• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Former Wings

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, P. Marlowe said:

Of Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja and Derek Meech only Meech is still playing.

But Lilja's over 40. It would have been surprising if he was still playing.

For other former Wings, Gustavsson only played 7 games for the Oilers this year, had some horrible stats, and was waived a couple months ago.

...and - you can curse me if it starts the old, tired debate - no one's mentioned Hossa yet...

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

For other former Wings, Gustavsson only played 7 games for the Oilers this year, had some horrible stats, and was waived a couple months ago.

...and - you can curse me for starting the old complaints - no one's mentioned Hossa yet...

We dont mention traitors. Hossa is dead to me.

Spat on the floor of my kitchen when I saw his name. Worth it. 

1 hour ago, P. Marlowe said:

Of Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja and Derek Meech only Meech is still playing.

Jesus, I feel like you haven't posted since like 2008.  

22 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

...and - you can curse me for starting the old complaints - no one's mentioned Hossa yet...

Doesn't count as he was only passing through.  

Sounds like Nestrasil is done with Carolina.

I'm on the farm team, maybe it's all because of my injury. That bothers me. Right now I have the capability that I had last year. It's not even my fault I'm on the farm team, it's more the organisation's changes and decisions. They did, what I think, is best for them. And I'm down here.

They didn't give me much a chance after the injury. It's a big learning experience for me, that when it's about business and money, everyone starts caring about themselves and no one wants to help. Obviously exceptions exist, but I haven't run into any. When I first got hurt, they wanted to help and were promises me things all over the place. But when it came down it, they weren't willing to actually do anything.

I think Ron Francis likes me as a player. But the coach didn't want me. And now they're happy that I'm on the farm.

I'm done here, 100%, and I don't want to stay here. This was such a frustrating and mentally draining year that I'm not going to repeat it. Still fifteen games left, so we'll see. The worst part is that I'm playing for people and a team that doesn't want me. And now I don't want to play for them.

Link

Or shall we say, Carolina is done with Nestrasil.

On 3/29/2017 at 0:26 AM, DickieDunn said:

Sounds like he's being a whiny ***** and trying to blame the coach for his poor play. 5 points in 19 games even with an injury isn't going to help you stick around.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Gotta be the coaches fault as our offensive dynamo TinkyWinky has posted TEN POINTS in 74 games.

18 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Philly seems to be in love with "Flipidelphia" despite Val only having 6 pts and being -5 in 15 games. They are attributing Couturiers break out to Fils presence. I think tampa went thru the same honey moon before realizing how overrated he is.

He's really good for about half the time.  Every other year in Detroit he was really good, then the next year he'd be hurt or mediocre, then good, then mediocre, etc.

25 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

He's really good for about half the time.  Every other year in Detroit he was really good, then the next year he'd be hurt or mediocre, then good, then mediocre, etc.

Not really

• 36/78 = .46 ppg
  • 40/80 = .50 ppg
  • 35/55 = .64 ppg
  • 39/71 = .55 ppg
  • 66/81 = .81 ppg
  • 17/41 = .41 ppg
  • 58/75 = .77 ppg
  • 48/82 = .59 ppg
  • 31/76 = .41 ppg
  • 40/74 = .54 ppg

Couple notably good seasons, which happened to sandwich a sub-par season, but mostly just been a decent secondary scorer, or mediocre if you want to call it that.

Filppula had only one really good year here, when he played on a line with Zetterberg and Hudler.  That was a really nice line.

I hated losing Eaves, I'd have kept him over Miller, but no doubt the injuries didn't help his cause in KH's overbuilt roster world.  The difference between Eaves' and Miller's production since Eaves left, though, is staggering.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:01 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Philly seems to be in love with "Flipidelphia" despite Val only having 6 pts and being -5 in 15 games. They are attributing Couturiers break out to Fils presence. I think tampa went thru the same honey moon before realizing how overrated he is.

They're all mesmerized by his stunning good looks.  

19 hours ago, Buppy said:

Not really

• 36/78 = .46 ppg
  • 40/80 = .50 ppg
  • 35/55 = .64 ppg
  • 39/71 = .55 ppg
  • 66/81 = .81 ppg
  • 17/41 = .41 ppg
  • 58/75 = .77 ppg
  • 48/82 = .59 ppg
  • 31/76 = .41 ppg
  • 40/74 = .54 ppg

Couple notably good seasons, which happened to sandwich a sub-par season, but mostly just been a decent secondary scorer, or mediocre if you want to call it that.

His 3 best seasons each followed by a let down. That is kind of what Dickie was saying.

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

His 3 best seasons each followed by a let down. That is kind of what Dickie was saying.

I know what he was saying and why. What I was saying is that it was really only two particularly good seasons out of 10. Not so much "every other year really good".

And that 3rd best ppg season was also the 3rd worst in total points due to the injury, which would put it in the "hurt or mediocre" category, and break the "pattern". 

On 3/22/2017 at 11:51 AM, GMRwings1983 said:

So should we be praising Holland for moving these players, or criticizing him for having these players in the first place?

And what happened to Hudler?  He had 76 points in Calgary in 2015.  Did he get hurt?  

All it proves is that we as fans over value players, people get angry when Holland trades someone away but it's clear by these number that hardly anyone has panned out anywhere else. 

Another name that was going to change the world for us that I didn't see any mention of, is Chicken Parm Jr. How quickly he disappeared into never to be heard from again, land.

A quick look at the names listed here, makes me think we have a problem in scouting. A lot of these guys were 1st or 2nd rounders. That's quite a few misses that we were hoping that maybe a quarter of them would turn into usable players. It seems that we've done better in the last few years. Is that something that we have to call out Jim Nill for?

7 hours ago, Nondescript_D said:

Janmark isn't in the AHL...he had a really nice rookie season in Dallas in 15/16 and then tore up a knee or something and missed the whole season

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2016/09/30/mattias-janmark-knee-surgery-friday-minimum-5-6-months

Sounds like it could be his career

2 hours ago, Hairy Lime said:

Landon Ferraro. His father, Ray, was sometimes called "Chicken Parm". 

Boston didn't give him a qualifying offer as an RFA and he signed with the Blues.  Sent to the minors and hurt his ACL in December and missed the rest of the year.  Another guy that people were upset about losing "for nothing" because they thought he had trade value when he didn't.

One dude on redwingcenter lost his mind about it.  Said Ferraro was going to be a 20 goal a year guy in the NHL and the Wings were stupid.