• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Has Blashill finally lost the team?

Rate this topic

On 12/18/2017 at 2:12 PM, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Blashill has lost the team and his mind, Why can't Chris Ilitch and Ken Holland understand this. Blashill is a career AHLer Coach nothing more.:lol:

Now now, unless you cite three reputable sources (in APA format no less) your opinion will not be considered valid here. There are high standards at play here and Blashill's incompetence will only be determined by a peer review process of the evidence. 

55 minutes ago, lwing said:

It seemed to work. My post went up! Sorry, but keep waiting and sorry I don't meet your elite standards for an activity that is essentially useless in impacting anything.

It's not that you don't meet my elite standards. It's just that you sound like an idiot when you post. 

Is that more clear? 

Good. 

55 minutes ago, lwing said:

Is there no hope for me here? What could I do? What form of public act of contrition will give me hope? Or perhaps I could simply start a new account with a new name? Perhaps I already have long ago? Perhaps with that account you and I have traded compliments? Yes, it's true.

I don't understand. Do you actually think your trolling is good?

Here's some tidbits from your very own certified Troll Lover. 

1. You should never admit to having another account. That just kills the climax. A troll always keeps his audience guessing.

2. You should never admit to what you're intentions are. Again, you keep the audience guessing.

Bad troll.

Bad.

@Jonas Mahonas you have a new pupil to teach. We've got a newbie here. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, lwing said:

Now now, unless you cite three reputable sources (in APA format no less) your opinion will not be considered valid here. There are high standards at play here and Blashill's incompetence will only be determined by a peer review process of the evidence. 

I'm Canadian, so I prefer CPA format.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I'm Canadian, so I prefer CPA format.

In reality he's just a dumb 22 year old that has $170 to his name and doesn't understand what "Canadian" or "CPA" means :( 

Edited by kickazz

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

Hahahahaah. ... 

Until then. Game. Set. Match. 

Don't get too full of yourself, Mr. Man. I checked your credentials and your troll loving isn't certified by any reputable authority. What is this world coming to, people lying on the internet? Despicable. You've sullied your family's honor.

43 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Don't get too full of yourself, Mr. Man. I checked your credentials and your troll loving isn't certified by any reputable authority. What is this world coming to, people lying on the internet? Despicable. You've sullied your family's honor.

The most legit authority I tell ya.

Lvfc5cn.png

I cleaned up a lot of the mess and sent our friend packing, but please, and I urge you, report content like this in the future and we will respond a lot faster than just stumbling across this stuff browsing through the forums. Matt doesn't pay time and a half for Christmas so yes, we were on holiday yesterday. :lol: 

I tried to not remove anything of substance but the last half page or so was just bickering so apologies if your post was deleted. Carry on my wayward sons. 

On 12/26/2017 at 2:22 PM, kliq said:

I have to think that at this point the wings aren’t going to let Blashill go until the offseason. Doesn’t make sense to fire him now, improve and finish with worse odds a the lottery pick.

yeah, unless they hear from an available coach they want who has another offer, like Tippet.  

I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one seemed most relevant. I'm trying to check myself here in terms of bias, but I can't understand why Blashill still has a job. Seven straight losses plus everything else. How long can this go? Ten, fifteen? I find it hard to believe any other team would not have canned him by now. He can't possibly be our coach next year, can he? As for why or why not to can him now, I can guess many of the excuses (for example who would replace him), but at this point his failure seems clear and there seems to be nothing to lose. It seems likely Holland doesnt even have a plan for this (and that is troubling), but bumping up an assistant coach for the interim seems like a valid option. On the positive side, imagine this happened and suddenly the team started playing better - even a little. I think that is a real possibility. Despite all our issues with players I believe this coach is a train wreck and the major factor in our poor play and record. He is a pus filled cyst that has to be popped. Drain the cyst now Kenny! 

57 minutes ago, rwing said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one seemed most relevant. I'm trying to check myself here in terms of bias, but I can't understand why Blashill still has a job. Seven straight losses plus everything else. How long can this go? Ten, fifteen? I find it hard to believe any other team would not have canned him by now. He can't possibly be our coach next year, can he? As for why or why not to can him now, I can guess many of the excuses (for example who would replace him), but at this point his failure seems clear and there seems to be nothing to lose. It seems likely Holland doesnt even have a plan for this (and that is troubling), but bumping up an assistant coach for the interim seems like a valid option. On the positive side, imagine this happened and suddenly the team started playing better - even a little. I think that is a real possibility. Despite all our issues with players I believe this coach is a train wreck and the major factor in our poor play and record. He is a pus filled cyst that has to be popped. Drain the cyst now Kenny! 

YES PLEASE

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lost

lost

adjective  \ ˈlȯst \

Definition of lost

1: not made use of, won, or claimed                   CHECK
  • a lost opportunity                                               CHECK
2a : no longer possessed                                      CHECK
  • a lost reputation                                                  CHECK
b : no longer known                                               CHECK
  • a lost tunnel
3: ruined or destroyed physically or morally : desperate                CHECK
  • a lost soul                                                                                         CHECK
4a : taken away or beyond reach or attainment : denied                  CHECK
  • regions lost to the faith                                                                     CHECK
b : insensible, hardened                                                               CHECK
  • lost to shame                                                                                     CHECK
5a : unable to find the way                                                                 CHECK
b : no longer visible                                                                               CHECK
  • lost in the crowd                                                                                  CHECK
c : lacking assurance or self-confidence : helpless                               CHECK
  • lost without his glasses
6: rapt, absorbed 
  • lost in reverie
7: not appreciated or understood : wasted                                        CHECK
  • their jokes were lost on me
8: obscured or overlooked during a process or activity                         CHECK
  • lost in translation                                                                                  CHECK     
9: hopelessly unattainable : futile                                                          CHECK
  • a lost cause                                                                                           CHECK                                                                                                                                                                                                          FINAL VERDICT:                                                                                                                                                      

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I t really does show how much better Babs is over Blashill.

Every player on the roster has steadily declined in overall performance.

Exactly.  I'm not sure if lost the team is even a valid question, did he ever even have them in the first place?  I think not

21 hours ago, greenrebellion said:

At this point, he's being paid to lose while looking like he's trying to win.  Kudos to him, he's performing admirably.

;)

And then post game he says crap like "  There is a lot of pride in this dressing room, I don't know what tank means. We have to trust the process and play for jobs next year. Who knows we could have a RUN in us yet "          blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8 hours ago, puckbags said:

And then post game he says crap like "  There is a lot of pride in this dressing room, I don't know what tank means. We have to trust the process and play for jobs next year. Who knows we could have a RUN in us yet "          blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wait? People still listen to that bulls***? I listened after the game with first loss and it sounds like it hasn’t changed. 

I miss the excitement and tension I used to feel before Red Wings playoff games.  The nerves and anticipation driving home from school or work, in thinking about the upcoming game.  I almost forgot what that feels like.  This team makes me feel uncomfortably numb.  

5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I miss the excitement and tension I used to feel before Red Wings playoff games.  The nerves and anticipation driving home from school or work, in thinking about the upcoming game.  I almost forgot what that feels like.  This team makes me feel uncomfortably numb.  

I hear you. Amen. I used to have so much pride and excitement in this team. Whenever I met hockey fans from other cities they would always speak highly of the Wings (even if they hated losing to them). I remember a guy from NY and avid Rangers fan telling me watching the wings and their awesome puck control was like watching a hockey video game. How cool is that? How about a power play that was at one time an almost sure goal? Or marveling at Datsyuk and Zetterberg and how they were picked so late in the draft... Or LIdstrom... sigh. I'm sure I'm not alone in all this, but I really don't know how to handle the current situation. Maybe I need to check out the five stages of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance? I think I'm at depression, but won't hit acceptance until we fire Blashill and Holland. 

33 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I agree with you, but its not normal for any fan base to get that feeling for almost 25 years straight. Hopefully we get back to being contenders sooner then later. 

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

To the bold...

Get rid of Blashill - yes!

Get rid of Holland - dunno about that...Keep in mind we could get someone worse that makes numerous mistakes in numerous markets (like Chiarelli in Edmonton).

Agreed. I am not saying Holland is perfect, but a lot of this teams downfall was due to him having to trade away prospects and picks in order to sustain the playoff streak even while the team was already in decline. Even the worst GM understands that that is the time to start trading away vets and acquiring assets to rebuild. If he wasn't put into the position he was in, I believe he would have done things differently, but we'll never know. Holland is not as dumb as some make him out to be. I think he completely understood what the later ramifications of those trades and signings would be. I just think that the powers that be made the streak the focus, and Holland had to fall in line. Now that the team seems to be focusing on a rebuild, I would like to see what he can do, albeit on a short leash.

IDK, if I were in Holland's position and ownership was telling me to do things I knew would blow up and make me look like a moron, I think I'd tell them let me do my job so we can be contenders again ASAP or fire me and I'll have almost every other team in the NHL calling me tomorrow.