont change unless something with the team changes.  

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah that's a stat Ken and Mickey love to bring up every year the last several years. I just wish we would trade either Tatar and/or Nyquist just to shake things up - having guys in their primes and having this little production when you're supposed to be the goal scorers is unacceptable. It's also not a trend anymore - this is going is now towards 1.5 years with those two. 

I agree with Kylee. At this point a major shake-up is needed to change the way this team is playing. I don't want, nor need to hear AGAIN from Holland, or anyone, how we'll be ok once we are healthy. Having Helm and Abby back won't change a damn thing. I'm not saying we need to package multiple players for a sniper or #1 D, we need to get rid if players who just aren't performing. Nyquist, Tatar, Kronwall, Ericsson, none of them deserve to wear the Sweater. Sadly, the only one tradable is Tatar because the others make too much money. But we need to dump a couple just for a pick or two. Show the team how serious this situation is. 

If not, then Holland and Blashill need to be let go and the new regime can build from our young foundation.

The difference now from 25 years ago is back then you saw where the team was headed. Today you still see where it's headed, but it's not in the same direction...and it's not good. Our rising stars need to play the most. Enough of this coddle the mediocre vet or have a piano mover on every line. If you're playing well, you get top minutes.

18 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

More of that sweet sweet goal support for Howard

0.972 sv%, 2-2 SH, 7-7 PP, 35-36 overall. That kind of goal tending usually wins you games - LOTS OF GAMES.

0.945 and 1.68 on the season. Yuuuuuuuuuuge, tremendous numbers. 

Still won't win you many with this team tho. Lucky Jimmy.

Edited by FireCaptain

17 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

So the highest salaried team in the NHL couldn't put one goal in net during regulation.  Jimmy played good but he can't score.  

NHL_Cap.jpg

NHL_Cap_B.jpg

I always forget how the cap works and this is what messes me up^ I think Capfriendly is more reliable right?

Edited by NerveDamage

At this point it is what it is. Holland has no choice but to rebuild on the fly. No team is going to take the vets and The fans don't want to trade the young guys. Vets are too old and inconsistent and young guys are too young and inconsistent mixed with a few disappointing busts. Drafting is the most to blame imo