• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/13 GDT : Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 1

38 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Howard has been great this season overall while Mrazek has played great but has had some troubles too, but you always need to get your starter going again regardless of how his backup is playing. Blash is always too quick to turn to Howard  Mrazek was  playing great for the last 5 games, has a bad game, then Howard gets the next start. Doesn't make much sense, but most of what Blash does doesn't make sense. After tonight I figure Mrazek will be back in next game, cause that's how Blash rolls. 

That problem chaps, is that you're still assuming Mrazek is the guaranteed starter for this team and that Howard is for sure the backup. We actually don't know what's going on in Blashill's head. He could very well be back in the "Tandem" phase for the year with his goalies. 

Edited by kickazz

Perhaps every established player on the Wings is really just showing their 'true-selves' and Blashill taking over is just a coincidence. But what does Holland have to lose at this point? Losing Blashill is no loss really. Best case scenario the Wings get a boost and play to their supposed potential. Worst case they find out the players are bad no matter who coaches them and they continue the way they've played all season.

Maybe they like having Blashill just to sustain these down years and Holland doesn't care about the playoff streak? If the ultimate goal is the playoffs then Blashill will be the first to go and soon

I just hope whoever is in charge of the Wings now is watching and seeing all those empty seats. If you want to fill the new building do whats right clean house and start a rebuild. If I were Mr. I I would be furious, this team has the highest salary in the league, a GM who only interviewed one guy for the coaching job and no real vision, somethings gotta give here.

People can claim the players should be better but I honestly don't see it almosat everyone has to play over their capabilities because there just isn't an elite veteran or elite player at all. Meanwhile other fanbases get to enjoy McJesus, Eichel, Matthews and  michiganboy Werenski. Losing against Columbus and Arizona at home that's just unacceptable.

Edited by frankgrimes

46 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

I just hope whoever is in charge of the Wings now is watching and seeing all those empty seats. If you want to fill the new building do whats right clean house and start a rebuild. If I were Mr. I I would be furious, this team has the highest salary in the league, a GM who only interviewed one guy for the coaching job and no real vision, somethings gotta give here.

People can claim the players should be better but I honestly don't see it almosat everyone has to play over their capabilities because there just isn't an elite veteran or elite player at all. Meanwhile other fanbases get to enjoy McJesus, Eichel, Matthews and  michiganboy Werenski. Losing against Columbus and Arizona at home that's just unacceptable.

Are you under the impression that Columbus is a bad team? I'm not trying to sound like an ass here, but you do realize that teams can be good without having a media darling right? Columbus is 2 points out of being tied for #1 in the NHL 

Also, I was at the Joe tonight, and it was pretty full. Sure there were empty seats, but most were in the corporate sections, that means someone paid for them but never showed up. As long as the Wings are getting paid I dont think Ilitch cares that much if fans don't all show up to a random Tuesday night game against Arizona.

57 minutes ago, Firsov said:

This teams need Ralph Krueger ASAP.
Highly motivational coach who never got a real chance in EDM.
At least he makes players believe in themselves…

I don't think motivation is the main problem when you look at the lineup card. But yes I would replace him. After Holland.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Are you under the impression that Columbus is a bad team? I'm not trying to sound like an ass here, but you do realize that teams can be good without having a media darling right? Columbus is 2 points out of being tied for #1 in the NHL 

Also, I was at the Joe tonight, and it was pretty full. Sure there were empty seats, but most were in the corporate sections, that means someone paid for them but never showed up. As long as the Wings are getting paid I dont think Ilitch cares that much if fans don't all show up to a random Tuesday night game against Arizona.

Somebody needs to send daily reminders to Frank that Columbus is in fact, a top 10 calibre team. This ain't 2009 anymore, Columbus was actually favored in Detroit for the first time in history last week.

Edited by shocky2002

4 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

I don't think motivation is the main problem when you look at the lineup card. But yes I would replace him. After Holland.

I think motivation is a part of it. The way we played that 1st period yesterday was absolutely embarrassing. They were lack luster, and looked like they didn't want to be there at all. For the most part, that is on the coach (and captains) on how the team gets ready for the game. Bench Tatar or something, to light a fire or at least a spark to somehow inspire this team. The good thing is that we are still only 4 pts out of 2nd in our division, but we will easily be in last with this type of effort every night.

7 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

1. "Empty seats" are bought by corporations. All the tickets are sold out. It's always a 100% sell out crowd. Illitch has nothing to worry about.

2. Columbus is one of the best teams in the league.

Conclusion - You don't watch hockey anymore or understand Red Wing sales (supposedly a team you cheer for lol)

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

1. "Empty seats" are bought by corporations. All the tickets are sold out. It's always a 100% sell out crowd. Illitch has nothing to worry about.

2. Columbus is one of the best teams in the league.

Conclusion - You don't watch hockey anymore or understand Red Wing sales (supposedly a team you cheer for lol)

What is this Hockey you speak of?

I'm with kliq here. I blame much of our problems on system and coaching. Far to defensive, far to cautious. They are forced to play the defensive first, work and grind style for years know and it shows.

Columbus is a great example. Just take a look what Tortorella did with them. They are playing a highly effective, high risk fast playing style and are successful with it. Torts of all coaches! I always regarded Blash a much more competent coach but right now I'm not so sure.

Edited by derblaueClaus

9 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As usual - was listening to Sirius radio this morning while driving the rug rats to school, and running errands.

They talked to Helene St.James, and mentioned how Blashill looks/talks/acts/coaches like Babcock...Me thinks the message has gotten stale...Time for someone new behind the bench, and preferably someone not associated with this organization. 

Bring Yzerman and Gallant home 

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

That problem chaps, is that you're still assuming Mrazek is the guaranteed starter for this team and that Howard is for sure the backup. We actually don't know what's going on in Blashill's head. He could very well be back in the "Tandem" phase for the year with his goalies. 

True, he could be back to running a tandem system now. I know Holland said Mrazek was the starter going forward this summer, but I don't remember if Blash agreed with that or not, or if he even commented.

I think those empty seats area cause for concern.  Even if the corporations own them it likely means they cant even give them away.  People can very quickly find something to do besides watch a boring hockey team.  We need a defenseman all right but we cant score goals either.  Is it the players or the system they are told to play?  We used to outshoot the other team more often than not.  Now it seems to be a struggle to get a shot on net.  Last night we almost outshot them 2-1 and we still get just one goal.   Our skill players aren't getting it done.  Something has to change and Blashill is the start.

3 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr he just doesn't get it.

I like the top line.
Line 2 is crap.
I actually like the 3rd line despite the lack of production from all 3 of them. Hoping playing together will spark all 3.
4th line is decent, but AA should swap positions with Glen-Dog.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

True, he could be back to running a tandem system now. I know Holland said Mrazek was the starter going forward this summer, but I don't remember if Blash agreed with that or not, or if he even commented.

Well even when Holland said Petr is the #1 guy but he also specifically said that he doesn't want/ expect Mrazek to play 70 games. I don't think Blashill ever said Mrazek is the starter, I could be wrong though.

I think the whole "Mrazek is #1 and should play 70 games" is something people here at LGW.com made up and/or fantasized. No where did they say Mrazek is the definite number 1 AND will play an overwhelming majority of games. I think they just teased the idea that he's the number 1 moving forward. I believe Jimmy Howard was the only other one who confirmed this. 

Unless I have my story mixed up. 

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr he just doesn't get it.

As long as Glendening, Ott and Miller are on the 4th line I don't really care how he mixes up the other 9. Throw them in a hat for all I care.  No one on this team can score. Once Helm and Abby are back any combo of the 2 of those 4th liners should sit but you know it will be Mantha and AA in the press box.  

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Well even when Holland said Petr is the #1 guy but he also specifically said that he doesn't want/ expect Mrazek to play 70 games. I don't think Blashill ever said Mrazek is the starter, I could be wrong though.

I think the whole "Mrazek is #1 and should play 70 games" is something people here at LGW.com made up and/or fantasized. No where did they say Mrazek is the definite number 1 AND will play an overwhelming majority of games. I think they just teased the idea that he's the number 1 moving forward. I believe Jimmy Howard was the only other one who confirmed this. 

Unless I have my story mixed up. 

Well, i don't think Mrazek is ready for 70 games. Not many goalies ever play that many unless they're Price, Lundqvist, or Holtby. A 50/30 split with Howard would be fine, and help get Mrazek more experience going forward with Howard most likely gone after this season, but it's not looking like it'll go that way.