• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

We are about a page deep in the trade thread, probably about half a page more than he deserves lol.  The facts :

- Jurco isn't very good

- 0 points this year

- 7 goals in his last 123 games

- We got a decent pick for him

- Bye Jurco

1 minute ago, puckbags said:

We are about a page deep in the trade thread, probably about half a page more than he deserves lol.  The facts :

- Jurco isn't very good

- 0 points this year

- 7 goals in his last 123 games

- We got a decent pick for him

- Bye Jurco

Yeah good value for him.. hope he gets his career on track. Holland did good here. 

Sucks to see the Jurco/Wings story end this way, but it had to happen. For whatever reason he wasn't clicking here, and I don't think things would have turned around. Hopefully this 3rd rounder turns into a good player. Not to mention he asked to be traded.

I'm surprised Holland was able to get a 3rd for him.

Best of luck to Jurco.

Edited by kliq

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We got a lot more for jurco than I expected but I believe he'll make the wings look like fools for trying to make him a grinder and giving up on him

And what has he ever done that would even suggest that's a possibility? You make your chances, he was never good at any role on this team.  He's just not that good. Classic case of a fan base over valuing a guy. 

1 minute ago, puckbags said:

And what has he ever done that would even suggest that's a possibility? You make your chances, he was never good at any role on this team.  He's just not that good. Classic case of a fan base over valuing a guy. 

Classic case of fan base over valuing a guy???  So why did Chicago give us a 3rd?? Classic case  of a team watching utube video of a guy playing with a puck?

he kept getting scratched here and forced to be a grinder , he'll breakout with the hawks, he's got the size,skills and can skate .... He'll be more than fine in Chicago 

How much of an opportunity does a guy need?  It might click for him elsewhere, but clearly he wasn't going to here.

Hope the pick is good... couldn't really be worse (not saying he's awful, just that he clearly didn't have a role here).

Posted in TD thread, didn't want to be here so Holland went "meh okay"

"Things haven't worked out here," general manager Ken Holland told the Free Press. "He and his agent let it be known he'd like to be elsewhere. He is restricted this summer and probably wouldn't have stayed, so we did the deal."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/02/24/detroit-red-wings-tomas-jurco/98368816/

Not all that much of a trade for Holland to make when Chicago were looking at him for 6 weeks and he wanted out, but kudos on a 3rd!

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Classic case of fan base over valuing a guy???  So why did Chicago give us a 3rd?? Classic case  of a team watching utube video of a guy playing with a puck?

he kept getting scratched here and forced to be a grinder , he'll breakout with the hawks, he's got the size,skills and can skate .... He'll be more than fine in Chicago 

So you are saying he was a overrated and that he's not close to as good as people say he is, but he is going to make the Wings look stupid because he will breakout.

Your talking out both ends here. Either you think he was a bad player from the start and will not amount to anything, or you think he was a good pick but was not used well. You cant say he was a bad pick, a bad player, but will be more then fine in Chicago.

4 minutes ago, Wing Across The Pond said:

Not all that much of a trade for Holland to make when Chicago were looking at him for 6 weeks and he wanted out, but kudos on a 3rd!

The fact that he got a third for a player who was likely out in the summer and had zero points this year is impressive IMO. I was expecting teams to offer up some closer to a mid to low end pick thinking the Wings had no choice but to bite.

5 minutes ago, kliq said:

The fact that he got a third for a player who was likely out in the summer and had zero points this year is impressive IMO. I was expecting teams to offer up some closer to a mid to low end pick thinking the Wings had no choice but to bite.

No doubt. I know it'll be a low 3rd but could up the prices of other pieces on this team now

Couldn't stay out of the press box, in 3 1/2 seasons with the big club. Call it a case of mismanagement if you want, but he didn't show anyone in the organization any of the promise that he did when he was drafted. Best of luck, Jurco. 

In related news. More reason to hope for a first round choke job from Chicago.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

So you are saying he was a overrated and that he's not close to as good as people say he is, but he is going to make the Wings look stupid because he will breakout.

Your talking out both ends here. Either you think he was a bad player from the start and will not amount to anything, or you think he was a good pick but was not used well. You cant say he was a bad pick, a bad player, but will be more then fine in Chicago.

When did I say he was overrated and not as good as people say he is?

28 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Good trade. There must have been a couple teams interested in Jurco if the Hawks gave up a 3rd for him.

Let's get all the draft picks we can.

3  3rd rounders ?  Hope to god were still not paying for that sadowy trade 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture
Errors

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Love Jurco, wish he was given more of an opportunity in Detroit. I think he will prove to be well worth the pick for Chicago. 

Well, I'm sorry for your loss there.  I don't know how you can love him with that complete lack of production in a now not-so-small sample size.  Whatever, though, to each their own.  But, for me, a 3rd round pick beats a guy that will never play every time.  And it's become clear that he is (pretty much) never going to play in Detroit.  He's been a complete flop here and never come even close to living up to the considerable hype on him.  Based on what he's done here, I think the 3rd round pick will prove to be well worth Jurco for Detroit.

I guess it doesn't really matter if he does turn out to be something better in Chicago.  There's no way he's going to suddenly be something that would've turned this team around.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We got a lot more for jurco than I expected but I believe he'll make the wings look like fools for trying to make him a grinder and giving up on him

You say this about every prospect traded though...

I think it's a lot more likely that Jurco turns it around in Chicago, than anything in the 85-90 range becoming an impact NHLer. Jurco never did get a legit shot here and he likely never would, so I guess in that sense it's a good trade. I just wish as a rebuilding team we would trade off some of the older players, not the 24 year old kid...