• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Signed
Datsyuk agrees to 3-year extension, $22.5m total, $7.5m/year

Rate this topic

132 posts in this topic

Hopefully he will be able to mentor Jurco, Nyquist, and Tatar for at least 2 full years and we will have another seamless transition like we did when Yzerman left us.

So is this going to be changed to the official DATSYUK SIGNS EXTENSION thread or is there going to be a new one?

I'll change it. I'm just a little confused as I thought he couldn't officially sign an extension yet.

Prediction 3 years ~21 million.

So far I am right on the years.

The contract can't be registered with the NHL or officially announced until July 5, the first day of free agency, because Datsyuk still has a year remaining on a seven-year deal worth $6.7 million per season.

The extension ensures that Datsyuk, who turns 35 on July 20, will be a Red Wing through at least the 2016-17 season.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/06/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_three-.html

Not that we will ever be able to replace him, but I hope Kenny's taking note of all this and doesn't get caught off guard 3.5 years from now.

*does happy dance*

Hockeymom1960 likes this

From DSN:

According to Dats' Gary Greenstin, "3 year deal worth $23 million: $10 million first year: $7.5 2nd year; $5.5 3rd year. Cap hit is 7.5 mil."

I always wondered what happened to that solid inside source KK's had....

Awesome news, can't wait to keep watching his greatness and the effect he'll have on our younger players!

Best possible news to brighten up the day.

Pavel is practically a Wing for life. Thank you Dats for doing this.

Unfinished business.

I woke up everyone in the house with a scream of joy...it was WORTH IT!!!

Thank you, Pasha. You've made my whole summer! :wub:

thegerkin likes this

Awesome news, can't wait to keep watching his greatness and the effect he'll have on our younger players!

This is the biggest thing for me. We have him for 4 more years to teach Nyquist, Tatar, and Jurco specifically. Very excited about the future of this team.

teach jurco everything you know pav!! :D

When all is said done, even though getting your number up in the JLA is extremely difficult #13 has to be there.

He took one for the team, great cap hit and awesome length, thank you Pasha looking forward to 3 more years, what a great player.

LidsFan likes this