• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Things you would like to see for 2015-16 Season

Rate this topic

Who would you like to see traded? Back? retired and what changes would you look forward to going into next season I really would love to see us be alittle more aggressive come FA but whats your ideal roster? can be anything just interested to see where everyone stands on going forward with this team do we stay intact for the most part or go all out

Edited by sjr2012

Same as it's been the last 4-5 years...

I would like it if we could just find one legitimate 3-4 defenseman. Not some bulls***ty 5-6-7 defenseman that you have to twist and turn in your head to imagine fitting into a 3-4 spot, but someone who's fully deserving of the spot. Someone who on this team could probably then slide into a 1-2 spot the way things have gone.

I really don't think this is too much to ask.

A legitimate center and a legitimate defenseman that can play 27+ minutes a game and a PURE goal scorer.

Wishful thinking. But those 3 are what we need. If you consider Tatar and Nyquist as goal scorers, you're kidding yourself.

Edited by kickazz

I really like the idea of trading Howard + for Thornton. Maybe Howard + jurco+ prospect for Thornton. Then go after phaneuf + Reimer for hopefully weiss + smith + kindl + helm. Franzen goes on LTIR

This would give us tremendous center depth and allow hank to play with pavel.

Abby- datsyuk- z

Cole/ big body FA- joe t- pulk ( that shot with joe)

Nyquist- sheahan- tatar

Miller- glenny- Ferraro ( great 4th line/ shutdown)

Kronwall- phaneuf

Dd- Quincey

E- marchenko/ oullete

Mrazek

Reimer

I'm not sure how this is cap wise, but I think that team looks way better

I'd also like to see us a little less aggressive in FA with the big names and a little more focused on really solid role players. I'm at a point where I really, fully support the idea of overpaying for more mid-level talent as opposed to chasing big names, getting shut out, and plugging holes with whatever low-end s*** you can scrape up in a sweeping desperation act.

Thornton > Zetterberg at center. I'd take him. Let Z play winger and have a less stressful season from here on out so he can last the whole season + playoffs.

Again, wishful thinking..

im behind you kickazz I think Jumbo Joe could fill in that role very nicly that shot on the PP? HOLY s*** not to mention keeping z and d together as for D I really wouldn't be against going for Ehrnhoff again if he wouldn't mind a comfortable longer deal with us

Edited by sjr2012

- I would like to see all of our RFA's re-signed with maybe the exception of Andersson.

- Cleary to retire (though I think he has one year left on that hand shake deal with Holland a couple years ago).

- Franzen to retire (again, not because its better for us, but because I want the guy to be able to enjoy the rest of his life)

- Cole/Zidlicky gone

- A top 2 D-man to push E down to the 3rd pairing

- Weiss traded

- Kindl traded

- Smith........traded if it means a good return, but I wouldnt get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him

- Holland/Bacbcock still with the team

- Not sure what I want to do in goal. Mrazek as the guy for the entire season scares me, but Jimmy has too big of a cap hit to be the backup. I guess I would only get rid of Jimmy if it got us a return in a guy like Thornton.

- An elite #2 centre as long as it doesnt cost us our future

- NOT to stray from the re-build, please do not trade any of Mantha, Larkin, Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, AA, or Sproul......Marchenko, Oulette, or Jurco ONLY if it brought a big piece back that would be here for a long time, but I would still rather keep them.

Edited by kliq

1) Howard gone

2) Babs gone

3) Cleary gone

4) Franzen gone (retires)

5) Weiss gone (buyout)

... ouch, that's a lot of cuts...

6) A deeper offense

7) The young defenseman stepping up and maturing

Co.jpg

Seriously though, this team desperately needs better defence. Trade for Phaneuf, sign Green, Mrazek and Howard split starts next season.

Trade Howard and Nyquist in a package for tj oshie.

Make a trade for phaneuf.

Make a trade for someone like Thornton.

Sign mike green.

Zetty- pav- abby

Oshie- thorton- tatar

Jurco-helm-pull

4th line

Kronwall-green

Dekeyser-phaneuf

Quincy - sproul or oulette.

Mrazek in net

Co.jpg

Seriously though, this team desperately needs better defence. Trade for Phaneuf, sign Green, Mrazek and Howard split starts next season.

Now it's time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Cole is cut. Kindl is cut. Zidlicky, you're gone. Marchenko, I like your hustle, that's why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team. Except you, you and you.

Ohhh look Cleary wasn't cut. What a surprise! :glare:

The way I look at it, we need a second line center, a third line winger and a fourth line winger. Aside from the 2C our top 6 could be considered 'set.' The thing is that top six lacks any size and 'drive to the net' attitude with Franzen and Cole gone. Which is what we need to fix. So we need one, maybe two top 6 players to replace Cole and Franzen. Which means someone (Nyquist, Tatar, Abdelkader, Zetterberg) needs to be displaced to a lower line. This problem sort of fixes itself if we make a trade for defensemen, but it's hard to predict who goes and who we acquire.

But I look at it like this:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Zetterberg- ????? -Nyquist

?????-Sheahan-Helm

Miller-Glendening-?????

I suppose Jurco will probably fit in on one of those bottom two slots but I think they might move him. He's been invisible all year. Pulkinnen will probably get a call-up but he doesn't really fit on this roster and I don't think he'll ever be an NHL player. A call-up could fill the fourth line spot. I'd like to see them maybe acquire a 2C and a second line power forward, and bump Nyquist down to the third, maybe. Thoughts? Maybe Mantha could be an effective third liner with Sheahan and Helm. Either way we have a logjam at forward. I'd like Cole to come back, but I have no idea how severe his injury is or how frequently it will happen, so I'm relying on Holland to replace him if he doesn't sign him.

Again.

On defense I'd like to see radical changes made. For starters we need a bonafide #1 or #2 offensive defenseman. Ericsson has been a liability most of the year, but we might be able to use him as trade bait in a package. I'd like to see him go. We have a logjam at defense again and need to clear up dead weight. Assuming, of course, we acquire someone to replace him. None of the kids can, yet. Zidlicky proved to be effective in the regular season and showed how important a puck mover and scorer is on the back end. He disappeared in the playoffs and I no longer think he will return. Kindl and Smith have their moments but overall disappoint. They should be moved if we can get something to replace them with. Perhaps a third pairing of Marchenko-Oullet would be effective? Sure, it's an all-rookie pair but they'd have all season to get comfortable.

Kronwall-??????

Dekeyser-Quincey (A real solid, reliable second pair)

??????-??????