• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

of course we are here and love the wings. but what other teams do you like? I respect the other O6 teams, but I don't really like any of them. In fact hate most-history is a ***** sometimes.

as for me, I grew up in the 70's. While the wings were bad I grew up following.... the Islanders. In fact Billy Smith was one of my favorite players. Would have loved to see how he would have handled Hommer in his crease! Of course it is really hard to say you like the Islanders the last 20 years or so...... Yikes!

As for other teams, I do like the Yotes. Love watching Doan and Hanzel play and have a lot of respect for their coach.

so, how about you all?

#2 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wings - only wings. Can't give any of my emotional support and willpower to any other team - it would be a waste.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#3 Firefighter4WingedWheel

Firefighter4WingedWheel

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

I enjoy watching the Bruins play.  Also, I grew up in the 90s so I have a place in my heart for the 94 rangers.  So I watch them when I get the chance as well.  And just because they are close to where I live and they are ALWAYS on TV i also like the Blues.

12058313233_9807d41377_o.jpg

#4 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Should the Wings be eliminated from contention or early in the playoffs, I'd be cheering for Tampa Bay out of the East and Dallas (should they make it) from the West.  Have family and friends in both the Dallas and TB areas, so that's mostly my reasoning.  Now that Yzerman and Filppula are with TB, makes me root for them a bit more.

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

No Wings? Then I don't really care.

Boston and LA have my respect.

I wouldn't cry if St Louis won it all this year.

I don't hate Montreal either.

Other than that, basically I just cheer for whatever team is playing against Pitts, Chicago, or San Jose. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

BTW, where did we get Jimmy D from? The guy that started our run? the Islanders. There was/is a tie there for me.

#7 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

New York rangers... Henrik lunquivst is my favorite goalie and I love their defense.

#8 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

LA Kings are always one of my favorites. They have Kopitar, Doughty, Quick (All sweet players to watch)

Gretzky! Those old black and white Kings jerseys with "Gretzky - 99" are always awesome to see!

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

The Grand Rapids Griffins.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#10 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

I really enjoy watching physical teams like the kings blues and bruins. Whether the wings are in or out I love watching playoff hockey. I go to plenty of islanders games as well I like the underdog team and they have a few of my favorite players
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

The Wild.

I get them on tv, so if the Wings aren't on, I tune in for the Wild games.  Every time I've gone to see the Wings play, it's been vs the Wild since they're the only place nearby that I can get to without a passport.

Wild fans are generally the nicest people around.  You can go to their place in full Wings gear and get treated like a welcomed guest.  There may be some good-natured ribbing, but they're pretty knowledgeable (except for the loud ones online, but that's any team).

Plus they have a great anthem that is fun to sing along with, even if you're in Wings gear.

Now that the Wings are out of the west, the Wild are my team to root for in that conference.

#12 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Much like 55fan, if I had to select a team because I have seen them a lot locally, it would be the Winnipeg Jets, formerly the Atlanta Thrashers. 

I lived in Atlanta from the start until the finish of their existence, got a lot of free tickets to the games, and lived 10 minutes from the training facility and went to see them practice frequently. They were on television for most of their games and at the time Detroit was in the West so they were the team I was rooting for in the East.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#13 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

my home town team Peterborough Phantoms, EC Salzburg, CSKA Moskva and of course the Grand Rapids Griffins.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#14 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

I would probably have to say the Jets at the moment. But I wouldn't classify them or anyone else as a 'second favourite team'. I'm Wings all the way. 

temp 1

#15 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Like many here, I don't consider any team my "second favorite", however due to a number of factors (Detroit ties with Yzerman & Filppula, proximity) I watch a lot of Lightning games. If the Wings or Tampa are not playing on any given night, I don't even go to NHL.com let alone watch any games.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#16 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

My entire Dad's side of the family are all either Wings or Bruins fans, dating back to my great Grandfather. No matter which team everyone likes, they always have a soft spot for the other, and it is no different for me. So I'd have to say my second fav is the Bruins. 

#17 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

I'm like most of the others here, it's all about the Red Wings. Been obsessed since I was 6 years old. Which coincidentally was the first year of our playoff streak (1990). There are some teams that I hate less than others. But it's hard to say that any team truly comes in 2nd for me. When Yzerman first got hired by the Bolts, I did sorta like them. But that came to a screeching halt this year now that we're in the same division. In all honesty, even though I hated them for years, the St. Louis Blues are a pretty fun team to watch. They have a good handful of players that I actually do like. Always been a Ryan Miller fan also. And obviously they don't share a division with us anymore...So yeah as weird as it sounds, if I absolutely had to name a 2nd favorite right now, it would be the Blues.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#18 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'm too biased of a wings fan to like any other team. However, I never wish ill will upon Stevie's lightning, unless it has an adverse affect on the wings. 

However, I love to follow the griffins, so if that counts..

#19 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

I've got a soft spot for the Flames.  Dated one of Harley Hotchkiss's granddaughters for a long time. Met a lot of the players and saw them play a lot.  Good people in that organization.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#20 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

There can be only ONE !

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl