• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, xault said:

I want to like this pick... But I think we should of drafted Liljegren or traded back.

Apparently we could've done both.. but I imagine not many teams wanted to trade up with the amount of guys slipping. 

Lots of teams passing on Vilardi, wonder if they know something that's not public knowledge?

Rasmussen is big at least, might have looked better without being hurt. Who knows how any of these kids will look in 4 years.

I would have rather had Pettersson though

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Just now, DickieDunn said:

Lots of teams passing on Vilardi, wonder if they know something that's not public knowledge?

Rasmussen is big at least, might have looked better without being hurt. Who knows how any of these kids will look in 4 years.

I would have rather had Pettersson though

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Agree, people here are oblivious to that fact tho and still whine. 7 teams passed on him. 

Just now, Shepard88 said:

Larkin AA

Rasmussen Mantha 

4 of top 6 at some point if all pans out well. Speed line and size line! 

Are you sure Rasmussen will get to play in the NHL before Larkin/AA/Mantha retire?

12 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

Does anyone honestly have faith in Holland or the management team anymore? If so, could you mail me what you're smoking because my stuff isn't strong enough.

Nope, but my faith in this organization and specifically KH died when Lids retired.

Just now, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Holland yet again making a safe pick. Rasmussen mediocre offense and defensively. Good at Alot of things but not great at anything. 

He's not even good at a lot of things. He's a hundred feet taller than his peers, he hangs around the net, he puts in easy goals. That's Michael Rasmussen. He's not a high-skill player. He's not a playmaker. He's not a naturally gifted goal-scorer. He's not a two-way force. He's big. That's it.

I mean, I'm no NHL amateur scout. But, from where I stand, at this moment in time, this is an awful decision. Even if Vilardi or Liljegren isn't available and you have your heart set on Rasmussen, TRADE BACK A FEW SPOTS AND DRAFT HIM AT #13 OR WHATEVER.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Rasmussen becomes a franchise center. But, realistically, he's going to be another bottom-six grinder.