• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Wings acquire Adam Erne from Tampa

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, puckbags said:

Put him with Bert, Acquire a guy named Oscar and we could have Oscar centering Bert and Erne. The Sesame Street Line. 

Or just put Christopher Ehn between them

Bert Ehn Erne

Seems a little like another Abdelkader to me.

Edit:  You'll all remember Erne from his bout with noted Red Wings tough guy Andreas Athanasiou in 2017.  It was a draw, so apparently he fights as well as Abby does too.

Edited by kipwinger

Great.  114 Games with Tampa, 13 goals.  He will be taking a spot away from a young player.   I bet you that Veleno or Rasmussen could get 13 goals in 114 games.  I know it is early but I am not impressed with Stevie up until now.  I was hoping for much more.  With most of what he has done, if it were Kenny Holland people would be screaming.

Don’t get this move at all with all the kids coming this year and next , it’s time to start shipping out the deadweight ASAP 

1 minute ago, deanyoungblood said:

Great.  114 Games with Tampa, 13 goals.  He will be taking a spot away from a young player.   I bet you that Veleno or Rasmussen could get 13 goals in 114 games.  I know it is early but I am not impressed with Stevie up until now.  I was hoping for much more.  With most of what he has done, if it were Kenny Holland people would be screaming.

Only way this makes sense is if he’s planning on keeping zadina veleno and Rasmussen down and “unintentionally” tanking next season 

we already added filppula,hirose,ehn should be on the team , zadina,turgeon,svechnikov were suppose to fight for a spot , there’s just no spots as it is already ... If we hear tomorrow delarose,helm,glendening are moved for picks then it’s all good but it won’t 

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don’t get this move at all with all the kids coming this year and next , it’s time to start shipping out the deadweight ASAP 

He's an RFA. Probably sign a one or two year deal. If Rasmussen, Veleno, or Zadina can't take a spot from Adam ******* Erne then I don't know what to tell you. 

Ya, very interesting to see why this move was made.  Not unless a deal is upcoming shipping out a couple of forwards...but how many times have we speculated that only to not have one done?

Ras, Veleno and Zadina all to start GR?  DLR still injured? Trade for Werenski coming? :P 

I guess we'll see what comes of this...

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's an RFA. Probably sign a one or two year deal. If Rasmussen, Veleno, or Zadina can't take a spot from Adam ******* Erne then I don't know what to tell you. 

Pretty sure yzerman didn’t get Erne with no intentions of him getting on the team , and if those 3 don’t get in over all the garbage we have it’s 100% for tanking purposes 

not against Erne trade completely but we better start shedding some scrubs real soon

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, very interesting to see why this move was made.  Not unless a deal is upcoming shipping out a couple of forwards...but how many times have we speculated that only to not have one done?

Ras, Veleno and Zadina all to start GR?  DLR still injured? Trade for Werenski coming? :P 

I guess we'll see what comes of this...

Probably this, + Svechnikov

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Pretty sure yzerman didn’t get Erne with no intentions of him getting on the team , and if those 3 don’t get in over all the garbage we have it’s 100% for tanking purposes 

not against Erne trade completely but we better start shedding some scrubs real soon

agreed

Either expansion draft bait or raising the bar for the kids.  I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Zadina Veleno and Rasmussen dominating the AHL for a while.  Give them a chance to develop chemistry in game situations.

16 minutes ago, TheXym said:

Either expansion draft bait or raising the bar for the kids.  I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Zadina Veleno and Rasmussen dominating the AHL for a while.  Give them a chance to develop chemistry in game situations.

The only part of this that pisses me off is the A.  Switch that to an N.  

17 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The only part of this that pisses me off is the A.  Switch that to an N.  

All in due time, all in due time...they will be in the NHL soon enough. This is a blow-off year, it's been pretty evident.  Next year, the kids will start taking over (especially on D)  by making appearances throughout the season and then in two season's you'll have your wish 100% in the NHL for all three of them.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Very underwhelming trade. Of course this means that Yzerman already has a deal in place to trade Abdelkader for a 1st round pick...

Seriously though, this trade doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. There have to be other moves coming? Maybe...

Yzerman tells scouting staff that he wants to draft competitive players with jam. To the point that Hakan made comments to the media about exactly this. A notable thing. 

Yzerman takes two big solid D men with his first pick.

Yzerman signs solid stay-at-home D man and reliable defensive forward on July 1st and also adds to goaltending depth.

Yzerman trades for a 3rd line winger that got scored on less than only one other player on the lighting, was one of the team leaders in fewest high danger chances against, and 3rd in team hits. 

It's clear to me at least that Yzerman's plan is to work on this team's competitive culture and try and get the young core used to being scored on less. Make sense? 

45 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yzerman tells scouting staff that he wants to draft competitive players with jam. To the point that Hakan made comments to the media about exactly this. A notable thing. 

Yzerman takes two big solid D men with his first pick.

Yzerman signs solid stay-at-home D man and reliable defensive forward on July 1st and also adds to goaltending depth.

Yzerman trades for a 3rd line winger that got scored on less than only one other player on the lighting, was one of the team leaders in fewest high danger chances against, and 3rd in team hits. 

It's clear to me at least that Yzerman's plan is to work on this team's competitive culture and try and get the young core used to being scored on less. Make sense? 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Its easy when youre given Jordan and Kobe.  

Thats like Ken Holland saying you build teams by drafting slick right handed centers,  hidden gems in Sweden, and defectors from Russia before other teams do.

God, i almost nut everytime i think about the Wings having Bure and Konstantinov from 1992 to 2009.  Holy Lord.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Seriously though, this trade doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. There have to be other moves coming? Maybe...

Why? Counting Erne we only have 10 spots filled. Hirose, Zadina, Veleno, and Ras are the only prospects worth noting. Three of them would have to make it before we'd even need to worry about who gets scratched. 

16 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Why? Counting Erne we only have 10 spots filled. Hirose, Zadina, Veleno, and Ras are the only prospects worth noting. Three of them would have to make it before we'd even need to worry about who gets scratched. 

11, only including players that are not waiver eligible.

Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou, Nielsen, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader, Glendening, de la Rose and Erne.

I think Hirose is all but guaranteed a spot, unless he really f***s up. I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing if Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov and Rasmussen start in Grand Rapids, but you'd have to think that at least one of them make it.

But yeah, I guess my initial reaction was a little hasty... I'm starting to come around, and another player to compete with / against probably isn't the worst thing for the kids.