• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Y19

1/16 GDT: Montreal Canadiens at Red Wings, 3:00 EST

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Who do you like best out of our 3 goalies?

If you're talking about right this very second for me it's :

1. Coreau

2. Mrazek

3. Howard

When Howard is healthy and if he can get back to the way he was playing he's # 1.  No matter who is chosen we have to move one of either Howard or Mrazek. Too much money tied up in goal.   Coreau has now played 8 games. If he plays 10 he has to clear waivers. Not sure how that changes the plans going forward. 

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Who do you like best out of our 3 goalies?

What I wish I liked :

1. Mrazek

2. Coreau

3. Howard

What I ended up liking so far this season

1. Howard

2. Coreau

3. Mrazek

Sucks, but Mrazek just hasn't been cutting it. And people here know well that I hate excuses. So I'm not making any excuses for him. 

Coreau's size playing a huge advantage at times. Imo he should stay as a backup because this league is all about blocking shots and being big in front of the net. He's not particularly a skilled goalie but he's just a wall. 

Edited by kickazz

24 minutes ago, puckbags said:

If you're talking about right this very second for me it's :

1. Coreau

2. Mrazek

3. Howard

When Howard is healthy and if he can get back to the way he was playing he's # 1.  No matter who is chosen we have to move one of either Howard or Mrazek. Too much money tied up in goal.   Coreau has now played 8 games. If he plays 10 he has to clear waivers. Not sure how that changes the plans going forward. 

Howard needs to be moved.  

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

What I wish I liked :

1. Mrazek

2. Coreau

3. Howard

What I ended up liking so far this season

1. Howard

2. Coreau

3. Mrazek

Sucks, but Mrazek just hasn't been cutting it. And people here know well that I hate excuses. So I'm not making any excuses for him. 

Coreau's size playing a huge advantage at times. Imo he should stay as a backup because this league is all about blocking shots and being big in front of the net. He's not particularly a skilled goalie but he's just a wall. 

I still say Mrazek will be #1 for the future of this club.  

Great to see two in a row against two of the best teams in the East. Coreau with another egg. Only negative I take away from this one is the fact that this team continues to play like the Harlem Hockey Globetrotters. Too many "additional", unnecessary, flashy passes, especially on the PP. Just put the thing on net. When was the last time we saw 3 in a row?!?!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Mrazek has been abysmal.  What makes you feel this way?

I know he's been a nightmare for over a year now! How can anyone think he is our future... if he is we are doomed! Remember all those interviews that nothing fazes him well I think this past year has destroyed his faze.

7 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

I know he's been a nightmare for over a year now! How can anyone think he is our future... if he is we are doomed! Remember all those interviews that nothing fazes him well I think this past year has destroyed his faze.

I'm not sure if he's as bad as you're making him out to be but to answer the question of why people think he's our future. It's probably because Mrazek was overhyped and people have equal amount of hatred towards Howard and henceworth started worshipping Mrazek. Also because the org (Holland?) stated in the summer that he'll be #1 

I want Mrazek to be the future as well. I'm not entirely sure if he will be at the moment. He may need a few more years till he can keep a #1 spot or else he might end up having to be in a tandem role long term. 

The issue I have is when people kept making excuses for him for 4 months and were acting completely oblivious to his poor play. It's January and Mrazek still hasn't taken the reigns. I'm rooting for him, but I also got pretty annoyed with all the excuses. 

Edited by kickazz

Great to see two in a row against two of the best teams in the East. Coreau with another egg. Only negative I take away from this one is the fact that this team continues to play like the Harlem Hockey Globetrotters. Too many "additional", unnecessary, flashy passes, especially on the PP. Just put the thing on net. When was the last time we saw 3 in a row?!?!

6 in a row from October 17-27 (to answer my own question). Doubt that streak is sniffed for a little while

2 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Nice win, Coreau is making a case for himself to stick around for a while. I already feel a bit more confident with him in net than I do Mrazek at this point. Defense is looking a lot better also with Kronwall out and Jensen playing. Maybe we are finally finding a positive direction and a winning formula?

Jensen wasn't flashy, but very noticeably good this game. And that XO pairing looked very dependable. 

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed by Coreau when he first came up, but he's really gotten his timing and positioning in order the past couple of games. Another lesson that you shouldn't judge from the first few NHL games (Howie was horrible in his first couple). Definitely making a case for himself. It will be interesting to see what we do if Howard's still injured and Coreau plays beyond waiver eligibility (10 games). We'll be forced to expose him to waivers or trade one of Mraz or Howard.

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I'm not sure if he's as bad as you're making him out to be but to answer the question of why people think he's our future. It's probably because Mrazek was overhyped and people have equal amount of hatred towards Howard and henceworth started worshipping Mrazek. Also because the org (Holland?) stated in the summer that he'll be #1 

I want Mrazek to be the future as well. I'm not entirely sure if he will be at the moment. He may need a few more years till he can keep a #1 spot or else he might end up having to be in a tandem role long term. 

The issue I have is when people kept making excuses for him for 4 months and were acting completely oblivious to his poor play. It's January and Mrazek still hasn't taken the reigns. I'm rooting for him, but I also got pretty annoyed with all the excuses. 

My thoughts 100%

Coreau has given me a reason to watch. Probably some of that wisdom I yelled out in Marquette's Lakeview Arena all those years ago echoed around until it somehow found it's way into his head. 

What? It could happen.

The red wings are not going to get rid of mrazek. Howard has had like 3 seasons as bad if not worse than mrazek this year and kenny didnt move him then. No way do they give up on mrazek because unlike howard, when mrazek is on his game he is truly a game breaker. Kenny messed up royally with this cuz if coreau plays 2 more games he would have to clear waivers which he wouldnt. So now kenny will literally get nothing for howard.

8 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

The red wings are not going to get rid of mrazek. Howard has had like 3 seasons as bad if not worse than mrazek this year and kenny didnt move him then. No way do they give up on mrazek because unlike howard, when mrazek is on his game he is truly a game breaker. Kenny messed up royally with this cuz if coreau plays 2 more games he would have to clear waivers which he wouldnt. So now kenny will literally get nothing for howard.

Lol.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... what an experience this game was. 3 rows from the glass behind Price, so pretty much every shot that missed him seemed like it was heading towards us. First time it happened, during practice, I ducked so some girls whom were sitting on the other side of the aisle from me, laughed about my reaction. Really cool to get to see all the players that up close, really makes you feel a part of the game. Great effort by our Boyz, although it was too close for comfort, they all seemed to be on top of things and there was some sort of relief to see how they handled the Habs. Really liking how Jensen looks on the ice, he has some puck handling skills and speed, hope to see more of him.

Got to meet Ken Kal before the game and took a pic with him and got his autograph. Since I was next to the zamboni area I got to talk to Al Sobotka and did the same with him as well, He was talking to the aforementioned girls and offered them a zamboni ride, so I seized the moment and made the best of it, he's quite the ladies man... too bad he didn't needed me as a wing man, otherwise... who knows.
Couldn't ask for a better experience and to be at the Joe for a shutout. Even the bus to greektown was a hoot, every Wings fan was so excited and happy so there were a lot of laughs on that ride.
Tomorrow I'll be meeting Bill Berzeench's home boy Brendan Smith, really looking up for that. 
Cool experience in Detroit so far. Good times, good times. ND signing off.
Lets Go Red Wings!

I seem to remember somebody last season saying the new tandem should be Mrazek and Coreau.

If The waiver thing is true about Coreau, then Howard better be placed on LTIR soon...especially if Helm is about ready to play.

But it would be just like Holland to think, "Noone will take Coreau off waivers...we can just whip him down without any worry. "

IMO, Howard has played his last game as a red wing.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If The waiver thing is true about Coreau, then Howard better be placed on LTIR soon...especially if Helm is about ready to play.

That would be horrible. If he goes on LTIR there is no chance he has played his last game. He needs to come back and play at the level he was at previously. Outside of Vanek a healthy in form Howard is Detroits best asset to trade. If hes on LTIR and doesnt get a chance to get back nobody will trade for him before the deadline or this off-season and the likelihood that Vegas takes him gets lower. Howard needs to be back this season playing well. If not Howard will be in a Wings uniform next year.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I seem to remember somebody last season saying the new tandem should be Mrazek and Coreau.

But it would be just like Holland to think, "Noone will take Coreau off waivers...we can just whip him down without any worry. "

IMO, Howard has played his last game as a red wing.

Remember, you dont place players on LTIR. If you go over the cap, you use guys on LTIR to get cap relief.

Why haven't they played like this since November?

Mickey kept saying it was the most jump they have had all season the last 2 games. Maybe Blash is finally letting the kids make mistakes and da' kids aren't looking over their shoulder worrying about it ? I mean he had XO and Jenson out there paired in the 3rd I believe and no major damage which was interesting. 

I am guessing too little to late but who knows 800-Dial-Miracles is taking calls

12 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Lol. Howard has NEVER had a season as bad as mrazek. His two worst season were 2.80gaa .906 sv% and 2.79/.908.

Mrazek is currently 3.19/.893...

Edited by Euro_Twins

27 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Lol. Howard has NEVER had a season as bad as mrazek. His two worst season were 2.80gaa .906 sv% and 2.79/.908.

Mrazek is currently 3.19/.893...

That's embarassing for a goalie supposedly considered "as consistent as any goalie in the NHL" and someone who is better than Howard.

Edited by kickazz

I've always perfered big goalies ever since Rinne came into the league for the preds and put up a wall against us. Now I hope that Coreau can be our Rinne. I've not forsaken Mrazek but if we could drop Howards contract I think we'd be set in goal for sometime. Let mraz and rozie battle it out for starter.