• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Yzerman Reportedly Playing in Alumni Game Against Colorado

Rate this topic

it's not like a 'real' game, it's for fun... although I hope the old Wings stomp the living hell out of the Avs. Oops... :blushing:

I would love it if Mickey was skating and playing, love the helmetless silver-haired fox that he still is... guy still has hockey smarts and chops out there, too!

Definitely surprised considering his position for TB and their current debacle with Drouin getting a lot of press, though that will probably (hopefully) blow over by the time this game happens. As opposed to Roy and Sakic playing in the game, they can just walk across the street for it.

But will comment that it will be great, the Wings-Avs rivalry really defined that era of DRW for me. I do not doubt that Stevie, and all others, will be there and won't miss their chance to pay respects to their teammates and maybe more importantly, their opponents.

I ask myself this question everyday.. What if Stevie Y never inspired Hockeytown?

Stevie was definitely a huge part of booming up hockeytown when I was growin up.

But something tells me Mike Illitch and family would have gotten this team back on track no matter what.