• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Jacob Trouba watch

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

One thing to note; despite what the article claims Russo is still waiver exempt next season.

3 hours ago, Richdg said:

.... For the 2017/18 season we also add Mckee to the lineup ...

Of all the jokes in that post, this was by far the funniest. :D

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I still think WPG would accept a trade with a forward in the package. What if we went Smith, Ouellet, Tatar and 2018 1st for Trouba. I think it's over paying actually. ...

It is overpaying. Grossly even.

Any trade not involving one or more of Larkin, Athanasiou, Svechnikov, Mantha, DeKeyser, and Mrazek will NOT happen.  I'd love to trade Howard, Kronwall, Ericsson, Nyquist, Zetterberg, Franzen, Miller, and Cleary for Trouba too, but it just isn't going to happen.  Trouba is a projected 1st pairing guy.  Not going to come cheap.  Wings will need to move a real asset.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

The price will drop. With the play of Vanek, it makes one of Tatar and Nyquist even more expendable. Tatar looked real good with Z and Larkin last night, plus I've always thought he was the better of the two, so my first thought would be to trade Nyquist. BUT, that also makes Tatar more attractive to other teams, as does his small cap hit this year. Plus, if he hits 30 goals, he may command $6M per season, which we cannot afford. I truly believe Vanek will get re-signed, because Holland likes that type of player. Especially if he continues on like he has started.

I still think WPG would accept a trade with a forward in the package. What if we went Smith, Ouellet, Tatar and 2018 1st for Trouba. I think it's over paying actually. Maybe come end of November, things will heat up!

You say that Tatar has looked "real good" with Zetterberg and Larkin, so Nyquist would be the preferred player to move in a trade... But what about how great Nyquist, Vanek and Helm have looked together? That has been by far our best line, the only line that has stuck through the 3 games... I know you're high on Vanek, and hate Nyquist and Helm but take off the blinders for a moment and give credit where credit is due. Nyquist has been far better than Tatar based on these (small sample) three games. Vanek has looked great, but he's not the only driving force on that line.

I've always liked Tatar more than Nyquist. I said my first thought would be to move gus, but considering that Tatar makes less now and has scored more consistently than gus, he may be the more attractive piece to other teams. Plus the fact that if he hits 30 again, we may not be able to afford him. Thus I was eluding to the notion that we would be better to trade Tatar.  What you're saying is Nyquist has been the better thus in turn making him the more attractive piece that teams would want. That's fine with me to trade gus first, but I think due to his salary and more talent, Tatar would fetch us more. If trading Tatar meant getting Trouba, I'll keep Nyquist. But I still like Tatar more.

LasT night I gave Helm props. I most certainly did not say anything bad about him. But unless he hits the 25 goal mark, I still will not like his contract. He's on his way, so we'll see how this ends up. Maybe HE becomes the attractive piece in a Trouba trade...

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

kliq, we went from starving for right-handed shooting defenseman to icing a team with 5... Not sure if that's a good thing... I personally hope we re-sign Smith (I know, shocking right?). I'd rather see something like...

DeKeyser - Trouba

Smith - Green

Ouellet - Sproul / Russo

Ill be honest, I wrote my post very quickly without even thinking about LH/RD, that is a good point. I would be just as open to trading Marchenko and keeping XO like you have. 

I would obviously love to get rid of E and keep Smith instead, however I cant picture a scenario where E is moved. Smith is a very good possession player, the metrics show it, and anyone that watches him can see it. Last night I was very impressed with him and his ability to move the puck. If he just had that finishing touch he would be a very very good hockey player. My other worry about him is that he will be offered a contract from another team that we will not be able to match due to our cap restraints. In an ideal world, I really like those pairings you have. Get it done Kenny!

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Any trade not involving one or more of Larkin, Athanasiou, Svechnikov, Mantha, DeKeyser, and Mrazek will NOT happen.  I'd love to trade Howard, Kronwall, Ericsson, Nyquist, Zetterberg, Franzen, Miller, and Cleary for Trouba too, but it just isn't going to happen.  Trouba is a projected 1st pairing guy.  Not going to come cheap.  Wings will need to move a real asset.

I dont think anyone is disputing this. All reports indicate that Holland is willing to move anyone not named Larkin for Trouba. If Winnipeg asks for Larkin plus some, Holland should hang up the phone.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

One thing to note; despite what the article claims Russo is still waiver exempt next season.

Wow.....even more reason to not take these "articles" seriously. If you want to be considered a respected sports writer, at least have your facts right.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

kliq, we went from starving for right-handed shooting defenseman to icing a team with 5... Not sure if that's a good thing... I personally hope we re-sign Smith (I know, shocking right?). I'd rather see something like...

DeKeyser - Trouba

Smith - Green

Ouellet - Sproul / Russo

^ OMG. Yes. I don't know where Kronwall and Ericsson have magically disappeared to, but the wine I've been drinking really doesn't care.

5 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

One of these days you're gonna have to tell us about your Brendan Smith connection. Can only fools us for so long.

By the way, so far I am liking what we have seen from Brendan mostly.

Defensive Possession -- on point.  Active in the offensive zone -- on point.  Tenacity -- excellent.  Keeper -- Absolutely.

10 hours ago, kickazz said:

Freedom of Press. 

It's only natural, we are a team in decline, and all these kids who grew up watching a successful team for 20+ years can't handle it. 

Having said that, some of the WiiM writers actually write some useful educational pieces. Things like "How the LTIR works", "How the cap distributes", or "How the cap-recapture penalty works" 

WiiM and other bloggers around the country probably do a better job of explaining some of the way things work than the actual NHL website does (if at all). 

WiiM is trash.

Bunch of smug nerds who pleasure themselves to spreadsheets and are too young to really remember the 97 Cup run.

1 hour ago, Internet.Unknown said:

WiiM is trash.

Bunch of smug nerds who pleasure themselves to spreadsheets and are too young to really remember the 97 Cup run.

Not when they do things like this :

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/10/13/13272504/wiims-charity-challenge

:innocent:

But yes, they do complain a lot and like I said, it's likely due to the way things have been the last 2-3 years with the team. Standard whining protocol. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Because we need Miller and Ott in the lineup and Helm and Sheahan playing on a scoring line.

Helm is exactly where he should be. Centering the third line. With you on the others, though. Sheahan should be on the fourth. 

None of the group of Ott, Sheahan, helm, Miller or Glendening are key to winning anything now or in the future. All are 3rd/4th line guys that can help a good team in specific areas. But we are not a good team. The part that troubles me even more is, if Mantha is brought up he will sit a few games before he sees the ice. he needs to be playing on one of the top 2 lines 15+ minutes a game.

I know, preaching to the choir......

Agreed that Sheahan is being misused.  He should be topping out on the third line, but I'm not breaking up Nyquist-Helm-Vanek at this point. Sheahan would be far more effective on the fourth than Ott or Miller.  I hate seeing AA on the fourth as well, but at this point I think I'd like to see:

Abdelkader-Nielsen-Mantha

Tatar-Larkin-Zetterberg

Nyquist-Helm-Vanek

AA-Glenny-Sheahan

While his contract may be your point of contention Richdg, but Helm's pretty key to winning games these days as he's tied for the lead in goals scored and is just behind Green and line-mate Vanek in points. ...and you gotta win regular season games to win anything else.

I would love a look at..

AA - Nielsen - Tatar

Adelkader - Larkin - Z

Nyquist - Helm - Vanek   (since that 3rd line works great, dont't split them)

Sheahan - Glendening - Ott

As for defense, as long as E is in, this gets reduced to "whose production/performance is most likely to get hurt the least when paired with him.." .. :zzz:

26 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I would love a look at..

AA - Nielsen - Tatar

Adelkader - Larkin - Z

Nyquist - Helm - Vanek   (since that 3rd line works great, dont't split them)

Sheahan - Glendening - Ott

As for defense, as long as E is in, this gets reduced to "whose production/performance is most likely to get hurt the least when paired with him.." .. :zzz:

Minor tweak with Mantha in for Ott, and you have our optimum line-up.  Tinker with Abdelkader, AA, and Mantha if you want different looks for each line.  But those are the 12 that need to be playing.  Jurco can fill in for injuries.

25 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Helm had an en goal and probably won't continue scoring. Historically he's nothing but a drag on a scoring line and forgets what makes him effective and he tries to be too pretty.

Empty net? Uhh no he didn't lol. And this is how we know you didn't actually watch the game :lol:

Edited by kickazz

44 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Empty net? Uhh no he didn't lol. And this is how we know you didn't actually watch the game :lol:

The power of positivity will keep Darren Helm scoring. 

Not Trouba, but in in D-man talk... and something that will seem familiar 'round these parts (losing assets for nothing)

Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: (chat) When asked about Kevin Shattenkirk – that moving Shattenkirk at the trade deadline would be giving up assets. If the Blues are doing well, why not just keep him?

“Because if you don’t trade him before the deadline and he signs elsewhere this summer, which is very likely, than you lose him for nothing. You CAN NOT do that summer after summer, losing guys like Backes, Brouwer and Shattenkirk. You are giving guys away. Sure, if you keep Shattenkirk and win the Stanley Cup past the deadline, then it’s worth it. But if you don’t win the Cup, it can set the franchise back losing asset after asset.”

...but here is some Trouba talk

Chris Nichols of Today’s Slapshot: Darren Dreger was on TSN 690 talking about Jacob Trouba and if it changes anything now that he’s missing games.

“Kevin Cheveldayoff and the Winnipeg Jets remain patient and consistent in their approach. They’re not going to move this guy unless there is not just a reasonable trade option – a trade option that’s a perfect fit for them. I don’t think that they’ve stepped off their asking line of a left-shot, young, 22, 23-year-old defenseman, which is obviously very similar to Jacob Trouba.

“So he’s got to be getting antsy. I don’t think there’s any question about that. But Kurt Overhardt, his agent, has been down this road before. So he’ll have him well-schooled on what to expect, and I’m sure that there are many counseling calls over the course of the day. Certainly over the course of a week.”

If the situation drags out, you might think that Trouba would rethink the scenario, if it’s good for him in the short- and long-term to remain out.

Bridge deal then trade him.

Edited by e_prime

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Helm had an en goal and probably won't continue scoring. Historically he's nothing but a drag on a scoring line and forgets what makes him effective and he tries to be too pretty.

I'm not a Helm fan, but I must defend. His goals have not been empty net. He seems to have lots of jump. He seems to love playing with his current linemates.  I didn't see his first goal, but the two he had in the home opener were legit goal scorers goals. So far he has played very well.  Let's hope he keeps it up.

5 minutes ago, ash11 said:

if mantha keeps it up, I can forsure see him being traded, so lets hope he keeps increasing his trade value.

Ya let's trade away a player with his size and scoring ability because we have so many of those waiting to come 

i know how desperate we are for defense but unless we're getting a real number 1 dman we shouldn't go too crazy , I'd much rather use athanasiou at this point cause the way the wings are using him he's gonna end helm 2.0 and at that point I'd rather keep the sniper and trade athanasiou before his value plummets completely

also obviously nyquist/Tatar as trade bait , 2nd round pick and beyond(no way we deal the first this season) smith,marchenko(rather keep ouellet and sproul as I see them with higher upside) ... Sheahan 

Anyways point is we have other chips to use , and if we don't get trouba now we can just wait till he said a ufa to come home, not like we're winning the cup next few seasons