• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringBack19

Report: Detroit to name Steve Yzerman as GM

Rate this topic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clickondetroit.com/sports/report-detroit-red-wings-to-introduce-steve-yzerman-as-general-manager

He has been brought back, time for a new screen name... Maybe BringBackStanley20?

Edited by BringBack19
Adding press conference info

9 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clickondetroit.com/sports/report-detroit-red-wings-to-introduce-steve-yzerman-as-general-manager

He has been brought back, time for a new screen name... Maybe BringBackStanley20?

Beat me to it.

Big news!

2 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

I double and triple checked to make sure this wasn't a joke this morning.  I had a really strong feeling this was going to happen, but still I'm pretty excited!

Yeah, I've been saying for weeks this was "guaranteed" to happen, but still pretty pumped to see it becoming "official"...

Lots of people called this like 4 years ago when both Yzerman and Holland signed reflective contract extensions. 

This was the plan all along. He was assistant here went to Tampa and got the experience in Tampa he needed. 

Usually don’t leave your family here to go work somewhere else if it’s long term.

This move is fan service for the most part, but Yzerman is also a good GM so it all works out in the end.

Edited by kickazz

I am not so sure I want a GM whose team got swept in the first round...Just kidding...

Now I wonder how fast Tampa screams tampering. 

Holy crap this is sooo lining up ...

#Number of cup rings/Retired Jersey number/Playing Jersey number  

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added...

9 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am not so sure I want a GM whose team got swept in the first round...Just kidding...

Now I wonder how fast Tampa screams tampering. 

I honestly believe he'll get 'released' from his contract pretty soon (if he hasn't been already).

They seem to have a legit owner, and front office who have their $hit together (regardless of their early demise).

They'll compensate Tampa with a 3rd round pick.

I am so excited about this. We all have been expecting this, but it doesn't make it less exciting. The prodigal son has returned! My excitement for this team has just multiplied by 10000%, litterally, my hands are shaking. I haven't had much to be excited about, especially with the 1 year coming up, but this makes me happy. 

...on a side note, how long until he puts #91 in the rafters? Also, the season ticket phone lines have crashed by now I expect! :lol:

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

They'll compensate Tampa with a 3rd round pick.

I am so excited about this. We all have been expecting this, but it doesn't make it less exciting. The prodigal son has returned! My excitement for this team has just multiplied by 10000%, litterally, my hands are shaking. I haven't had much to be excited about, especially with the 1 year coming up, but this makes me happy. 

...on a side note, how long until he puts #91 in the rafters? Also, the season ticket phone lines have crashed by now I expect! :lol:

Isn't that the owner's decision?

So, what is his first move? Just like a few have us have mentioned, he's probably been evaluating the team throughout the season, so he may have some ideas already. 

Also, he must be a fan of Blashill or I'm sure he would've not have been extended. Stevie probably was involved in that decision.