• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Montreal will win.

So, Dobson, Bouchard or Wahlstrom?

If we keep this spot and he's still available, give me Bouchard. We need a good D prospect and you can't teach the kind of poise he has. I know everyone is big on Boqvist, but I'm just not sold that his game transitions well.

4 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

If we keep this spot and he's still available, give me Bouchard. We need a good D prospect and you can't teach the kind of poise he has. I know everyone is big on Boqvist, but I'm just not sold that his game transitions well.

I tend to agree, but of course the usual trolling suspects are going to say it's because he is Swedish.  Honestly, I don't think he makes it to 6. He is the 2nd rank D behind Dahlin, so he'll probably go.

Here is my prediction for 1-5:

Dahlin

Svech

Zadina

Boqvist

Tkachuk

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I tend to agree, but of course the usual trolling suspects are going to say it's because he is Swedish.  Honestly, I don't think he makes it to 6. He is the 2nd rank D behind Dahlin, so he'll probably go.

Here is my prediction for 1-5:

Dahlin

Svech

Zadina

Boqvist

Tkachuk

This is pretty much how I see it playing it out. I wouldn't be upset if Boqvist fell to us and we got him or anything, I just think he's a high risk/reward type and I feel like we already took that kind of pick with Cholowski. Meanwhile, I feel like Bouchard may be in that Charlie McAvoy lane.

13 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

People like to say that finishing last doesn't guarantee anything, but this is the 2nd time in 3 years the worst team got the top pick.

People like to say that because that's just how it works. As in, only 2 of the last 3 teams with the best odds actually got the pick. Next year, that may very easily turn to 2 of the last 4. Another way we could say this is, "Finishing last doesn't guarantee anything."

7 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Well fak.  I was really hoping we wouldn't drop any spots but go up.  At least we only dropped one spot, Kenny's face said it all

Hahaha I noticed that too...  a real well F look.

Interesting that Quinn Hughes has been selected for Team USA maybe Blash will see what he has before we pick him? 

They idea of trading our Vegas pick in the first to Carolina with Svechnikov for Hanifin is interesting, can't see that being enough for him thou. 

Maybe it's the master plan, take Quinn then tank for his brother next year. 

From all of the mock drafts I am seeing, it's wide open after #2. The most popular pick for us is Quinn Hughes, followed by Bouchard. I've posted more reputable ones here:

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2018/4/29/17298954/red-wings-pick-6th-overall-in-the-2018-nhl-draft-mock-draft-quinn-hughes-rasmus-dahlin-prospects    

Quinn Hughes

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772305-nhl-mock-draft-2018-initial-post-lottery-predictions

Oliver Walstrom

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.1071168

Evan Bouchard

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

From all of the mock drafts I am seeing, it's wide open after #2. The most popular pick for us is Quinn Hughes, followed by Bouchard. I've posted more reputable ones here:

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2018/4/29/17298954/red-wings-pick-6th-overall-in-the-2018-nhl-draft-mock-draft-quinn-hughes-rasmus-dahlin-prospects    

Quinn Hughes

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772305-nhl-mock-draft-2018-initial-post-lottery-predictions

Oliver Walstrom

Evan Bouchard

In the rankings I'm following Huges is ranked lower than, Dahlin, Boqvist, Dobson and Bouchard in that order... the only way we draft him IMHO is if they pull the ole he's from Michigan so we'll draft him trick...  which is a fireable offence.

12 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Interesting that Quinn Hughes has been selected for Team USA maybe Blash will see what he has before we pick him.

Hate this ^^

12 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

They idea of trading our Vegas pick in the first to Carolina with Svechnikov for Hanifin is interesting, can't see that being enough for him thou.

LOVE THIS ^^^^

Bob McKenzie Craig Button Jeff Marek ISS NHLCS
4 Brady Tkachuk Brady Tkachuk* #2 Brady Tkachuk Brady Tkachuk Brady Tkachuk #2
5 Evan Bouchard Evan Bouchard Adam Boqvist Oliver Wahlstrom Evan Bouchard #4
6 Adam Boqvist Adam Boqvist Noah Dobson Evan Bouchard Noah Dobson #5
7 Oliver Wahlstrom Barrett Hayton Oliver Wahlstrom Quinn Hughes Quintin Hughes #6
8 Noah Dobson Noah Dobson Evan Bouchard Noah Dobson Oliver Wahlstrom #7
9 Quinton Hughes Oliver Wahlstrom Quinton Hughes Adam Boqvist  
10   Jesperi Kotkaniemi     Adam Boqvist #2
11   Bode Wilde      
12   Quinn Hughes      

McKeen's Hockey Future Consid. Hockey Prospect Cam Robinson Peter Harling
4 Quinn Hughes Brady Tkachuk Adam Boqvist Quinn Hughes* #3 Brady Tkachuk
5 Brady Tkachuk Adam Boqvist Brady Tkachuk Adam Boqvist Adam Boqvist
6 Evan Bouchard Quinton Hughes Oliver Wahlstrom Oliver Wahlstrom Evan Bouchard
7 Oliver Wahlstrom Oliver Wahlstrom Quinn Hughes Noah Dobson Noah Dobson
8 Adam Boqvist Ty Smith Joel Farabee Ty Smith Quinn Hughes
9 Joe Veleno Evan Bouchard Noah Dodson Brady Tkachuk Oliver Wahlstrom
10 Noah Dobson Joel Farabee Jesperi Kotkaniemi Joel Farabee  
11   Noah Dobson Grigori Denisenko Evan Bouchard  
12     Rasmus Kupari    
13     Bode Wilde    
14     Ty Smith    
15     Evan Bouchard    

Sam Cosentino Steve Kournianos Chris Peters Ryan Kennedy Scott Wheeler
4 Brady Tkachuk Adam Boqvist Brady Tkachuk Brady Tkachuk* #3 Quinton Hughes
5 Adam Boqvist Joe Veleno Quinn Hughes Adam Boqvist Adam Boqvist
6 Oliver Wahlstrom Brady Tkachuk Adam Boqvist Oliver Wahlstrom Ryan Merkley
7 Noah Dobson Oliver Wahlstrom Oliver Wahlstrom Quinton Hughes Evan Bouchard
8 Evan Bouchard Ty Smith Evan Bouchard Barrett Hayton Oliver Wahlstrom
9 Quinton Hughes Joel Farabee Ty Smith Evan Bouchard Brady Tkachuk
10   Quinn Hughes Joel Farabee Isac Lundestrom Joe Veleno
11   Rasmus Kupari Barrett Hayton Joel Farabee Jesperi Kotkanieni
12   Jesperi Kotkaniemi Joe Veleno Bode Wilde Noah Dobson
13   Barrett Hayton Isac Lundestrom Noah Dobson  
14   Noah Dobson Mattias Samuelsson    
15   Bode Wilde Grigori Denisenko    
16   Akil Thomas Noah Dobson    
17   Evan Bouchard      

Tkachuk 4.79
Boqvist 5.57
Wahlstrom 6.93
Hughes 7.14
Bouchard 8.57
Dobson 9.71

A collection of rankings with averages at the end. Almost everyone had Dahlin, Svech, and Zadina as the top 3 so I eliminated them, a few exceptions are noted. Focusing on just the 6 guys we've been discussing. Other guys are left in there just out of laziness. 

I think Arizona goes with a defenseman. Ottawa could go either way; I'd guess forward if they're confident they'll hold on to Karlsson (or get a big enough return in trade). 

Boqvist is currently my top choice, but I think one of those two will take him. Really been liking what I've seen on Dobson lately, seems like the most complete of the four, even though he looks so ungainly in his highlight reels. 

Of course, my opinion will probably change with the next scouting report I see. So much to like about all of those kids.

TSN post lottery mock from Craig Button for anyone interested. Has Hughes going right before us to the Coyotes, and us taking Bouchard. Boqvist at 10 to the Oilers. 

I haven’t seen enough of Dobson personally so I’m not sure how i feel about him. Boqvist, Bouchard, & Hughes are my top 3 at #6 and I keep shuffling around which of them I like most; I’d be happy with any of them.

Also, I don’t think Hughes being at Michigan gives him any sort of edge other than he was easier to watch play for scouts (not like that really matters as much these days). Being at Michigan doesn’t boost his likelyhood to end up being picked by Detroit, but his skating ability does. I’m excited to see how he does at worlds.