• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Has Blashill finally lost the team?

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wow...just...wow

If this is true, I find it really hard to blame Blashill for this team's poor performances. If your coaching is being undermined by your team captain, you can't fairly be held accountable for it.

I wouldn't exactly call "hockeyfeed.com" or "detroitssportsrag.com" reliable sources.

7 hours ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

your dead wrong. We got SOME talent just not being coached/managed properly.

Give me a break, I think Blashill is awful but these are professional athletes, they play the game, not the coach. 

54 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Give me a break, I think Blashill is awful but these are professional athletes, they play the game, not the coach. 

Ya, and they play the game against other professional athletes. What's your point?

When you have a roster that is mediocre/average, having bad coaching can be the difference between being crap, and being respectable. 

On 2017-12-12 at 3:26 PM, lwing said:

Hahahahaha That’s hilarious. Why is the team paying a coach then, if Z can just tell the team how things are gonna go? May as well Reg Dunlop it then. Doesn’t look good on either Blash, for getting undermined, or Z, for undermining his coach.

Damn Swedish Mafia. I like Z, appreciate the great play and memories, but i’ll be perfectly content when he retires, gets his number in the rafters, and takes Kronwall and Errorsson back home with him. Eliminate the vets and the entitled attitude they have been allowed to develop over time by management. It’s time. Teams been stinking for a few years, kept getting worse to the point where  now they are officially cellar dwellers. Despite Holland and his band aid fixes and dumb deadline pickups. Jarnkrok is doing great in Nashville, be nice to have him now instead of just crappy memory of Legwand’s  short stint. I know, hindsight. 

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Hahahahaha That’s hilarious. Why is the team paying a coach then, if Z can just tell the team how things are gonna go? May as well Reg Dunlop it then. Doesn’t look good on either Blash, for getting undermined, or Z, for undermining his coach.

Damn Swedish Mafia. I like Z, appreciate the great play and memories, but i’ll be perfectly content when he retires, gets his number in the rafters, and takes Kronwall and Errorsson back home with him. Eliminate the vets and the entitled attitude they have been allowed to develop over time by management. It’s time. Teams been stinking for a few years, kept getting worse to the point where  now they are officially cellar dwellers. Despite Holland and his band aid fixes and dumb deadline pickups. Jarnkrok is doing great in Nashville, be nice to have him now instead of just crappy memory of Legwand’s  short stint. I know, hindsight. 

You saw who the source was right? It’s the equivalent of the national enquirer.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:26 PM, lwing said:

Quotes from a garbage article on a garbage site.  When legit media reports this I'll believe it.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:09 PM, chaps80 said:

Either you're extremely naive or extremely stupid. I'm shocked you actually believe tabloid news written by a guy who has issues with the police.

The guy who started the Swedish Mafia rumors is a notorious dumbass. See below:

http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/allen-park-detroit-lions-call-police-over-tweet-by-sports/article_4cd3f29c-7c4f-5cac-9084-6f7a9dfcb830.html

That's the look of the bum who writes trash news. I'd rather watch fake news. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Athanasiou has been moved up to play with Larkin in the top 6... :w00t:

Mantha has been moved down to play with Booth and Frk on the 4th line... :furious:

and why ? Because of the process and you take a semi legit top 6 player and throw him on the 4th line..why? For the process

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Athanasiou has been moved up to play with Larkin in the top 6... :w00t:

Mantha has been moved down to play with Booth and Frk on the 4th line... :furious:

Was this at practice today or something? Who is the C on the 4th line? All 3 are wingers... If true and just because a team practices this way.... Doesnt mean they play this way. But with dumbass Blashill this could happen. If so, fire him at the 1st intermission.

31 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Was this at practice today or something? Who is the C on the 4th line? All 3 are wingers... If true and just because a team practices this way.... Doesnt mean they play this way. But with dumbass Blashill this could happen. If so, fire him at the 1st intermission.

Yes, it was the lines they skated with in practice (Booth at center), and yes, Blashill said they will start the game tomorrow night with those lines... Fortunately, I don't expect it to last long, but I still don't get putting Mantha on the 4th line. He hasn't been great, but he's still been good (better than most forwards most nights)...

I cant say I like this, and Blashill is definitely not the coach I want for this team, but this is a conman strategy for young kids when they are struggling.

Babs did the exact same thing to Marner earlier this season.

Beyond that, we have 7 (or more) viable top 6 options. There is no line combo that doesn't have its flaws or doesn't potentially under-utilize someone. 

I would guess that even if lines aren't juggled mid-game, Mantha will be given some extra shifts and/or Zetterberg and Larkin will spend a few shifts with him and/or Frk. Hardly something to get upset about. 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:59 PM, kliq said:

I wouldn't exactly call "hockeyfeed.com" or "detroitssportsrag.com" reliable sources.

I just did a Google search and picked those. Search "Red Wings Swedish Mafia" and there are many hits including more reputable outlets. Did it all start with these rags or somewhere else? I have no idea, but at the time the stories seemed to be everywhere. Smoke = fire? Some truth behind it all? Doesn't seem implausible that the players do not respect his decisions. My disgust for Blashill makes me biased, I'll happily admit that. 

1 hour ago, lwing said:

I just did a Google search and picked those. Search "Red Wings Swedish Mafia" and there are many hits including more reputable outlets. Did it all start with these rags or somewhere else? I have no idea, but at the time the stories seemed to be everywhere. Smoke = fire? Some truth behind it all? Doesn't seem implausible that the players do not respect his decisions. My disgust for Blashill makes me biased, I'll happily admit that. 

First, nice try but you should know that vague useless statements like that doesn't work on this website. The posters here are above average intelligence compared to other forums.

Second, I just did a google search and found zero "reputable outlets" accusing the Swedes of what that tabloid idiot Jeff Moss came up with. I seriously suggest you look up who Jeff Moss is, he's notorius for coming up with false rumors and having the cops called on him for Slander multiple times. 

Third, if you found some "reputable outlets" reporting it and giving direct evidence (NOT circumstancial evidence OR simply quoting Jeff Moss as their "source") then why don't you link those instead? Don't just try to say "Oh there were other better resources but I just posted the two most useless ones and thought I wouldn't get called out". Nice try. 

Fourth, I'll be waiting for those links.

Edited by kickazz

On 12/19/2017 at 12:24 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mantha is #2 in points, ahead of zberg at #3. Kid needs to learn some respek. U don't just show up Zberg at 22 years old. When this kid learns to fall in line hell get promoted again. Till then enjoy ur time on the 4th mr cockyman

Tough but fair.

Mantha shall henceforth be refered to as Mr. Cockyman.

12 hours ago, lwing said:

Try instead searching "bitcoin" this will lead you to many financial investmests that us sports forum simpletons are too dumb to understand. We don't much care for you uppity fancy boy types anyway nance. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 12/22/2017 at 2:16 PM, kickazz said:

First, nice try but you should know that vague useless statements like that doesn't work on this website. The posters here are above average intelligence compared to other forums.

Second, I just did a google search and found zero "reputable outlets" accusing the Swedes of what that tabloid idiot Jeff Moss came up with. I seriously suggest you look up who Jeff Moss is, he's notorius for coming up with false rumors and having the cops called on him for Slander multiple times. 

Third, if you found some "reputable outlets" reporting it and giving direct evidence (NOT circumstancial evidence OR simply quoting Jeff Moss as their "source") then why don't you link those instead? Don't just try to say "Oh there were other better resources but I just posted the two most useless ones and thought I wouldn't get called out". Nice try. 

Fourth, I'll be waiting for those links.

It seemed to work. My post went up! Sorry, but keep waiting and sorry I don't meet your elite standards for an activity that is essentially useless in impacting anything.

On 12/23/2017 at 1:48 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Try instead searching "bitcoin" this will lead you to many financial investmests that us sports forum simpletons are too dumb to understand. We don't much care for you uppity fancy boy types anyway nance. 

Is there no hope for me here? What could I do? What form of public act of contrition will give me hope? Or perhaps I could simply start a new account with a new name? Perhaps I already have long ago? Perhaps with that account you and I have traded compliments? Yes, it's true.