• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

01/01 GDT : Red Wings vs Maple Leafs : Centennial Classic : 3:00 PM ET

59 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I have money on the line for this game. I say 4-2 Wings. Another big game for Mantha with two points.

Enjoy the game marcaractac and whoever else is fortunate enough to be at this one.

How much u bet? Good luck to us, I'll take that 4-2 any day.

With all pessimism going around, including myself chirping, I feel I have to give our captain the nod before puckdrop. At 36, he's a pure stud. A quick reminder about his laser pass to Tatar the last game as a showcase.

2 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Game delay half hour. Schedule to start at 3:30EST.

so will NBC cut off the end of the game when it runs into the next time slot ... or switch it to some channel none of us can see?  Guess we will find out ....

EDIT: link with information about current game delay:  http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/1/1/14134114/maple-leafs-red-wings-2017-online-streaming-live-time-tv-schedule-centennial-classic

Edited by puckloo39

15 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Time for revenge from 2014

I am sure you and most in here remember how Babcock handed it to us in our last meeting.

The recipe was simple, hound our defense with a relentless forecheck and sure enough our corps coughed it up and we lost.

Granted it wasn't 2014, still something to have in mind, Babs know we are borderline NHL caliber back there. Expect the same today.

Edited by Jacksoni

25 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

a winter classic and sunshine...., stupid climate change.
SNOW is needed, it should be very cold in order to resemble real outdoor hockey

It can be sunny and cold Frank...:eh:

It's right around 0 degrees Celsius.

I can sort of see the point of delay, now that they are killing time, skating around and interviewing players... one end of the ice is in shade, the other in glaring sunshine.  They're waiting for the sun to get off the ice.   Of course, they COULD have scheduled the game for 6:00PM like a normal game, and sun would not be an issue.

But that makes too much sense, so never mind...   LGRW!!

4 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

That's still not real outdoor game stuff. A winter classic without snow just sucks.

That seems extreme but ok. I would certainly prefer it but I'll still enjoy it for what it is. Still seems like a great atmosphere.