• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jimmyemeryhunter

Reddit red wings thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, jimmyemeryhunter said:

Hey guys, I know I havent been online in a while, but come on over to reddit at

https://www.reddit.com/r/detroitredwings

r/detroitredwings is great for breaking news and fun facts, but reddit conversations are so surface level and lacking depth.

Comments like "Yzerman is lit fam, rise to the top" and real discussion goes unnoticed.

It's also completely lacking in any sense of comradery or community. On LGW I know who has something between their ears and who's full of s***. I know who favors rebuilding and who favors going for the cup. I know who follows prospects and knows there stuff and who doesn't. Reddit is full of randos and you have no idea who you're talking to on a daily basis.

Call it clicky and highschoolish, but I'd say the true hardcores are still at LGW. Only the fairweathers make their way to reddit. Reddit is a dying site anyway... you're about 4 or 5 years late to the party there Jiim. I give it 3 more years before most users have moved on to the next thing. Reddit lost a lot of its luster in the past 2 years as they've tried to go corporate mainstream. Same thing happened to Dig before them.

If you like LGW and want something more involved for the time being, go to HF boards. Reddit is s***. 

9 hours ago, jimmyemeryhunter said:

I'm so sorry Jimmy.  I used to like you. It's like I dont even know who you are anymore. RIP brotherman 

15 hours ago, jimmyemeryhunter said:

don't trust him, he's a Russian Sleeper.

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

r/detroitredwings is great for breaking news and fun facts, but reddit conversations are so surface level and lacking depth.

...If you like LGW and want something more involved for the time being, go to HF boards. Reddit is s***. 

cool story, bro, but... wtf is Reddit?

I stumbled on it recently, and one of the first threads I found on the Red Wings reddit was something along the lines of "Have you ever used letsgowings.com?" and I felt obligated to reply.

It is good for up to the minute news and developments, i'll give it that. I'm not huge on reddit as a platform in general though, i'm just now looking into it a bit more. 

13 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I stumbled on it recently, and one of the first threads I found on the Red Wings reddit was something along the lines of "Have you ever used letsgowings.com?" and I felt obligated to reply.

It is good for up to the minute news and developments, i'll give it that. I'm not huge on reddit as a platform in general though, i'm just now looking into it a bit more. 

I still use reddit a lot. I don't normally post there, but it's still a great social aggregation website.

Like facebook or any social site, they went through the period of being lawless and edgy and everyone migrated there. But, like facebook and all sites, once the user base got huge they started to try find ways to monetize and become safer for advertisers. That meant reeling in all the things that made them popular to begin with. That started like 4 or 5 years ago now. I'd say they're on their death spiral, but if you only use r/hockey or r/detroitredwings it's great for new updates if you don't wanna comb twitter.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Roast of the Red Wings on Reddit today

Some funny ones:

Be me, big Wings fan

Get up and admire my picture of Yzerman, Datsyuk, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Chelios, and Hasek on the same play

sof***inggood.gif

Have 19 Wings Jerseys, only one for an active player unfortunately

Throw on my Larkin jersey

Head Downtown with my buds talking about how great Downtown Detroit is

Can't tell what's a pothole, patch job, or actual road

Get downtown and pay $40 for parking, still have to walk a few miles

"Detroits coming back!"

Game starts 20 minutes late because of the "Red Wings history" video on the jumbotron

Wings score but I’m not sure, didn’t hear the goal horn

Wings up 3-1 after 2

f*** yeah

In our dzone for 5 minutes, one timer past Howard

Perfect 2 on 1 offensive rush, Abdelkator doesn’t catch the pass

Ericsson gives up the puck, break away, they score

3-3

Lose in overtime

loserpoint.jpg

can't even tank correctly smh

“Larkin got 2 pts tonight, give him the C”

"We'll return to our former glory someday"

Renew my season tickets after the game

Drive home saying “Driving on 75 is bumpier than when I go up north off roading”

More

It's tough. You can't just rest on your laurels and legacy and expect that to sustain you in such a competitive environment. Others have adapted to the modern era, but you guys were stuck in the past a bit too long. Plus all those bloated and overpaying contracts you're stuck with that many people in the industry cite as huge disadvantages. I think a lot of people actually secretly want to see you do well to help out the city of Detroit itself, but a lot of us are just resigned to the fact that you'll be irrelevant for years to come.

But enough about the big 3 automakers.

Sigh

Nothing anyone says in here will hurt more than knowing Justin Abdelkader is signed through at least 2023.