• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/25 GDT : Red Wings @ Devils : 7:30 PM ET

1 minute ago, CaliforniaWingsFan said:

Green!!! Offense looked great this game. What a welcome change. Petr needs to find his game. LGW! 

I tuned in at the beginning of the third, but we definitely looked a lot better tonight! We actually seemed to have chemistry, and not nearly as much dump and chase.

Great game offensively. We could have easily scored 7 or 8 goals tonight. But the D still clearly is extremely below average. It needs to be upgraded so badly. I didn't think this was a game Petr would do well to come in cold after not playing in a week because the Devils barely shoot, so it was hard for him to even get a feel for a puck, hopefully this win helps his confidence and he finds the A game that we know he is capable of for tomorrow against the Habs.

Main points:

- Mantha looks like a STUD. Not only is he scoring goals now, but he is winning every board battle possible. Just awesome. Wonder if stupid Blashill has anything negative to say about that

- Neilson had his best game. Just dominated all over the ice

- Nyquist continues to look really strong 

- Larkin had a great game, using his speed

- Our coaching staff continues to be stupid. Why do they insist on Kronwall and Green not switching sides for the one timer on our PP's?!?! Makes NO SENSE!

GO WINGS!

4 pts in 6 games for Mantha, 5 pts in 10 games for Sproul.  Mantha I'm not surprised about, but even with his defensive lapses, Sproul provides something on defense that besides him, only Green can give, and for that reason, at least thus far I'd rather he in over Oulette and Marchenko.

Had to step out in the middle of the game but was able to keep following along thanks to the wonders of mobile technology.

Fun game and a hard-fought win. Great to see Larkin and Mantha light the lamp. Mantha is playing fantastic hockey and I couldn't be happier about it.

I feel like if you replace Ott and Sheahan/Glendening with AA and Jurco...and locate Mrazek's lost mojo...and blow up the power play...and maybe change up the D pairings (DeKeyser may be our best left-side defenseman, but he is struggling mightily in his top-pairing role)...we might actually have a respectable playoff team.

We are officially on a winning spree. How about that.

I do agree with the posts about most things looking more fluent, especially the "forward stuff". Even our defense was a little better on handling pressure, albeit they are still way below what is desired. A Trouba or Lindholm would have done wonders back there.

Statistically I would say we are right where we were expected to be. As many said, I can't see us improving noticeably unless we get a fresh, skilled defenseman with an offensive touch and gods gift of passing laser beams on tape from our back end. In fact, we would probably need two of those.

Addon:

Mantha is ready. Shouldn't be going anywhere. And Ott needs to stay to protect Mantha and Larkin, at least this season. And waive Miller already. Bertuzzi is ready, for that role at the least.

Edited by Jacksoni

13 hours ago, CaliforniaWingsFan said:

Green!!! Offense looked great this game. What a welcome change. Petr needs to find his game. LGW! 

He will.  

30 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I AM ROLLING MY EYES AT YOU

Rolling my eyes at you ;)

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

Had to step out in the middle of the game but was able to keep following along thanks to the wonders of mobile technology.

Fun game and a hard-fought win. Great to see Larkin and Mantha light the lamp. Mantha is playing fantastic hockey and I couldn't be happier about it.

I feel like if you replace Ott and Sheahan/Glendening with AA and Jurco...and locate Mrazek's lost mojo...and blow up the power play...and maybe change up the D pairings (DeKeyser may be our best left-side defenseman, but he is struggling mightily in his top-pairing role)...we might actually have a respectable playoff team.

Jurco will not be an improvement.

24 minutes ago, kliq said:

You are really down on Jurco, huh. I get not expecting him to be some breakout star or anything, but the kid is only 23.

Right.

I mean, I wouldn't expect him to score at a point-per-game clip or anything. But, Is a healthy Jurco an improvement over Ott/Miller? Yes. At the very least, Jurco has high-end skill and is a strong possession player and has shown in the past that he has the ability/potential to be an impact player at the NHL level when he's utilized properly.

It's not like Ott, Miller, Sheahan, Glendening have been doing great things for us this season. Hell, our forward corps, on the whole, has been borderline inept.

17 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Great game offensively. We could have easily scored 7 or 8 goals tonight. But the D still clearly is extremely below average. It needs to be upgraded so badly. I didn't think this was a game Petr would do well to come in cold after not playing in a week because the Devils barely shoot, so it was hard for him to even get a feel for a puck, hopefully this win helps his confidence and he finds the A game that we know he is capable of for tomorrow against the Habs.

Main points:

- Mantha looks like a STUD. Not only is he scoring goals now, but he is winning every board battle possible. Just awesome. Wonder if stupid Blashill has anything negative to say about that

- Neilson had his best game. Just dominated all over the ice

- Nyquist continues to look really strong 

- Larkin had a great game, using his speed

- Our coaching staff continues to be stupid. Why do they insist on Kronwall and Green not switching sides for the one timer on our PP's?!?! Makes NO SENSE!

GO WINGS!

If this is how he reacts after getting time off, he won't be a starter. It's no different than coming back from injury, or the offseason, or even the All-Star break. Do we just take a few losses each time he doesn't play for a week at a time and allow him time to "warm up"? This is a bad excuse for someone playing at the highest professional level of any sport. 

35 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

If this is how he reacts after getting time off, he won't be a starter. It's no different than coming back from injury, or the offseason, or even the All-Star break. Do we just take a few losses each time he doesn't play for a week at a time and allow him time to "warm up"? This is a bad excuse for someone playing at the highest professional level of any sport. 

Or even between two rounds in the playoffs.