• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

The #1 guy in the 1st round I’d stay away from is Michael Rasmussen…Big guys who score at the rate Rasmussen does at 5v5 don’t work out. pic.twitter.com/B4aHKQ7d0I
— Zac Urback (@Zac_Urback) April 19, 2017

But....but... he's tall!!!!

1 minute ago, amato said:

Internet blogs told us to hate him so boooo Holland suuuuucks! 

I admit that before the pick I was hoping for Vilardi, but I cant say I hate or even dislike a pick for a guy that I have never seen play before. 

Just now, kliq said:

I admit that before the pick I was hoping for Vilardi, but I cant say I hate or even dislike a pick for a guy that I have never seen play before. 

Right. There were guys I wanted more but not based on watching them play so it's hard to be mad about picking one guy over another. Like it or not, we're cheering for Rasmussen now. Hope he exceeds expectations. 

10 minutes ago, kliq said:

For all the people bashing Rasmussen.....have any of you seen him play?

He's one of the few consensus North-American first-rounders I haven't seen in person. But I've watched stuff on YouTube and spoken to people who've seen him in person. Those people say he's effective but unremarkable.

Edited by Dabura

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We start the season with the team we have now I might watch one game to see how crappy they are and be done with it. The way I feel right now I have no faith in Holland. How can you go into the draft wanting one thing and come out with another. Vilardi was a slam dunk. Holland would have screwed up the first pick overall.

Yes I'm very angry

I understand what you're saying, and I'm frustrated as well, but I also didn't have a chubby for Vilardi to start.  He said they were going to concentrate on centers and defense... they got a big center who was ranked anywhere from 5-15, so I'm failing to see why the sky is necessarily falling.  Annoyed, sure, but 16 teams passed on Vilardi so maybe something was up with him that we didn't know about.

Seriously, did Rasmussen play around the net like that because that's all he could do or because that's what his coach wanted from him? If it's all he can do, probably and pick. If he can do more then could be a great pick.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

OK, I've vented and ingested some booze. I feel a little better.

Welcome aboard, Rasmussen. I hope you become the next Jesus Christ. If you fail to become the next Jesus Christ, I will boo you mercilessly at every opportunity.

#Family

5 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Here ya go, some 2016-17 highlights of our guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TicSWmJ_knY

I don't watch Jr Hockey, so I can't comment on other guys we passed on, but we can use a forward with size, who isn't afraid of going to the net.

Looks like he goes to the net, is impossible to move when he gets there, and thinks shoot first when he gets the puck. We could use more guys who think shoot first. 

16 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I understand what you're saying, and I'm frustrated as well, but I also didn't have a chubby for Vilardi to start.  He said they were going to concentrate on centers and defense... they got a big center who was ranked anywhere from 5-15, so I'm failing to see why the sky is necessarily falling.  Annoyed, sure, but 16 teams passed on Vilardi so maybe something was up with him that we didn't know about.

He went 11th not 17th

1 minute ago, amato said:

Looks like he goes to the net, is impossible to move when he gets there, and thinks shoot first when he gets the puck. We could use more guys who think shoot first. 

Right. What was one thing we were saying all year about the Wings? We weren't shooting enough. Again, I don't know the skill level of the guys we didn't pick, but guys who shoot the puck first are exciting to watch.