• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

01/01 GDT : Red Wings vs Maple Leafs : Centennial Classic : 3:00 PM ET

I never said he's the only Detroit goaltender not receiving defensive support. But based strictly on the eye test, he's been better than Mrazek (in a small sample size of course). I just think he's done enough to earn the lion's share of starts moving forward and it'll be his job to lose

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Most of the goals any of the three goalies have allowed were from s***ty defence, not just Coreau. It's not isolated to him.

And I base a lot of that on his first start against Pittsburgh and tonight's game. He may have lost both but he still impressed me in those starts

1 minute ago, kylee said:

Leafs are overdue for some success. We had our run 

No they are NEVER due any success.  Screw the Leafs.

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

That's because people are arguing with each other :lol:

No we're not.  We are "discussing and debating in a non savage way"?  lol

45 minutes ago, bringbackfontez said:

I never said he's the only Detroit goaltender not receiving defensive support. But based strictly on the eye test, he's been better than Mrazek (in a small sample size of course). I just think he's done enough to earn the lion's share of starts moving forward and it'll be his job to lose

He's allowed less than 3 goals only once. The two against Ottawa. I think he's a good goalie and I like having him as a solid third option and think he has a bright future with the Wings, but based on the 4 games he's played, he hasn't been better. I doubt he's earned the starting job. I think he was started today to basically tell Mrazek to smarten the hell up. Loosing out on playing the outdoor game must piss him off alot.

He's allowed less than 3 goals only once. The two against Ottawa. I think he's a good goalie and I like having him as a solid third option and think he has a bright future with the Wings, but based on the 4 games he's played, he hasn't been better. I doubt he's earned the starting job. I think he was started today to basically tell Mrazek to smarten the hell up. Loosing out on playing the outdoor game must piss him off alot.

Mrazek's giving up 3.11 a game, 7th worst in the league. So whatever. Honestly, with the amount of holes this team possesses, it really doesn't matter who's in net.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It was a great day and game. MANtha is growing up and becoming a star before our eyes. BTW has anyone noticed our O has been playing better without Green? For the season we have averaged 2.33 goals per game. But in the last 4 games without Green we have scored 14 goals or a 3.66 goals per game average. That is a big jump. Yes it is a very small sample, but it is interesting......

It's about time Mantha was given a real shot to show what he can do. What sucks is that it took two injuries and seeing Bertuzzi go up ahead of him before he got called up. Just goes to show it's way past time to go with the youth. Holland needs to move any pending UFAs or anyone over 30 (besides Z, let him do what he wants to) to any teams that are interested at the deadline for picks, prospects, or young NHLers if the Wings aren't in the playoff picture.

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It's about time Mantha was given a real shot to show what he can do. What sucks is that it took two injuries and seeing Bertuzzi go up ahead of him before he got called up. Just goes to show it's way past time to go with the youth. Holland needs to move any pending UFAs or anyone over 30 (besides Z, let him do what he wants to) to any teams that are interested at the deadline for picks, prospects, or young NHLers if the Wings aren't in the playoff picture.

Yes. Clear the decks. I would look to move everyone over 26 for picks and prospects. We need to free up the cap space and get younger and more athletic. New coach and GM would also help.

40 minutes ago, Richdg said:

It was a great day and game. MANtha is growing up and becoming a star before our eyes. BTW has anyone noticed our O has been playing better without Green? For the season we have averaged 2.33 goals per game. But in the last 4 games without Green we have scored 14 goals or a 3.66 goals per game average. That is a big jump. Yes it is a very small sample, but it is interesting......

This entire statement means nothing. I would hope that your not trying to say Green is the problem with the offense.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but this thread is going off the rails again. Please discuss the game and the game only in this thread. Any discussion of who needs to be moved where, etc. should be posted in an appropriate thread.

28 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

This entire statement means nothing. I would hope that your not trying to say Green is the problem with the offense.

Agreed, Green has been very good this year. This team is not as good without him out there. 

1 hour ago, bringbackfontez said:

Mrazek's giving up 3.11 a game, 7th worst in the league. So whatever. Honestly, with the amount of holes this team possesses, it really doesn't matter who's in net.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I agree, this team can't play in its own end as much as it does. It's so glaring.  Only way to get out of your own end is to have people who can move the puck.  There isn't even a C+ passer on our D right now.  Green is a B when he's playing but.............he's hurt. 

52 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

It means what I said. Nothing more. The team has earned 5 out of 8 points without him in the lineup. It is a small sample.

I've just finished watching the game, had a few errands to run, and wow, that game surely lit up at the end of that 3rd period, talk about finishing strong. I was really hoping for AntMan to get the hatty in OT but we were kind of messy and surely put Coreau in a tight spot (well, that happened for most of the game) I felt he started playing more aggresive and that's when that barrage of goals happened. what's up with our D trying to get out of our zone? they coughed up the puck to Leafs players way to many times by trying to play it "safe".

It would have been cool to take this game after what happened at the Big House, but at least our boyz fought back and gave us hope.

Really hope Blash and the boys step it up in the upcoming games. give us something to believe in. 

large.gallery_23619_93_532482.jpg

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

I love Anthony Mantha. Like, total notice-me-senpai mancrush.

^lol

large.gallery_23619_93_101081.jpg

4 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

A little speck of hope? Imagine if this actually went into OT. No pressure.

You called it Mabus, once again you're ahead of our time

Now onto watching the Lions vs Packers, 4Q. Come on Lions you can do this!

Edited by NerveDamage

Fun game to watch, and here I sit saying if we can just get over this speed bump of playing better D. We would be a playoff team. Who knows, maybe it's me just wanting the streak to go on until I die. 

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

7 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Fun game to watch, and here I sit saying if we can just get over this speed bump of playing better D. We would be a playoff team. Who knows, maybe it's me just wanting the streak to go on until I die. 

Why not?  The pessimism on this board sometimes is understandable but I chose to believe until it ends.  Who doesn't want to make the playoffs?  We could still make the playoffs and continue to build this team to win the cup and not 50 plus years from now.  I believe our coaches and GM are the biggest hinder currently.

The Toronto media is funny, they're making a big deal that the Leafs, "won the Centennial Classic", like it was a huge achievement or something, and it's going to be remembered for the next 100 years. The reality is, it was a home game in January.

7 hours ago, Barrie said:

The Toronto media is funny, they're making a big deal that the Leafs, "won the Centennial Classic", like it was a huge achievement or something, and it's going to be remembered for the next 100 years. The reality is, it was a home game in January.

That's just the start of it. As that Leaf team gets better and wins more, even the slightest achievements will be blown up like mad. Especially if they win a playoff round. It'll be like they just won the Cup. Leaf fans are the worst, and there's TONS around here. A guy I know burned his Leaf jersey when they lost that Game 7 to Boston a few years ago. Now he's probly got himself a brand new Matthews jersey and 5 others. Back on the bandwagon!

Edited by chaps80

On 1/1/2017 at 6:58 PM, bringbackfontez said:

I feel like Coreau played well all night. The final score doesn't tell the story of the game for me. As usual, defense left him out to dry all night. Too many defensive zone turnovers, too many odd-man rushes, and I think he handled them as well as could be expected. 4th start of his career, in that setting. Pretty impressive. The OT winner is really the only goal I put exclusively on him. This is probably slightly knee-jerk is, but the way Petr has played, Coreau is my starter going forward.

I think Petr has been left with the same deals you saw Coreau deal with, we just decided to put pucks in net. Granted we expect Coreau to give up a few just due to limited NHL time. We have to remember Petr is young and still maturing in net. Howard has just been a machine when in. Which im sure they where not saying that as much last year. Which haha leads back like you say to defense and maybe some of the Petr issues vanish and Coreau looks like Beast. I do believe Coreau will make a good starter if he keeps improving on seeing the puck.