• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

So today via Twitter The Penguins asked fans to submit questions for James Neal.

Hilarity ensues...

Some examples...

Flyers Nation ‏@FlyersNation  3h
James, do you get the biggest thrill out of kneeing someone in the head or cross checking them in the head? #AskNeal

John Forsyth ‏@blackbear93  1h
#askneal if you could go back in time and end the career of any player in NHL history who would you choose?

Steph ‏@myregularface  1h
Is it more rewarding to score a goal or concuss another human? #AskNeal

Greg ‏@GDubs10  2h
. @penguins Hey James, long time fan first time tweeter. What's your favorite hockey play? The Flying V or the Flying Elbow? #askneal

Jeff Mehmel ‏@ThaBKeeper  2h
Have you ever cross checked or kneed your grandma in the head?  Stupid question.  Of course you have, you're James Neal #askneal @penguins

Steph ‏@myregularface  2h
If you could have any super power, how would you use it to hit opponents in the head? #askneal

Mike From Attleboro ‏@MikeFromATown  2h
How does one go about playing as dirty as you do while fighting less than the Swiss? #AskNeal

If Crosby wasn't your teammate, would you try to knee him in the head or use a different body part to contact his head? #askneal

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#2 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

that's fantastic

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#3 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Disgruntled Zamboni Driver

• PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

OMG how did I miss out on this? *bangs head on desk*

5_zps63dcf56d.jpg

"The Russian Five"    

#4 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

POPULAR

Why bang your own head when you could get Neal to do it for you?

#5 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

A few more good ones:

Cameron Harlacher @Cam_Harlacher 6m

What is the optimal flex on your stick to get the perfect cross check? #AskNeal

Jack @jackconnors410 4m

If you could only injure one more player for the rest of your career, who would it be? #AskNeal

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#6 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I Know. I have so many enlightening questions to ask. 

Like: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, does it mean that you got away with an elbow?

Edited by wings87, 24 March 2014 - 06:41 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#7 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

This is hilarious! Did he respond to any of these?

#8 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

This is hilarious! Did he respond to any of these?

Probably not, he just cross-checked his computer. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#9 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

This is the greatest thing I've seen all day.

#10 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Greg ‏@GDubs10  2h
. @penguins Hey James, long time fan first time tweeter. What's your favorite hockey play? The Flying V or the Flying Elbow? #askneal

This one killed me :lol:

Gotta love modern social media.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#11 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

If you could have any super power, how would you use it to hit opponents in the head? #askneal

FTW

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#12 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

While we're on the subject of Neal, former NHL ref Paul Stewart uses Neal as an example of what a joke the NHL is when it comes to discipline. 

What I am talking about there is a player who pushes things too far and becomes more of a detriment than a help to his team. The NHL does not hold this player accountable and, thus far, neither have the leaders in his dressing room.

Sean Avery was like that. When he was a rookie with Detroit and starting up with some of after-the-whistle and behind-the-play the antics he'd become infamous for, I once pinned him to the boards with my forearm and told him to cut the nonsense or I'd personally splatter him on the ice.This past Thursday, Neal was at the center of yet another incident. In a game against the Detroit Red Wings, Neal went head-hunting with a cross check directly to the head of opposing forward Luke Glendening. Neal had time and opportunity to make a legal check but instead delivered a high hit with the stick that, at absolute best, was reckless and stupid. At worst, he was deliberately trying to cause injury.

The NHL and its Department of Player Safety pays lip service to wanting to stamp out hits to the head. They claim to weigh past history in the formula for suspension. They say intent is considered. So what the hell happened here? Beats me.

He also points out how by the NHL's own policy on diving, Neal should've been suspended for getting his third embellishment penalty.  

To recap, last month Neal got his third strike under the diving protocol. He was given a break. This month, Neal was guilty of at least the seventh League-reviewed play in his career for a reckless or dirty hit. He was given a break again, in the same season where there was no choice but to banish him for five games for kneeing an opponent in the head.

The NHL has sent a message to James Neal that he can do as he pleases until the next time he causes an injury. Flagged repeatedly for diving? That's OK, just sit your two minutes and be on your way. Rinse, wash, repeat. It makes my blood boil and the gets those old enforcer instincts of mine running on red alert.

http://www.hockeybuz...h8230/196/58889

#13 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

This thread is gold. It's James Neal's version of Chuck Norris jokes.

#14 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

10/10 would definitely recommend for the lulz

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#15 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

OHMYGOD!  Is this possibly the greatest thing EVER?  I'm dying over here reading all the #AskNeal responses.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#16 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

roflbot.jpg

#17 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Joe Conidi ‏@JoeConidi  35m
#AskNeal Why do players keep trying to victimize you with vicious headbutts to your knees and elbows?

lol

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#18 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

I love how some of the penguins fans are even jumping in! Haha

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#19 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

This brings me so much joy and amusement. Just when I thought Twitter had run it's course...

roflbot.jpg

Love it.

-Elliot

#20 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

If I could #AskNeal anything: If you owned a bar, how cheap would your shots be? #AskNeal @jneal_18

Jake @jakeMa85  3h

If you could go anywhere in the world which city would you knee in the head? #askneal

This is absolutely awesome, love it. They should do ask Malkin, or Crosby next