• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Several topics have been focusing on the offseason, and the pressure is clearly on Ken to shake things up. Personally, I feel that we need at least one sniper, and at least one grinder for the bottom 6 that will give the 4th line some identity and make this team harder to play against. Obviously, a guy that can contribute offensively once in a blue moon, and a guy capable of skating a regular shift. This list (To nobody's surprise) will focus on the grit aspect. Below is the mother of all lists of both UFAs and RFAs that I feel will make this team harder to play against. The player's age, stats, and cap hit are included.

FORWARDS (UFA):

*Shane Doan- 35 years old, 50 points and 48 penalty minutes in 79 games, $4.55 mil. He's be a good addition for the top 6. Ideally, I'd like someone younger but he is still an effective player and leader
*Taylor Pyatt- 30 years old, 19 points and 23 penalty minutes in 73 games, $1 mil
*Dan Winnik- 27 years old, 23 points and 52 penalty minutes in 84 games. $950,000
*Jake Dowell- 27 years old, 7 points and 53 penalty minutes in 52 games, $800,000
*Brad Winchester- 31 years old, 10 points and 88 penalty minutes in 67 games, $725,000
*Byron Bitz- 27 years old, 4 points and 14 penalty minutes in 10 games, $700,000
*Rod Pelley- 27 years old, 3 points and 16 penalty minutes in 52 games, $550,000

I'd consider the following to be a 13th forward to dress when we play a tougher team, like the Blues.

*Krys Barch- 32 years old, 5 points and 114 penalty minutes in 51 games, $837,500
*Jay Rosehill- 26 years old, 0 points and 60 penalty minutes in 31 games, $600,000
*Guillaume Desbiens- 27 years old, 0 points and 25 penalty minutes in 10 games, $525,000. Probably will get a 2 way deal with someone.

DEFENSEMEN (UFA)
*Jim Vandermeer- 32 years old, 4 points and 33 penalty minutes in 25 games, $1 mil

FORWARDS (RFA):

*T.J. Oshie- 25 years old, 54 points and 50 penalty minutes in 80 games, $2.35 mil
*Matt Martin- 22 years old, 14 points and 121 penalty minutes in 80 games, $852,500
*Jamie Benn- 22 years old, 63 points and 55 penalty minutes in 71 games, $821,667
*Mike Blunden- 25 years old, 4 points and 27 penalty minutes in 39 games, $615,000
*Kyle Chipchura- 26 years old, 16 points and 42 penalty minutes in 53 games, $550,000

DEFENSEMEN (RFA)
*Theo Peckham- 24 years old, 3 points and 80 penalty minutes in 54 games, $1.075 mil
*Mark Fistric- 25 years old, 2 points and 41 penalty minutes in 60 games, $1 mil

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 02 July 2012 - 09:08 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

I think emelin and mcleod would be a good combo. Of course Emelin doesn't fight but he is one of the best hitters in the league, and Wilson is no slouch either. Fistric is the best hitter in the league but I don't see Kenny looking one bit at him or wilson. Mcleod has not been offensively prolific but he quietly is one of the best role players in the league.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

A lot of good names on your list that I agree with. So instead of a player by player analysis, I just kept the ones I would most like to see.

FORWARDS (UFA):

*Travis Moen- 30 years old, 16 points and 41 penalty minutes in 48 games, $1.5 mil. Injured for a majority of the year. Personally, I'd like to find someone a little younger, but I definitely would be happy if we found a way to get this guy in a Wings jersey.
*Jordin Tootoo- 29 years old, 30 points and 92 penalty minutes in 77 games, $1.25 mil. I think he played in 1 game in the series against us, so I'm not sure if Nashville is planning on bringing him back next year or not. Not many like him, but I think he would be a good addition to the team.
*Brandon Prust- 28 years old, 17 points and 156 penalty minutes in 82 games, $800,000. My first choice would be this guy. He does everything out there. I'd be surprised if the

I'd consider the following to be a 13th forward to dress when we play a tougher team, like the Blues.

*Krys Barch- 32 years old, 5 points and 114 penalty minutes in 51 games, $837,500
*George Parros- 32 years old, 4 points and 85 penalty minutes in 46 games, $875,000
*Steve MacIntyre- 31 years old, 0 points and 6 penalty minutes in 12 games, $600,000. Borderline NHLer. I'll be happy to see him get a roster spot anywhere in the NHL.
*Brian McGrattan-30 years old, 2 points and 61 penalty minutes in 30 games, $600,000
*Jay Rosehill- 26 years old, 0 points and 60 penalty minutes in 31 games, $600,000
*Brad Staubitz- 27 years old, 1 point and 121 penalty minutes in 62 games, $575,000

DEFENSEMEN (UFA):

*Shane O’Brien- 28 years old, 20 points and105 penalty minutes in 76 games, $1.1 mil
*Jim Vandermeer- 32 years old, 4 points and 33 penalty minutes in 25 games, $1 mi
*Matt Carkner- 31 years old, 3 points and 33 penalty minutes in 29 games, $700,000
*John Scott- 29 years old, 1 point and 53 penalty minutes in 35 games, $512,500

FORWARDS (RFA):

*T.J. Oshie- 25 years old, 54 points and 50 penalty minutes in 80 games, $2.35 mil
*Steve Downie- 25 years old, 41 points and 137 penalty minutes in 75 games, $1.85 mil
*Jamie Benn- 22 years old, 63 points and 55 penalty minutes in 71 games, $821,667
*Jared Boll- 25 years old, 3 points and 126 penalty minutes in 54 games, $725,000

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Prust please :thumbup:

Unrealistically i'd love Cal Clutterbuck and Chris Neil on this team.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

Why ain't Shane Doan on your list? I wouldn't mind trading for Rick Nash.

#6 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

I want the following line to be out fourth line: Clutterbuck - Ott - Neil
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#7 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Seriously? That is a short list of every goon in the league.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#8 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

He forgot steve macintyre. I'd love to see DIESEL in a Red Wings uni.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#9 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

Boy would it make me super happy to see two guys in our line up specifically to crash and bang and throw in the odd goal. If we got Parise, Suter and two of anyone on that list of forwards that would be so awesome. But then I forgot our last real "enforcer " was Aaron Downey and as much as I liked when he was on our team watching that guy attempt to play hockey was rough

#10 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

Actually it's a list of "tough" guys. "Tough" guys will make the Wings "tougher" to play against.

He forgot steve macintyre. I'd love to see DIESEL in a Red Wings uni.

He didn't, he's on the list. And we won't sign him because it would be too awesome if we did and as of late the Wings don't do awesome in the summer.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#11 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

Kenopka would be cool as he's supposssed to be a pretty good face-off guy. I think we need to have an answer to Gaustad types. Get back to dominating the face-offs like we used to.

Realistically, we don't have room on D for a tough guy. Ericsson needs to step up and be the force that he can be. Up front we're probably looking at...
________ Datsyuk. Nyquist
Filppula. Zetterberg. Franzen
Cleary. Helm. Bertuzzi
Miller. Abdelkader. Holmstrom/Mursak/Emmerton/Eaves

I doubt Holland signs a tough guy...I would venture to guess he'll just hope Abdelkader takes some more boxing classes and turns into a bonafide scrapper.

Underline is either Parise or Hudler, I imagine. Filling that out just made me realize that Homer is likely to be pushed out and Emmerton should be shipped out to.

Edited by achildr1, 23 April 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#12 matemate

matemate

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Flippula - Datsyuk - Doan
Hudler - Zetterberg - Franzen
Miller - Helm - Eaves
Abby - Konopka - Crabb

#13 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

I was actually thinking this myself. We've seen tons of players that are a pain in the butt to play against in the playoffs, let's focus on these types of players. Moen, Tootoo, Doan, Gaustad, Pahlsson are all perfect examples.

#14 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

please quit saying tootoo

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

although, even though I really REALLY hope for it, I know it is highly unlikely that Franzen and Cleary will be shipped out, but honestly, any lineup that includes Franzen, Cleary & Hudler will NEVER be tough or even hard to play against. This is Holland's off-season to prove to everyone in Detroit and the NHL that they are serious about winning The Cup every year they can. He needs to make an impact on this lineup over the summer. All UFA's need to go bye bye (Sorry Lids, I just don't see the drive in you anymore, but if you find it, we have $2M waiting for you!) and all of Franzen, Cleary, Emmerton and Mursak need to be traded...It's go time...this will define Holland's ability, with Lids and Holmsrtom likely retiring, he official steps out of what Scotty Bowman and into an entire team HE builds. I do beleive those two are the last players from the Scotty Bowman era...

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 April 2012 - 08:21 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#16 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

although, even though I really REALLY hope for it, I know it is highly unlikely that Franzen and Cleary will be shipped out, but honestly, any lineup that includes Franzen, Cleary & Hudler will NEVER be tough or even hard to play against. This is Holland's off-season to prove to everyone in Detroit and the NHL that they are serious about winning The Cup every year they can. He needs to make an impact on this lineup over the summer. All UFA's need to go bye bye (Sorry Lids, I just don't see the drive in you anymore, but if you find it, we have $2M waiting for you!) and all of Franzen, Cleary, Emmerton and Mursak need to be traded...It's go time...this will define Holland's ability, with Lids and Holmsrtom likely retiring, he official steps out of what Scotty Bowman and into an entire team HE builds. I do beleive those two are the last players from the Scotty Bowman era...

I wouldn't say its the end of the Bowman era. He left the organization in what '07? He was a "consultant". Knowing Scotty, that probably means he had a big say in what we should do.

#17 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Kenopka would be cool as he's supposssed to be a pretty good face-off guy. I think we need to have an answer to Gaustad types. Get back to dominating the face-offs like we used to.

Why not just grab up Gaustad then? He is available as a FA this off-season.

I can see Gaustad going back to Buffalo though...
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#18 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

If Kenny can add one of Prust, Campbell, or Moen for the 4th line then I'd be very happy. Thing is these guys will likely be overpaid at around 2-3 mil a year. If Kenny can sign both Parise and Suter AND Nick comes back then that will eat up most of the Cap space. This is where signing Bert hurts us. As well as Cleary's contract. We DO need to be harder to play against in our bottom 6. I am fine eith Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves. Miller is solid depth. But we need some size and snarl to compliment those guys. The only prospect in our system we have who can play this way is Callahan and he is not ready for the NHL yet. I think Campbell and Prust re-sign with their current teams but Moen will be available. He would be the player I would target.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#19 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Just think about it.. guys can get Kronwalled AND Clutterbucked.

Plus Clutterbuck had 4 short handed points this season, if our PP is gonna suck at least we can score on the PK. :thumbup:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#20 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Why ain't Shane Doan on your list? I wouldn't mind trading for Rick Nash.

Nash would be good, when surrounded by higher caliber players he play better, duh. But if he can be a 40 goal scorer on the bj's I have to believe that with a solid season surrounded by actual talent, he could be top 3 in goals for a few years. He could be had, albeit at a high cost, but he's about as close to Shanny as we can get. Remember what happened when we got Shanny? A true, elite power forward cannot be undervalued.