• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Fixing this mess....

Rate this topic

Did you listed Lucic as a Def?

Salary cap for the next year should be around $73M

Whoops - was thinking about Yandle. Point remains - Lucic is getting paid next year.

As I addressed in my post, the $73M cap gets exceeded the moment you consider salary retention and buyouts. It still doesn't work.

I'm with you on Backes, but I will punch my own self in the face repeatedly at center ice and delay any game from starting if we sign the piece of s*** that is Lucic.

Lol fair enough. There's also Okposo.

We need a guy with some passion who is big and would score. (Lucic meets those qualities but if BoS is going to punch herself then I'd rather not have us sign him)

Edited by kickazz

Which would ownership and management prefer?

(A) Make the playoffs, earn millions of dollars in playoff revenue even for a first round loss, and keep the Streak alive.

-or-

(B) Miss the playoffs, end the Streak, and move up 4-6 spots in the draft.

Anyone who thinks the Wings do not prefer option (A) needs to reevaluate.

i know that and I understand it but is it worth risking long-term playoff revenue? Because that's exactly what will happen if this team doesn't add some serious talent soon.

As great as Loooch would be I don't think he will want to come here, guy wants to win another cup while still being in his prime. I think he either stays with the Kings or is going home to Vancouver which of course would mean, no playoffs for the first time since forever for him

Edited by frankgrimes

I'm with you on Backes, but I will punch my own self in the face repeatedly at center ice and delay any game from starting if we sign the piece of s*** that is Lucic.

I will too... I mean, not punch you in the face, but myself... we will both be falling down at center ice. We don't need this sort of player, I prefer a decent team with players I can be proud of, win or lose.

Would love to have Lucic in Detroit but it wont happen: he's not Kenny type of player, he will either resign with LA, go to Vancouver or end up in Toronto after Babs saying that Toronto will need to address toughness and size after Buffalo game.

Matt Martin would be nice option for bottom 6 but he's not Kenny's type either: same issue as Lucic... they are too agressive.

Kyle Okposo is not that big and not constantly physical.

Lucic-Z-Larkin

Abby-Dats-Okposo/Ladd/Backes

Mantha-AA-Svenichkov (sp)/DSP

Baby Bert-LG-Martin

Miller

DeKe-Shatty (some package of 2 players from: Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/She/Pulks/Errorson, add Ouellet and 2017 2nd)

Kronwall-Green

Smith-Gudas/Prout

Veteran FA 7th def

Mrazek

Condon (as backup)

What will Kenny do?

Probably sign Jason Williams and Sammy for the 73rd time. Invite Lilja, Krupp to camp if he needs some size and toughness, Cory Cross as a offensive def (he scored in his first Red Wings game) and I can see either Gilchrist/Deveraux/Brown coming back too.

Edited by Dominator2005

Loooch, Matt Martin and Colton Orr this would once and for all end the mantra of the Wings being pushed around.

But fixing this mess starts with fixing the defense and if the scouts aren't able to draft promising defenders than it's time to add some scouts from Nashville. I mean how did they find Roman Josi? Unbelievable

If Sheahan gets Helm money after the year he's had, then something is seriously wrong. If he gets anything north of $1.5M, Holland needs to be fired. Same goes with Pulkkinen, if he gets north of $1M, Holland is a fool.

That being said, they probably will, and that there lies the problem. Holland overpays under performing talent. Then low balls the players we need. Or at least doesn't attempt to outbid any other team for them. Holland is the problem.

The thing with businesses is that there's never enough money. They could make more money than the rest of the league combined and priority will always be on revenue.

Mr. I. always said that you don't buy a pro team to get rich, you get rich to buy a pro team. Christopher needs to learn that lesson if this is his idea of how to run the team.

Mr. I. always said that you don't buy a pro team to get rich, you get rich to buy a pro team. Christopher needs to learn that lesson if this is his idea of how to run the team.

well if he wants more money ice a better, more entertaining team.

I hope, Chris is more like his father instead of someone who only cares about the bottom, that would be disappointing

Holland has been known to overpay for "top" UFA's on the open market, but he never overpays homegrown RFA's. There's no way Sheahan or Pulkkinen get more than $3M between them. Marchenko, DeKeyser and Mrazek will all get fair contracts as well.

Sheahan - $1.25M - 1.75M

Pulkkinen - $0.95M - 1.25M

Marchenko - $0.95M - 1.25M

DeKeyser and Mrazek are a little harder to judge because they are both cornerstones of this team, so it depends on term, but I have full confidence that they'll both be re-signed to very good deals.

Danny D. is a Michigan boy and part of the defensive future of this team. I would go as far as calling him the Wings best and most reliable defender ... so if course his contract starts at least with 6 mill. per.

Pulkinnen should be traded he doesn't provide anything he is too one dimendional.

Danny D. is a Michigan boy and part of the defensive future of this team. I would go as far as calling him the Wings best and most reliable defender ... so if course his contract starts at least with 6 mill. per.

Pulkinnen should be traded he doesn't provide anything he is too one dimendional.

Good god no. Dekeyser has had a very average season and im my opinion has fell off quite a bit from his potential. No way do we pay him 6 million. That'd be a joke. He's a number 2 dman at best. His passing isn't great and he has below average offensive instinct.

Good god no. Dekeyser has had a very average season and im my opinion has fell off quite a bit from his potential. No way do we pay him 6 million. That'd be a joke. He's a number 2 dman at best. His passing isn't great and he has below average offensive instinct.

Defense isn't based on offense. On a team that's loaded with defense yes but as far as the Wings are concerned he is the best.

the going rate for a number 2 defenseman is around 6 mill so it would make sense.

Holland has been known to overpay for "top" UFA's on the open market, but he never overpays homegrown RFA's. There's no way Sheahan or Pulkkinen get more than $3M between them. Marchenko, DeKeyser and Mrazek will all get fair contracts as well.

Sheahan - $1.25M - 1.75M

Pulkkinen - $0.95M - 1.25M

Marchenko - $0.95M - 1.25M

DeKeyser and Mrazek are a little harder to judge because they are both cornerstones of this team, so it depends on term, but I have full confidence that they'll both be re-signed to very good deals.

Abdelkader? Holland does a good job keeping his young guys very manageable but he's overpaid his UFA's... Q, E and Abby... Debatable if they're overpaid but they definitely didn't take hometown discounts

DeKeyser's contract will bum some people out

Again there are players on this team that will be here next year. Z, Datsyuk, Abby, Kronwall, Ericsson, Green will all be here. Between the large salaries, the NTC's, and the declining returns all will return. Larkin, AA, Mantha, Dekeyser, and Mrazek will be here-they are the future of our team. That is 11 of the 23 man roster. I fully expect Marchenko, Oullett, and Sproul to all be on the team-if they are not we will lose them for nothing on waivers. That makes 14 and leaves 9 spots left to fill. Svechnikov will be in GR. Everyone else we own can be moved in the right deal.

Best guess on next years cap is about 74 million. The 14 players listed will cost us about 48 million after we resign DD @ 6 and Mrazek @ 3 and Marchenko @ 1.5. That leaves us with 26 million to spend and we need to add 9 more players to fill out the roster. The breakdown is we need to add:

1 goalie

1 or 2 Dman if one of Oullett, Sproul, or Marchenko is moved...

7 or 8 forwards

joesuff, I said RFA's, not UFA's. And despite what people think of Abdelkader's contract, the cap hit is very good for what he brings to this team, the term is just a little longer than some of us would have liked. Overall, it's not an awful contract, and shouldn't hamper us too much in the future. I expect most of us to be very pleased with DeKeyser's contract, and I don't see him signing for anything close to $6M...

The way coaching and the media hype DeKeseyer up it seems he's going to inherit the #1 tag in Detroit. I think he'll be like a Dan Giardi type, questionable on both ends of the ice but still doing a good job playing a lot of minutes

I like DeKesyer and I think he has a good chance to be a top 15-20 defensmen when you factor in what he does on both ends but this D lineup needs more depth. Offensive depth

This is what I figure sounds fair for our RFA's:

Marchenko $850K to $1M

Dekeyser $4.25Mish

Mrazek $3.75Mish

Pulk $850K - $1M

Sheahan $1M - $1.5M

I'd take Helm back for no more than $3M tops. Unfortunately we know Holland will give him Abby money and cripple us even more with overpaid bottom 6er's. Again, Nyquist has got to go, period. If Holland keeps the same team next season because he has no cap space, we are in for a long drought of playoff misses. I don't even know why we have the talks, we all know he is going to re-sign KFQ, Helm and possibly Ricahrds and Miller. He likes his team, amnd that's not even being sarcastic on my part, he actually likes his team. Lest we forget the Franzen return factor next season. That will be our addition.

Edited by LeftWinger

Don't wish to come across as a ranting lunatic, but what I'd like to know is how this team would look with a new coaching staff...I get the feeling that no matter who Holland signs/trades for - we'll be in the same spot this time next year.

The bald guy definitely has to go.