• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringBack19

Report: Detroit to name Steve Yzerman as GM

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

So, what is his first move? Just like a few have us have mentioned, he's probably been evaluating the team throughout the season, so he may have some ideas already. 

Also, he must be a fan of Blashill or I'm sure he would've not have been extended. Stevie probably was involved in that decision.

I was thinking the same thing.  They knew Stevie was going to be the new GM, so they had to have consulted with him about keeping Blashill.  No way they sign him to an extension without Yzerman's consent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Lots of people called this like 4 years ago when both Yzerman and Holland signed reflective contract extensions. 

This was the plan all along. He was assistant here went to Tampa and got the experience in Tampa he needed. 

Usually don’t leave your family here to go work somewhere else if it’s long term.

This move is fan service for the most part, but Yzerman is also a good GM so it all works out in the end.

Bringing him back might be a fan service to some extent but bringing him back as GM is 100% due to how good he's been as an executive and he's earned every bit of it. If he had a bad tenure in Tampa, they'd bring him back as assistant GM at most. 

 

Also, I REALLY hope he brings Tampa scouts with him. Combine the best of both our scouting groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So, what is his first move? Just like a few have us have mentioned, he's probably been evaluating the team throughout the season, so he may have some ideas already. 

Also, he must be a fan of Blashill or I'm sure he would've not have been extended. Stevie probably was involved in that decision.

Yeah, he was definitely involved in the decision to extend Blashill. 

First move? Buyout Trevor Daley. Well not necessarily the first move, but I think (hope) it happens sometime this summer...

Regardless, going to be interesting to see what moves Yzerman makes this summer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe this is happening. I thought this was going to be a Rick Roll or prank for sure. I did a double-take on the date to make sure it wasn’t April Fools. Wow.

I really didn’t think it would happen this quick. Super exciting day. Welcome home, Stevie!

Also, first move: Dylan Larkin named as Captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling we'll see at least a couple vets permanently replaced by kids this year. Tampa had no problem putting young guys in their lineup. Granted they have a more experienced core but I'm excited to see the changes with who makes it out of the off season/training camp the most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amato said:

I have a feeling we'll see at least a couple vets permanently replaced by kids this year. Tampa had no problem putting young guys in their lineup. Granted they have a more experienced core but I'm excited to see the changes with who makes it out of the off season/training camp the most. 

This is exactly where I'm at as well. I think we're going to see some pretty big changes over the next calendar year. Exciting times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, amato said:

Bringing him back might be a fan service to some extent but bringing him back as GM is 100% due to how good he's been as an executive and he's earned every bit of it. If he had a bad tenure in Tampa, they'd bring him back as assistant GM at most. 

 

Also, I REALLY hope he brings Tampa scouts with him. Combine the best of both our scouting groups. 

I agree with you. He’s hits all the check marks but this is also fan service in the sense that it’s going to bring the fans back into it. 

I’ve gotten multiple texts this morning from friends who stopped watching Red Wings hockey for years that all of a sudden are excited. 

I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I agree with you. He’s hits all the check marks but this is also fan service in the sense that it’s going to bring the fans back into it. 

I’ve gotten multiple texts this morning from friends who stopped watching Red Wings hockey for years that all of a sudden are excited. 

I like it.

The HYPE! spreadeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I agree with you. He’s hits all the check marks but this is also fan service in the sense that it’s going to bring the fans back into it. 

I’ve gotten multiple texts this morning from friends who stopped watching Red Wings hockey for years that all of a sudden are excited. 

I like it.

Oh for sure. It's a great move both for the actual team and for the fan base. I for one am way more excited than I thought I'd be.. But I think partially because I wasn't letting myself get my hopes up haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this