• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

If Jarnkrok is indeed leaving for Sweden it's a good deal. Otherwise I stay pissed. I hadn't heard anything about him leaving until today honestly.

Obviously he won't wanna stay with the preds... If I was him I'd leave for Sweden now till his entry contract is over

almost any center including Legwand can play wing. Most of the wings cannot play center. And we need a center now! Is this so difficult to get?

Yea...its very difficult. Unless Jarnkrok was trying to be Radulov...i would rather us miss the playoffs and keep Jarnkrok than trade him for a pittance. Its not worth losing a guy like that to try to make the playoffs without Z, Pav, possibly Helm now and all our other daily injuries.

Bob McKenzie on TSN saying that reports are Jarnkrok is supposed to be going back to Sweden with a deal to play there next season. If that's true, that's why he was included in the deal. So much whining and crying for a player that may not have seen the light of day in Detroit. Get over it, kids, prospects come and go. Some succeed, some don't. And the Wing have had plenty over the years that were rated high and when they played in the NHL were duds. It happens.

I think people are a bit quick to stomp on the panic button here. What a lot of you aren't considering is Jarnkrok's verbal desire to return to Europe and play hockey over there. If that is the case down the line, Eaves and a 3rd for Legwand isn't bad, especially if Legwand re-signs here.

Look at how many we have injured and Eaves still barely makes the line-up. We have a lot of players that can fill in his role. A 3rd might equate to a bottom 6 forward in 5-6 years, the rarity of getting a gem in the 3rd doesn't outweigh the risk.

A lot of this decision was based around Jarnkrok potentially pulling a Kovalchuk and bailing out of the NHL system. If that happens, a lot of you are gonna feel better about this deal. I'm assuming management knows more about this scenario than we do.

Take a deep breath, this isn't the end of the world.

Even if Jarnkrok IS leaving for Sweden next year this is still a HUGE overpayment. Way too much of a risk. Eaves a third and Ferraro would have been more than fair.

If he decides he likes it in Nashville this trade is very likely going to haunt us for years.

And now the phase begins where Wings fans lie to themselves and play UP Jarnkroks skill and potential to disguise this as a horrible trade.

Fixed it for you.

We have way too many people thinking that Jarnkrok was a top tier talented prospect. The fact of the matter is that he wasn't. He was a above average rated prospect with a C level probability of success. I have watched this guy in Grand Rapids, and while he is good, he isn't elite by any stretch of the imagination.