• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Has Blashill finally lost the team?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I dont think anyone would argue with you that players play for money, because they do. BUT when you are coaching a professional sports team, to be successful you need two things...1) talent......2) The players to buy in to the plays and strategies that the coaching staff develop, and to put 100% effort in to these plays/strategies.

When players don't believe in a system that a coach has created, they tend to put in 90%, 80%, 70% etc. of effort. That is what is meant when asking the question "has Blashill lost the team".

Players buying into a system has nothing to do with what they are paid, or what their ages, cultures, ethnicity and perspectives on life are. There is no connection.

You forgot #3. A system that is actually good so that the players WILL buy into it. This team has some #1, just not enough. They lack #3, which leads to #2.

Insert potty jokes now.

31 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You forgot #3. A system that is actually good so that the players WILL buy into it. This team has some #1, just not enough. They lack #3, which leads to #2.

Insert potty jokes now.

lol agreed

Nobody remembers this?

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-shocking-rumors-of-players-overruling-their-coach-in-the-playoffs

http://detroitsportsrag.com/the-red-wings-swedish-mafia-problem/

Small extract:

Henrik Zetterberg would completely contradict direct instructions given to his teammates by Blashill. To the point that the coach would have a meeting with the players, give them specific directions on how things would go down for the next game or period and the door would close behind Blashill and Zetterberg would say something to the effect of ….‘OK, now that he is gone … this is what we are really going to do.”

Of course he lost the team, nearly two years ago.

Edited by lwing

1 hour ago, lwing said:

My impression of Blashill was that he never had the team.

This of course happens when the organization is doing it's best to keep the trend going - as in - trying to make the playoffs - all the while doing this from 'within' the current structure of the Red Wings system.

If this team isn't the poster child of needing an injection of 'outside influence', and a removal of the 'loyalty' factor - then I dunno who else would even come close.

1 hour ago, kjw25 said:

If the team was good enough, it wouldn't matter if the coach lost them. The team is poor. No coach would make them better. 

100% Disagree. Many teams over the years have had great rosters, but under-performed on the ice. The Rangers all through the 2000's are the perfect example.

5 hours ago, lwing said:

Wow...just...wow

If this is true, I find it really hard to blame Blashill for this team's poor performances. If your coaching is being undermined by your team captain, you can't fairly be held accountable for it.

24 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wow...just...wow

If this is true, I find it really hard to blame Blashill for this team's poor performances. If your coaching is being undermined by your team captain, you can't fairly be held accountable for it.

I wouldn't exactly call "hockeyfeed.com" or "detroitssportsrag.com" reliable sources.

7 hours ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

your dead wrong. We got SOME talent just not being coached/managed properly.

Give me a break, I think Blashill is awful but these are professional athletes, they play the game, not the coach. 

54 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Give me a break, I think Blashill is awful but these are professional athletes, they play the game, not the coach. 

Ya, and they play the game against other professional athletes. What's your point?

When you have a roster that is mediocre/average, having bad coaching can be the difference between being crap, and being respectable. 

On 2017-12-12 at 3:26 PM, lwing said:

Hahahahaha That’s hilarious. Why is the team paying a coach then, if Z can just tell the team how things are gonna go? May as well Reg Dunlop it then. Doesn’t look good on either Blash, for getting undermined, or Z, for undermining his coach.

Damn Swedish Mafia. I like Z, appreciate the great play and memories, but i’ll be perfectly content when he retires, gets his number in the rafters, and takes Kronwall and Errorsson back home with him. Eliminate the vets and the entitled attitude they have been allowed to develop over time by management. It’s time. Teams been stinking for a few years, kept getting worse to the point where  now they are officially cellar dwellers. Despite Holland and his band aid fixes and dumb deadline pickups. Jarnkrok is doing great in Nashville, be nice to have him now instead of just crappy memory of Legwand’s  short stint. I know, hindsight. 

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Hahahahaha That’s hilarious. Why is the team paying a coach then, if Z can just tell the team how things are gonna go? May as well Reg Dunlop it then. Doesn’t look good on either Blash, for getting undermined, or Z, for undermining his coach.

Damn Swedish Mafia. I like Z, appreciate the great play and memories, but i’ll be perfectly content when he retires, gets his number in the rafters, and takes Kronwall and Errorsson back home with him. Eliminate the vets and the entitled attitude they have been allowed to develop over time by management. It’s time. Teams been stinking for a few years, kept getting worse to the point where  now they are officially cellar dwellers. Despite Holland and his band aid fixes and dumb deadline pickups. Jarnkrok is doing great in Nashville, be nice to have him now instead of just crappy memory of Legwand’s  short stint. I know, hindsight. 

You saw who the source was right? It’s the equivalent of the national enquirer.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:26 PM, lwing said:

Quotes from a garbage article on a garbage site.  When legit media reports this I'll believe it.

On 12/12/2017 at 12:26 PM, lwing said:

There is ZERO chance of this.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:25 PM, chaps80 said:

Hopefully it’s not true. But it’s not out of possibility.

Lebron James' antics make it a possibility.  Zetterberg's character make it an impossibility.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:09 PM, chaps80 said:

Either you're extremely naive or extremely stupid. I'm shocked you actually believe tabloid news written by a guy who has issues with the police.

The guy who started the Swedish Mafia rumors is a notorious dumbass. See below:

http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/allen-park-detroit-lions-call-police-over-tweet-by-sports/article_4cd3f29c-7c4f-5cac-9084-6f7a9dfcb830.html

That's the look of the bum who writes trash news. I'd rather watch fake news. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Athanasiou has been moved up to play with Larkin in the top 6... :w00t:

Mantha has been moved down to play with Booth and Frk on the 4th line... :furious:

and why ? Because of the process and you take a semi legit top 6 player and throw him on the 4th line..why? For the process