• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

218 posts in this topic

Though I've loved going to the Joe, the concourse had all the soul and atmosphere of a parking garage. I think the Joe was objectively a pretty crappy arena: inconvenient parking, trough bathrooms, UGLY from the outside, the inconvenient staircase entrance on one side, those shady portal walkways to get to the rink (went there with my Grandpa and he had trouble with the all the walking it took to get there), in a desolate part of town (maybe too harsh, but little is around it and it isn't a warm feeling part of town).

People learn to love those dingy aspects and call them character, but it was time for a change. History comes with time passing. I'm sure The Joe was criticized for it's modern design at some point.

It seems as if the only thing about an arena Wings fans care about is the name of it. I'm glad all I give a crap about is the experience I have while I'm there.

I also think the LCA is a pretty decent nickname for the place. Not the end of the world, as some make it seem.

The whole thing reminds me of when a website like Facebook changes. Everyone flips out, complains for a week, then forgets about it. Come puck drop in October nobody will care any more.

Edited by marcaractac

they'll say "don't worry it's just a previz rendering..."

Or maybe it might say "Detroit Tigers"

LET THE TROLLING CONTINUEEEEE muhahaahahah

Hey everyone. Been a bit since I posted here but I still been making updates to the blog. Now I am offering videos in 4k resolution AND interactive 360 degree panoramas.

Check it out: http://wingsarena.tumblr.com

Hey everyone. Been a bit since I posted here but I still been making updates to the blog. Now I am offering videos in 4k resolution AND interactive 360 degree panoramas.

Check it out: http://wingsarena.tumblr.com

You should use that drone to spraypaint a Red Wings logo over the Little Caesars logo once the arena is finished

Am I the only one who is not as excited about this anymore since the announcement? I should be, but I'm still just a little jaded over the roof...

BadgerBob and evilmrt like this

Am I the only one who is not as excited about this anymore since the announcement? I should be, but I'm still just a little jaded over the roof...

Yeaaaa who cares lol. Just another arena.

That said though, I'm sure it will be nice on the inside. So I appreciate the construction updates.

Edited by kickazz
Hockeymom1960 likes this

Oh, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the updates and the views are awesome...It'll just take me some time to get over the whole stab in the gut...Thanks BTW for the updates and cool photos/vids!

It is going to be so awesome!!! I really don't understand why everyone thinks little caesars arena sounds so dumb. I mean yeah compared to Joe Lewis Arena or Illitch Center its dumb but its America and that is how it is. I mean at&t park, minute maid park and heck even Comerica. They are all stupid sellout names. I feel its just because the little caesars commercials are really lame and cheesy. That being said those xfinity commercials are the worst ever. I still think Illitch Center would have been the best. Even Little Caesars Center would be cool. The LCC has a nice ring too it.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

It is going to be so awesome!!! I really don't understand why everyone thinks little caesars arena sounds so dumb. I mean yeah compared to Joe Lewis Arena or Illitch Center its dumb but its America and that is how it is. I mean at&t park, minute maid park and heck even Comerica. They are all stupid sellout names. I feel its just because the little caesars commercials are really lame and cheesy. That being said those xfinity commercials are the worst ever. I still think Illitch Center would have been the best. Even Little Caesars Center would be cool. The LCC has a nice ring too it.

people are still getting used to the fact the wings next arena is going to be corporate named

people will get over it, just like the did with the tigers moving from tiger stadium to comerica park

It is going to be so awesome!!! I really don't understand why everyone thinks little caesars arena sounds so dumb. I mean yeah compared to Joe Lewis Arena or Illitch Center its dumb but its America and that is how it is.

Oh... Ok.. that means it's not dumb, then.

16 hours ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

How's this being paid for again? 

The team is paying for the arena, the public is funding the infrastructure, shops, housing, etc.

On 5/12/2016 at 7:45 PM, LeftWinger said:

Looks about the same, right?  

top_and_bottom.png