• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Wings buy out Colaiacovo, will keep Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

i cant f*cken believe we couldnt even get a team to take coliacovo for like a 7th round pick , hes got 1 year left ... ughhh

i wanted to keep a buyout for next year incase holland wakes up and sees franzens longterm deal is a big risk

And according to her, it looks like Cleary will be around 3 years $9mil (What the f***???) and Brunner will be around $2.5mil a year with no length specified.

ok with brunner but cleary wtf , holland just keeps the same old players all the time , im surprised he hasnt begged fedorov to come back for one more year

I'm glad Big Bert is coming back. When healthy he brings so much to the table. And plays really well with Pavel (who doesn't though?haha). And he's one of our best shootout guys! If worse come to worse and he re-injures his back, we obviously have a lot of options to take his place. Love me some Bertuzzi!

I'm glad Big Bert is coming back. When healthy he brings so much to the table. And plays really well with Pavel (who doesn't though?haha). And he's one of our best shootout guys! If worse come to worse and he re-injures his back, we obviously have a lot of options to take his place. Love me some Bertuzzi!

hes done

I may be one of the biggest Cleary fans out there, but if he gets re-signed for 3yrs at 3mil I'll be pretty pissed. A 2yr deal for 2.5 or less would've been all I'd like to see. I hope Helene is a bit off base. The Brunner # is good.

I would expect Brunner to be asking for 4-5 years or something and we're wanting 2-3 and they're probably even on pricing for this deal not to be done yet. That or Brunner wants to see what other teams think he's worth right now and go back to Holland and see what he does.

I may be one of the biggest Cleary fans out there, but if he gets re-signed for 3yrs at 3mil I'll be pretty pissed. A 2yr deal for 2.5 or less would've been all I'd like to see. I hope Helene is a bit off base. The Brunner # is good.

If Cleary gets 3 mill I think I will officially rage. The guy should be in the 1.5-2mill TOPS. Any more than that and Kenny is throwing money down the toilet. Although I must re-state we should NOT be re-signing him to ANY contract

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

So were in the process of giving a guy that skates like he has cement in his skates, gets knocked over by a breeze, and in general is on the WAY decline of his career 3 yrs and 3 mil per?

But for some reason can't give vinny 4.5 for 5 years and a role that we actually NEED!!

Man good thing Holland has a hard on for his vets or the wings could actually win a few more cups.

I like Bert. Cleary signing seems like a lot, but everyone from teammates to coaching to management seems to like him. He's a heart guy who gives his all every night. Good for the bottom six

Edit: I can't imagine 3x3 being true. If it is, its a little much

Edited by wingsfan4795

And according to her, it looks like Cleary will be around 3 years $9mil (What the f***???) and Brunner will be around $2.5mil a year with no length specified.

HAHAHAHA. Wow, if this is indeed true, Holland has seriously reached a new low n his stupidity.

4.5M too big a risk for a proven elite player.

3M a good number for a guy 37 years old for 3 year contract.

Seriously?

Edited by ShanahanMan

I like Bert. Cleary signing seems like a lot, but everyone from teammates to coaching to management seems to like him. He's a heart guy who gives his all every night. Good for the bottom six

Edit: I can't imagine 3x3 being true. If it is, its a little much

That's the problem though, we don't play him in the bottom 6. He played in the TOP 6 every game he played, which is obviously quite ridiculous and yet another reason why I and most others don't want him back

I think using a buyout on Carlo is a waste. IMHO, he was one of our top 4 defensemen in the playoffs, and is paid less than at least one guy who he outplayed (Quincy). I think he could and would crack our lineup even with DeKeyser back. Now, we are relying on Smith to step it up and Quincy to play to his potential every night vs. having a guy that came in and played rock solid in our back pocket. And we're doing this why? To keep Samuelsson?? WTF???

I don't have too much of a problem with the Cleary deal, though I wish it was more like 2 years at 2M or 2.5M. I know a lot of people want a star player in his place, but I'd argue that he brings some of the things to the table that we need: he'll go to the net, he plays tougher than his size and he gives 100% every time out on the ice. He's like Rudy - I wish I could put his heart into Franzen's body.

I don't have too much of a problem with keeping Bert too. If he's hurt, we can IR him and maybe get someone else (IR doesn't count against cap?). While if he's truly healthy, he can bring some size, grit, toughness and scoring.

I think using a buyout on Carlo is a waste. IMHO, he was one of our top 4 defensemen in the playoffs, and is paid less than at least one guy who he outplayed (Quincy). I think he could and would crack our lineup even with DeKeyser back. Now, we are relying on Smith to step it up and Quincy to play to his potential every night vs. having a guy that came in and played rock solid in our back pocket. And we're doing this why? To keep Samuelsson?? WTF???

I don't have too much of a problem with the Cleary deal, though I wish it was more like 2 years at 2M or 2.5M. I know a lot of people want a star player in his place, but I'd argue that he brings some of the things to the table that we need: he'll go to the net, he plays tougher than his size and he gives 100% every time out on the ice. He's like Rudy - I wish I could put his heart into Franzen's body.

I don't have too much of a problem with keeping Bert too. If he's hurt, we can IR him and maybe get someone else (IR doesn't count against cap?). While if he's truly healthy, he can bring some size, grit, toughness and scoring.

He is 37, this contract would end at 40, he's our weakest player with the puck and literally never ceases to fall everytime theres a battle.

Even on the free market, he wouldn't get more than 2M.

Edited by ShanahanMan