• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Steve Ott signs 1 year, $800k deal with Detroit

Rate this topic

Well buffalo still needs a goalie...

I thought they were going with Lehner. If we were to trade Howard to them they would be giving up an asset just to potentially lose him in the expansion draft so for that reason I think its unlikely. Unless Lehner is exempt? Don't recall the specifics on the rules.

Recent reports mention Kane has pissed off people in Buffalo too and could be on the outs. If these reports are true which wouldn't be surprising a deal around Howard and Kane could potentially make sense for both teams for different reasons, but that is only if they aren't losing one in the expansion draft shortly after.

I can dream =/

As for the Ott signing... I don't hate it, but lets be honest he was injured a lot of last year and is a shell from the agitator we remember him being. He is still excellent on draws, can kill some penalties, provide some grit, but I just fear he will struggle to stay healthy again.

Also don't understand why we need both him and miller. I get one or the other, but we have like way more 3rd and 4th liners than we really need.

Edited by DangleDangleBeach

I'm ok with this, but I'm not expecting he'll play much. 30 games or so.

Well, since this is a weak team without true 4th liners I expect him to play more than that. He's very good at face-offs, can work on PK and taking in consideration Miller's injury... He is going to play

A trade is obviously coming. Perhaps Mantha is in that deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really OBVIOUSLY coming? I mean really? This is the Red Wings we are talking about.

"To be honest with you Ive waited for this moment ever since I was drafted," Ott said. "Ive always wanted to be a Detroit Red Wing. Its my childhood team that I always grew up admiring with the teams and runs that they had with Steve Yzerman and the rest leading the way. It has always been a dream to wear the winged wheel and now that this has all come together this is the most exciting contract I have ever signed."

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=888384

Edited by amato

"To be honest with you Ive waited for this moment ever since I was drafted," Ott said. "Ive always wanted to be a Detroit Red Wing. Its my childhood team that I always grew up admiring with the teams and runs that they had with Steve Yzerman and the rest leading the way. It has always been a dream to wear the winged wheel and now that this has all come together this is the most exciting contract I have ever signed."

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=888384

Well. You have my loyalty as a fan Sir.

Edited by kickazz

Let's see if Ott can overcome the thug he was with the Blues, because he wants to be a Red Wing. Who doesn't? Besides Stamkos, I mean. I dislike Ott only slightly less than I despise Lucic so I guess I will just be happy we didn't end up with that mess in a Winged Wheel. For some reason, I am having uncomfortable flash-backs of Hatcher, here. Let's hope for a better result this time.

I hope he doesn't get his hopes up. The bloom will be off the rose soon enough when he's constantly scratched and traded for a conditional pick.

EDIT: Rose, not rise. Man, typing on my phone makes me sound like a...well..you know. Stupid auto-correct typos. Apple's is particularly persistent in misspelling or replacing words.