• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

02/07 GDT : Columbus Blue Jackets 3, at Red Wings 2 (OT)

...and the refs strike again. There has to be some kind of fine for blatant non calls like that that lead right to a goal. Especially a game winning goal.

This is why I can't stand watching this s***. When your team is battling for a spot and the refs take the game right away from them...typical bulls***. You cannot NOT call that in OT. 

3 minutes ago, brett said:

i dont care about the call. but what the f*** mrazek. was in position and completely misses the puck

I wasn't gonna go there, he played a great 2nd and 3rd, but damn if he wasn't 12 feet out of his net, had the angle, and just flat out missed it. DeKeyser did the right thing on a 3 on 2 and took the middle guy and let Mraz face the shooter, it shouldn't have gone in.

7 minutes ago, MotorCityMadness said:

Anybody wish Hank would just go off and call the official(s) out? Not his style I get it, but would be kind of nice to see some fire or anger

You can't force people do be a hardass. 

What I wonder is wtf the assistant captains of this team are doing? Anyone else feel like Abdelkader has been useless with that "A"? Draper always had Lidstrom's back. Shanahan always had Yzerman's back when it came to the Press and Referees. 

Edited by kickazz

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The fine for calling out refs is peanuts compared to salary. It'd be nice just to hear someone say the refs blew it.

I agree entirely, and there should be accountability. There should be fines for the refs when they let something this major slip away, suspensions and disciplinary action. How many striped sweaters are out on the ice and not a single one of them says "Hey, he blatantly slashed his stick and broke it, that's against the rules?"

If I screw up at work, I get written up. If you screw up enough you get fired. I don't see why it should be any different in sports refereeing.

2 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I wasn't gonna go there, he played a great 2nd and 3rd, but damn if he wasn't 12 feet out of his net, had the angle, and just flat out missed it. DeKeyser did the right thing on a 3 on 2 and took the middle guy and let Mraz face the shooter, it shouldn't have gone in.

Mrazek admitted in a postgame interview that he had a clear view of the shooter, but the shot fooled him and snuck over his shoulder. Said it was a great shot by Jones.

His save on a breakaway earlier where the D was sleeping and a BJ'S player snuck behind them, took a pass, and went in alone made up for it though I think.

Edited by chaps80

I'm clearly in the minority here.....sometimes a shot just is better than the goalie.  top corner slap shot from point blank from a right handed dman over the glove....good shot

if you wanna ***** about the 2nd goal....definitely....

the first goal....maybe (bit of bad luck on that one but still not good)

I also didn't think that should have been a penalty on the Z slash....he barely even touched his stick....certainly wasn't a two hander...those sticks are garbage and break as soon as they have a knick in them.

I agree a nick in the stick and the stick breaks just leaning on it. But I'm not 100% sure but off the face off z stick broke and he got a brand new one from the bench and that's the one that broke. Call would've went either way. Happy we find ways to get one point. Gotta figure out how to grab the extra point more though

19 hours ago, kickazz said:

Referees have way too much power for absolutely no reason at all. That's why Dennis Wideman took things into his own hands last year. 

they have that much power just for one sole reason: league will never ever admit referee mistake let alone punish one.

Edited by ami

On 2/7/2017 at 9:21 PM, Hockeymom1960 said:

Why not?  I like a player that can play and stand up for himself or his team mates.  

On 2/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, kliq said:

Because of the risk of concussion and broken hand/fingers.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, Hockeymom1960 said:

He'll be fine.  

On 2/7/2017 at 9:26 PM, kliq said:

There is absolutely zero basis to that statement. You dont want your top players fighting, because fighting increases a players chances of being injured significantly. There is no debate there. 

This was a convo we had about Mantha fighting back in February, I hope my point is now made with Mantha going out for the season with a fractured finger from fighting which is exactly what my concern was centered around.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/03/30/red-wings-anthony-mantha-injury/99852946/